Train Sim 2016 For £5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pookeyhead, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Just a heads up. If anyone needs Riviera Line in the 50s and doesn't want to wait until the Steam Sale to see if its on offer, you can get a game code for TS2016 from Instant Gaming for £4 +VAT.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1078-buy-game-steam-train-simulator-2016/

They still have codes for 2018 for those who need NW Coastal, and 2017 for those that need South Wales Coastal.

2. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

I'm after the NWC Holyhead extension if anyone has any leads on where I could get it from...???

Eric

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's off sale due to licensing issues.

4. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

I ordered 2 items, still waiting for my conformation phone call 15 min later and as said prices do not include vat or money conversion charge.

I have decided to wait for a steam sale.

Mike

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  5. Pookeyhead

What? I've used them before, no issue. I used them again today.
    Untitled-1.jpg

Instant access to a valid Steam code - what confirmation call are you waiting for? This is the fourth time I've used Instant Games and there is absolutely no issue whatsoever. I said quite plainly in my post that prices are +VAT.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pookeyhead

...and there is absolutely no charge for currency conversion. It was advertised as £4.54 +VAT and that is precisely what I paid.

6356735673567.jpg

How did you pay? Maybe the hold up is Paypal? I paid via Credit Card... I got my code INSTANTLY. Whatever your issue is, it is NOT Instant Gaming. Every time I've used Paypal in the past 2 days, it has insisted on sending a confirmation SMS to my phone and insisted on verification etc. Please stop blaming the wrong people and jumping to conclusions. Just use a credit card.. you'll be protected if you do.. more so than if you used Paypal! Besides... like I said, I've used them multiple times before... there's no issue.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  7. michael hooley

It is not a rumour, I am telling you what happened, I chose Railway Empire then I had to register then i went to checkout where as you say 20% Vat was added, then went to pay by PayPal. another 25p added, then it said add my telephone number and wait for a telephone call with a 4 digit code to enter into my order box. I am still waiting for the phone call therefor I cannot complete the order.

They are facts so please do not accuse me of spreading rumours.

8. Pookeyhead

Which I clearly stated was the case.. so I've no idea why you keep mentioning that as if it's a problem.

Which is Paypal taking a fee.. so why are you blaming Instant Gaming for Paypal charging you a fee?

I chose to pay with a credit card... Looks like the issue is Paypal to me.

I'll repeat what I posted above, as I made an edit after you had read it I suspect.

How did you pay? Maybe the hold up is Paypal? I paid via Credit Card... I got my code INSTANTLY. Whatever your issue is, it is NOT Instant Gaming. Every time I've used Paypal in the past 2 days, it has insisted on sending a confirmation SMS to my phone and insisted on verification etc. It happened to me last night when I tried to buy something from the DTG Sale. Please stop blaming the wrong people and jumping to conclusions. Just use a credit card.. you'll be protected if you do.. more so than if you used Paypal! Besides... like I said, I've used them multiple times before... there's no issue with Instant Gaming. Looks like a technical issue with Paypal to me.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  9. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Asking for further clarification on your claims because they differ with ours is not accusing you of lying or starting rumors. It's simply stating other experiences and asking follow up questions, likely to try and figure out if something was done wrong and to try and help you. No one here thinks you fabricated your experience, but more likely that your experience was an anomaly due to a mistake somewhere rather than malice or a scam by the site.

I know the process you're talking about as I have also bought from them. I purchased with PayPal as counter to what Pookyhead said, purchasing with a credit card through PayPal offers a further level of protection as PayPal also offers dispute resolution and chargebacks if something goes wrong. I had to enter my phone number for a verification call and within seconds my cell phone was ringing and when I answered an automated voice read back a 4 number code to be put into the correct field in the system. As soon as I did that, the key was provided.

If you did not get the call I would suspect that either A. you put in the wrong phone number, or B. There was an error or glitch with their system and the call did not go through. In either event, the proper procedure would probably be to go through their support channels rather than telling others to beware before your own issue has reached a negative resolution. Instant Gaming is a reputable site that many have used many times in the past. Your issue is nearly certainly an issue of user error or system error that can likely be rectified by a support ticket.

10. Pookeyhead

Something clearly went wrong with the Paypal texting system. I bought something else again from the DTG sale, and again I was sent a SMS from Paypal to verify the purchase, and still I had to wait HOURS for DTG to "verify" it. If I had used a credit card with DTG I bet none of that would have happened either. For some reason Paypal have started sending a SMS whenever I make a purchase, no matter where from. It may be Paypal, or it may be how Instant Gaming have implemented that check in their website. One thing is certain though, if you don't use Paypal the site works flawlessly, and being the 4th time I've used the site can assure anyone reading this that they are not a scam site, or dodgy in any way.

Personally, my advice is, if you have ANY doubts about anything, using a credit card offers you the most protection any way. Instant Gaming however, have been around for years... nothing to worry about.

11. michael hooley

Thank you for your edit Pookeyhead, I never intended to infer the site was fraudulent, For security reasons I always pay by Paypal more so if it is an overseas site. as i am useless with my mobile I entered my home phone number, maybe that was the problem. I apologise if I have caused any misunderstanding. I may get my son to have a go later and put in my mobile number.
    I hope we call all still be friends, i live on my own and have been in lockdown for 210 days, these forums are a lifeline and thank god for Ts2021 and TSW.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pookeyhead

I genuinely think there is a problem with Paypal at the moment. I've never been asked to verify via SMS code, and I've never had to wait hours on the DTG site to get a steam code.

13. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

I always receive an SMS whenever I log into my Paypal account but I found it a little odd that, for a recent purchase, a company I hadn't dealt with before could somehow trigger such a message before I had even got as far as attempting to log into Paypal.
    I guess Paypal integration methods are changing all the time.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  14. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

I think it becomes all the more frustrating when you just want your download NOW...

In this day & age we've all become accustomed to instantly getting what we want and when it goes wrong for whatever reason, tempers become fraught...

Michael... I'm sure everyone's good... there's no harm done just a few crossed wires causing a few misunderstandings... We're all big boys (& girls?) here and we play nicely!!! :love:

Can't be nice being holed up for all that time... If its any consolation I'd gladly swap with you rather than having to go out and drive some very ignorant passengers about but that's another story...!!!

Eric

15. Pookeyhead

Exactly. I edited my post, as I thought my initial response was perhaps badly worded.