Cascais-lisbon Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by migueld, Oct 19, 2020.

1. migueld

migueld Active Member

I made a thread a couple weeks ago suggesting this line but never actually went into detail about it so here it is. This is I would say one of the prettiest and coolest lines in Europe, in connects the municipality of Cascais with the Capital of Portugal Lisbon, it is a commuter railway that travels along the Atlantic coast all along and it's a line that's always very busy especially in the summer as it stops in every major/important location such as the historical places coming into Lisbon, takes people to the Lisbon ship harbor, the famous Portuguese museum's, universities and closer to Cascais it takes people to the several beaches that are present, therefore in the summer it is extremely busy with surfer's, families etc.. going to the beach. In the morning rush hour you can expect to find these trains packed with people travelling to Lisbon for work and in the afternoon rush hour the trains will be packed both ways as well but mostly on the way back to Cascais. These trains are almost 70 years old although they were renovated in 2003, so they are still the same trains but completely reworked. They are the 3150, 3250 series and run on 1500 volts, it was the first railway in this country to use voltage. I'm very fascinated by these trains because I grew up with them and I think that if DTG developed this line on TSW 2 it would definitely not be a waste of time or money, the views you would have to enjoy and the scenery to appreciate is just beautiful, obviously nothing could beat reality but it's also not a boring line at all, you could drive the 'All Stops' service that calls all stations between Lisbon and Cascais or the 'Semi-Rapid' which stops at only a few stops between Cais do Sodre and Oeiras Station and then all stations between Oeiras station and Cascais. DTG if you do consider making this line I have dozens of videos and pictures in the cab of almost every detail as I grew up around these trains and was always an enthusiast for them, so I tried to get a must as possible when it comes to pictures. I won't be posting those cab pictures and videos on this thread because I don't have them copyrighted but I'd be more than happy to give them to DTG in confidence if you do decide to develop this line, I would probably have to get more pictures of a few panels and screens from the cab as the previous ones were blurry, but I'm currently living in North America but I travel there every summer, although I can still have someone take those for me and I'd send them right through, not only that I'd be more than happy to help DTG develop this line since I have a very deep understanding of these trains and the line itself to provide small details and more. Here are some picture of this line and DTG if you do consider it and would like some intel, feel free to reach out to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd love to see such a line. A change in scenery, different trains, and another signalling system to learn. That'd be pretty nice. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. migueld

migueld Active Member

I agree! And the air break sounds these trains make in the cab when the driver pulls the break lever is very satisfying to hear as it is louder than most trains, not mention the classic thumping noise trains make on these rails because they’re so old, you don't hear that as much on other newer lines unless your going through a junction :/

4. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I would love to see this in TSW!!! Then expand Portuguese DLC into Lisbon city center with trams:

• Like Like x 1