Cross Over Locomotives

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Vector224, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Vector224

Vector224 Member

Hi are the any other locomotives like the class 08 shunter which shows up on the west sommerset railway with out it telling you please?

2. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by 'shows up without telling you'. When I've looked at the screenshot and description it does show a 09 shunter. I think there are only two other add-ons which are the Class 52 'Western' and the class 33. There is also a class 47 in BR green and there is a class 47 on North trans Pennine but in BR corporate blue. I think those are all the locos currently on WSR

There are other locos that cross over including the BR 101 and 08 (NTP and Tees Valley) and also quite a few of the German routes and locos.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  3. Vector224

Vector224 Member

When i bought the heavy freight pack all it said it requires at the time was the Northern trans it was a complete surprise to see the 08 in the locomotive selection of west sommerset as the game didn't tell me that it would

4. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

The class 08 is included with the purchase of the WSR. You get the class 08 and the class 47 in BR green + coaches.

HTH.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s the Class 09 that comes with WSR. The Class 08 is the one from NTP and TVL.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

When you purchase a loco DLC you require the route DLC that it is specifically for in order for it to work. There is also a system in TSW called substitution. This is where any loco that you own will substitute for a loco in another route depending on a certain set of criteria, most of which are automatic. There are some exceptions where there are compatibility issues. So in WSR the services that use the Class 09 can also be driven with the Class 08 from your Heavy Freight pack, through substitution.

There are also some routes, mainly the German ones, where there are extra services using trains from other routes that you own, as well as the substitution system. These other services are usually listed in the page for the route on Dovetail Live website but the trains the substitutions aren’t. With British and US routes there aren’t that many examples of extra services or substitutions, as the different routes are set in different eras or use different types of train that can’t substitute.

For UK routes...
    The Class 31 and Class 20 DLCs for the TVL route can be used on WSR services, in addition to the Class 08.
    There is a railtour service in ECW that uses the coaching stock from NTP with Class 40, 45 and 47 from NTP and the Class 31 and 37 from TLV can be used with that service too.

7. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Trying to do the railtour with the class 31 or 37 I cant remember which is hilarious, its doesnt have enough oomph to get it to go faster than about 40mph!