Rsslo Routes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattdsoares, Oct 20, 2020.

1. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

RSSLO is having a sale to coincide with the Dovetail Sale so I took another look at their routes, especially those not offered by DTG. Has anyone had experience with them and route recommendations?

I have their Allgaubahn route and was disappointed due to what I felt were extremely simplistic visuals. Low res textures (even for TS), lack of detail, and mostly copy and paste 2 d trees which when placed over and over next to each other which make bad patterns form.

I also have Mittenwaldbahn which is pretty good and Sudbahn which is absolutely fantastic.

Any ones to go for or to avoid?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BeenTrain

BeenTrain Member

For me, being into mountainousroutes, almost off all of them appeal.

Karawankenbahn and Brennerbahn are good, and add Italy and Slovenia to TS, which gives a lot of atmosphere.
    All te latest routes Arlbergbahn, Salzburg-Wels, Worgl-Saalfelden and Salzburg Rosenheim are pretty good in my opinion.

The vegetation can sometimes be a bit "Hmmm", but if you are annoyed by that, there are a lot of community updates out there to improve vegetation. Although I feel it is improving with every new route they publisch

3. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

AllgaĆ¼bahn is a very old route.

The new Salzburg Rosenheim route is very good. Certainly the best RSSLO route to date.

4. mattdsoares

Thanks! I think i'll pick up a couple, but the fact that some RSSLO routes come with required locos and other don't makes it a bit annoying to figure out what I need. So if I buy this route, it comes with this loco, that this route needs, but not this loco that can only be bought through dtg...etc...etc...etc haha. They do not make it clear or simple.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

Not sure but i think everything required comes with the route. Except perhaps ELAP.

6. mattdsoares

It varies by route according to their website. A few routes like Sudbahn from Wien comes with a train, as does one or two others, but most of the routes require either that you at least have the basic european locos and assets pack or additional payware and/or freeware trains. I ended up grabbing a few routes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'd never known about RSSLO before. Their sale prices are somewhat attractive, but the route descriptions are sketchy at best and do not include links to user manuals. What I'd be interested in are routes that include freight activities, especially shunting.
    I did find their products listed at a Steam site that makes manuals available for perusal, but their scenario descriptions are way too sketchy to determine what happens: https://store.steampowered.com/app/820201/Train_Simulator_Tirol_Brenner__Kufstein_Route_AddOn/
    This is the first time I've realized that providers of TS material other than DTG can be found on Steam!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  8. mattdsoares

Quite a large amount of the DLC for TS that is offered on Steam was developed by third parties. DTG often partners with these other third parties to publish routes they've created. Go look at any route or train DLC in Steam and you'll see that sometimes the Publisher and Developer listed are both DTG, while other times the developer is Just Trains, RSSLO, Aerosoft, Rivet Games, VirtualRailroad, etc. etc. etc.

I got a couple routes that are NOT published by DTG on steam from RSSLO like the section of Sudbahn from Vienna, Karawankenbahn, and Salzburg-Rosenheim and the quality is just as good as I'd expect from one that DTG signed off on for Steam.

As for freight, I don't run freight normally, and I especially don't play train tetris, er...shunting so I can't comment on that. All the routes I got from RSSLO do have a balance of passenger and freight operations though.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Looking at the Salzburg - Rosenheim route it says you need the European Loco and Asset pack and nothing else

10. mattdsoares

yes, and I bought it. Some routes came with locos, some don't, and some just require the basic Euro Loco and Assets