Shrewsbury To Hereford

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Oo7 BELL 7oO, Oct 20, 2020.

?
  1. Yes definitely, its getting a bit boring now.

75.0%
  2. Maybe.

25.0%
  3. Not really.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No there is a wide enough veriety.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

I think there should be a route from Shrewsbury to Hereford, this journey is about 53 minutes long (45 miles).
    This route could be the first to include a feature where you can role-play as the guard or run a driver only service. I believe that you should experiment with longer routes to see if the community likes it. Ideas for collectables are: Dispatch Batons to pick up, Route information boards to fix, Graffiti to cover up and Electric boxes to fix.
    Some information about the route:

Doubling the line
    The line had originally been a double track from Shrewsbury to Ludlow and the remaining single. The latter part of the line was doubled in 1893. The tunnel at Dinmore had been constructed as a single bore, and a second bore was driven to enable the doubling.

Gradients
    The northern part of the line was not easy for enginemen in the days of steam. The summit was just south of Church Stretton. Leaving Shrewsbury there is a climb of thirteen miles (21 km) to the summit, with gradients up to 1 in 100. Approaching from the south, the climb is about the same length, with gradients up to 1 in 92 and a punishing final two miles (3.2 km) at 1 in 112.

Also, this could be the first route that you (DTG) could introduce GSMR.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

I REALLY wanna see some longer routes in TSW 2. I really wanna see them because I want routes to be more challenging in some aspects which could really make the game less boring. This route seems quite cool btw. I really wanna see such routes implemented. A great example was GWR which will soon be released in preserved collection.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

I do agree, there needs to be more variety in the game. And I feel like British routes are all the same. I think we need to see things like Sprinters (Class 150, 153,158 et cetera), Turbostars (Class 170, 171) and the Cordias (Class 175, 180)