No Product Keys After Buying Routes From The Dovetail Store

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by magicaces, Oct 21, 2020.

1. magicaces

magicaces New Member

Hello, pretty frustrating this, I've bought two routes in the monster sale but when I go to the download page no product keys appear. I have emailed support but I have had no reply and I made this order 3 days ago!
    Any ideas what the problem is? Has anyone else had this issue buying from the store?

2. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey magicaces this is a known issue we are working to resolve, I'm sorry to see you are also experiencing difficulty. The delay in response from support is likely because of the volume of tickets currently being submitted and worked through. Appreciate your patience with this but understand how it can be frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  3. magicaces

magicaces New Member

Cheers for the reply. Working in IT I know the chances of issues are always good :) but good to get a reply here and know its being looked at.

4. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

Hi Natster,

I'm about to order TSW2020 and TSW2 Deluxe from the Dovetail store. Is this an issue with all products? I don't want to purchase the game and then have to wait 3+ days, in which case it might be saver to wait for the steam sale next week instead.

5. aimes

aimes New Member

BinaryRun i just purchased RRO and WSR from the store and product codes were available within 1 minute

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. DTG Natster

BinaryRun I Can't decide for you if you should purchase this or not I'm afraid.
    It appears to be a store issue and not a problem with a specific piece of content.

7. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Good to know since so many on the forum have suggested the game is failing.
    I'll wait till near the end of the sale to add the missing dlc.

8. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yes, I have the same issue, purchased HRR on Saturday but no code, I sent an e-mail off but not heard anything yet, I was going to chase it up if I hadn't heard anything by Friday morning but coming across this thread it seems I'm obviously not the only one so will just have to wait until it all gets solved.

9. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

Will there be an official update once the issues have been resolved? If so, then I can wait for that.

10. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

DTG outsources their store to a company called Scalefast. None of this is a new issue but is being highlighted and compounded by the volume of orders due to the sale.

I would think DTG leadership should seriously be re-evaluating their relationship with Scalefast right now. DTG has enough problems with their reputation and customer satisfaction. They don't also need throngs of angry store customers too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I don't understand why there is a separate store for buying steam keys when DTG have control over sales promotions on steam itself?

12. neerbos

neerbos New Member

Exact same thing here! Bought a route last Sunday, order processed and paid, no key!

Sent two emails and submitted a ticket, sent a tweet to doevtail. Nothing for the past three days.

Very frustrating as the only way to get in touch is the store email address.

13. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

I suspect because Steam takes a percentage of the money, which is probably less then the company running the Dovetail store.

14. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

This has been happening for a while. Had it myself a few weeks ago. I raised a ticket - It took a while (11 days). Bit frustrating, but I did get my code.

15. mattdsoares

Steam skims 30% of the purchase price of everything off the top for themselves, leaving the publisher/dev the remaining 70%. I would imagine Scalefast take considerably less than that (they better given the chronic problems with their system).

16. davidh0501

30% seems to be the going rate.
    Wonder if the epic Apple fight will have any long term influence?
    We might all benefit.

17. peter.shaw

peter.shaw New Member

I ordered three items and got keys for the first and third items but not for the second item. I emailed support on Sunday. No response so far.
    I should have waited for a Steam sale but got suckered by the discounts on the DTG site. Never again!

18. seansue

seansue New Member

Yes in my case this is for an Autistic kid who is having a fit over the wait. So yeah I’m aggravated.

19. ozypatto

ozypatto New Member

Yeah, I ordered TWS2 Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco - San Jose Route Add-On on the monseter sale a few days ago (PC). on one of the instruction pages a step says "Please click on the Unlock the activation key to reveal the product key" NOWHERE do I see where this is. no link, no button.

Any help appriciated.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  20. DTG Natster

I can see how this is frustrating, we are in communication with Scalefast to get the root of the problem and this continues to be worked on.

If you are experiencing any difficulties please contact customer support. You might still encounter a bit of a wait for a response and we appreciate your patience as there are currently a lot of people submitting tickets that need working through.

21. DTG Natster

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. ozypatto

ozypatto New Member

Just submitted a ticket. Thanks.

23. mattdsoares

I might suggest that the root of the problem is the existence of a contract with Scalefast. :D I hope you're all getting a nice discount on your fees with them after this mess as it's nothing new.

24. magicaces

magicaces New Member

Cheers for this but I do have to say this is pretty poor service to buy a product and not be given it 4 days later and its not a good way to sell games. This is the first time I have bought from your store and obviously I will be hesitant to again. I appreciate there can be technical difficulties but seeing as this seems a long term issue I would definitely be giving your third party a big kick!

25. peter.shaw

peter.shaw New Member

I submitted a ticket last night (Australia time) and received a key 30 minutes later. Great response! Now sort out the web site!

26. ozypatto

ozypatto New Member

Yep, I reported my same issue and had a key in 20 minutes. Well done.

27. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

Awesome, now I can finally buy the game and be assured that I won't have to wait till next weekend for a key.

28. neerbos

neerbos New Member

Just to inform: I finally got a response (on the ticket) on Thursday morning with the key. The website is still not working though. But glad it is sorted.

29. sbowness

sbowness New Member

I've got the same problem with a TS2021 purchase. I've emailed 3 times and have just raised a ticket. It's pretty poor that there is no automated response acknowledging the issue and my emails. How many other people are going to be going through this same frustration?

30. davidh0501

Tried to buy two items, but couldn't get to the payment page.
    Website froze.
    Giving up and will buy from Steam.
    Can’t be bothered to try again.

31. mattdsoares

That store email is next to useless. You need to open a ticket, that is how this is handled. I believe there is even a sticky here in the forums with instructions. When you open a ticket you will get an automated email response. You didn't get an automated reply because the email address you were using wasn't the correct way to get in touch with the DTG people that could help you. I've had this issue multiple times with the store, even before this sale. I've always opened a ticket and had a response to that ticket within 48 hours, usually much faster.

32. sbowness

sbowness New Member

So, why does it say on the store that if you need help, then you must use that email address? This is what comes up when you click on the 'Customer Support' button.

"If you are contacting us regarding your account, an order issue, or a return, please contact us to this address: storesupport@dovetailgames.com."

There is no point having a sticky on a forum that many customers will be completely oblivious to. They should provide their customers with the correct information on the store website so that their paying customers get 'customer support' when they need it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  33. mattdsoares

Yes. You're right. But #dovetail. I'm just passing along the info.

• Like Like x 2
  34. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

I guess the issues aren't completely resolved yet. I bought two DLC earlier in two seperate purchases and it worked fine.

But I just now purchased 3 different DLC keys, two routes and one loco and the loco key bugged out. Going to file a ticket straight away and hopefully I won't have to wait 4 days for a reply like some others. :(

Update:
    I send in my ticket at 00:25 CET and got a response with the code this morning at 09:28. Pretty good! :D

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  35. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. I put in a ticket and got my keys about 5 days later.

Paul