West Somerset Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by david-bright184169, Oct 16, 2020.

1. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

West Somerset preserved collection was included in this roadmap update but has not appeared for download
    When will it arrive or has it been postponed?

2. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Appering on the roadmaps means it should be comning soon thought i'm not sure a offical date been announced yet.

3. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

No official date for phase 4 of preserved collection has been mentioned at all. "Next arrival" does not mean next update nor next Thursday, it just means that it is planned to release short term without a certain date.
    You will see on their homepage and probably on this forum as soon as a date will be announced.

• Like Like x 2
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Its not been released yet thats why. It appeared with Rhein Ruhr Oosten, oakville sub and the class 52 and class 33. They will be preserved collection pack #5 to be released. Quite possibly in two weeks or more so when they are ready for release. I mean we really don't want anyone complaining that they don't work would we?

Personally I'm looking forward to the rest of the preserved stuff to be released so DTG can concentrate more on all the stuff that's not working as it should.

Regards
    Hentis.

• Like Like x 1
  5. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

If you own TSW2020 it is available for download and will come across once ‘preserved’ This is how I’ve been saving 10% on most of the stuff that has recently appeared that I don’t already own as much is discounted IF you already own 2020 that is. West Somerset isnt currently discounted itself but the class 33 ad on is.

upload_2020-10-20_8-18-58.jpeg

6. Markerson

Markerson Member

This Friday’s railfan stream is West Somerset Railway. So it could be very soon.

7. markpeters69

markpeters69 New Member

It's out at the moment over here in New Zealand.

Just doing a big update and then doing the phase 4 stuff

• Like Like x 1
  8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I have only Rhein Ruhr Osten as dlc owned on Xbox so Im Downloaded already from
    Neuseeland Store and Change back to Germany at Midnight for München Augsburg

9. mclitke

Be careful, they advised on stream yesterday to no change stores. It may be possible that your dlc gets locked to that region if you do so, so that you can't download it anymore on the german shop.

• Like Like x 3
  10. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

We all did that with Preserved Routes and change to United Kingdom when the huge issues was.
    We own the rights once we paid for

11. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

Well if you choose to ignore a direct statement from the Community Manager that is your prerogative. If you run into problems down the line then it won't be any good complaining.

• Like Like x 4
  12. mclitke

Of course you do. And then it does not show up for you when you change back the shop, then there will be three rant threads created on forum claiming DTG has done everything wrong again, and 10 tickets sent to support. Because hundreds of people did that support needs weeks to unlock it for every single person and in that time 5 more rant threads are created claiming that DTG is ignoring you and not fixing stuff. And all that because you can't wait even 18 hours.
    But hey maybe nothing will happen, who knows. Do as you please.

• Like Like x 7
  13. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

What exactly happened? The Rapid Transit issue was due to some older editions (TSW1) not being given the entitlement. Nothing to do with changing region. This was fixed and automatically became available a few days later.

If you queue the DLC from the New Zealand Microsoft Store site all it does is download it ready to unlock midnight in your time zone (you can't bypass this). It's the same file. It just stays locked until it officially becomes available in your actual store region. All my preserved routes I've done it this way-no issues whatsoever. Saves downloading at midnight.

On PS4 it's different. Games will download separately...you could buy the same game from America, Asia, Europe and it would show up as three games on your home screen. DLC therefore needs to be purchased and downloaded from the correct region there.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. markpeters69

markpeters69 New Member

Downloaded all the latest routes at 2am NZ time and playing them at 8:30am

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

It will arrive on Thursday the 22nd of October

16. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Get that 52 on the main line ;)

• Like Like x 3