More London Underground Lines.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Geth_2234, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the circle line or the Hammersmith and City lines with the s7 stock in train sim world with the bakerloo line already in the game i would love to see the oldest tube stock and the newest tube stock in the game together.

Anyone agree or have any other suggestions?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

No hacen rutas con ATO, pero me gustaría ver la línea central o la línea jubileo tal vez.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Geth_2234

2 very good additions also.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Definitely agree shouldn’t be that hard for DTG given S7/S8 stock already exists in versions of train simulator on pc

• Like Like x 1
  5. Renfe cercanias

[QUOTE = "Geth_2234, publicación: 191838, miembro: 21646"] También dos muy buenas adiciones. [/ QUOTE]
    Sí, tal vez en el futuro puedan agregar una nueva ruta del metro de londres
    We need a other london underground route , but I would like to see the ATO driving the train

6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

DTG ain’t make that route though. JustTrains did.

7. gerard.armstrong

gerard.armstrong New Member

Would deffo like to see more Underground routes added.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Northern, Metropolitan, Central, Victoria, Jubilee, Piccadilly or District Line.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Class395

Class395 Active Member

Jubilee Line would by my favourite with Victoria on second place. Both of these lines have the highest average speeds on the network, the 1996 stock has the best sounding traction motors I have ever heard and if in the far future announcements can be implemented than look no futher then the Victoria line to show that off.
    The Victoria Line also has a crazy frequency in rush hour where there is a train every 90s but I doubt that would work all to well lol.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

I believe the Central, Jubilee, Northern and Victoria lines all have what is basically automated trains at this point where the driver just pushes a button to open and close the door. They probably won't build those routes for this reason (or at least in their modern day state) That leaves Circle, District, Hammersmith and Piccadilly (oh and Waterloo and City I guess lol). They are more likely to do Piccadilly (Matt P mentioned it in the video with Geoff Marshall as their second choice after Bakerloo) or maybe the District line. Circle and most of Hammersmith have already been done in World of Subways 3 so that's probably what they are least likely to do.

11. Class395

Class395 Active Member

I'm pretty sure the subsurface lines (District, Metropolitan, Circle and Hammersmith & City) are all having ATO introduced by stages. That being said I don't see why ATO is a deal breaker, could work like a regular safety system on other routes which you isolate if you wish to.

Here is an article about subsurface network modernisation from TfL, so it doesn't get much more accurate lol

12. ZeenozPlays

Because people like to drive the routes exactly like real life.

DTG can avoid this by:

1. Not including ATO

2. Setting the routes in a time without ATO

3. Not doing ATO lines

4. Putting ATO in the route and having the community complain about it

I’ve also heard that if you disable ATO on a tube train, you are restricted to 15 MPH.

13. Class395

Class395 Active Member

You are not wrong, with ATO disabled trains cannot exceed 15mph.

My guess is, if they do it, they'll do it with ATO. The only lines without ATO atm or plans to introduce it in the next couple of years are the Picadilly and Bakerloo lines (and even then the New Tube for London is scheduled to debut in 2024).

The Victoria Line has had ATO since 1968 so it's hardly new technology. If people want to complain about there being ATO, be my guest. It would still be very interesting to drive a 1996 or a 2009 stock IMO, but that's just me.

I mean c'mon, look at these
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. ZeenozPlays

I’m fine with ATO being there. I like it on the ICE Train. I am just trying to explain why some may NOT want it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Renfe cercanias

Zeenoz plays and class 395 you have no idea about trains. a train without ATO is not limited to just 15 mph. London Underground trains have several driving modes and one of them is the tripcoke, which is manual driving. the driver must go at the speed imposed by the signals, but not limited to 15 mph ...

16. ZeenozPlays

Sometimes a train has to be moved without To enable the train to be moved when no code is present, an "on code/off code" switch is provided in the cab. To keep the trip valve energised, the train speed must not exceed 10 mi/h when this switch is in the "off code" position and a vigilance button provided on the driver's control desk must be held pressed down while the train is being driven. This system provides a speed limit when trains have to be worked in service with a failure of the safety equipment and serves in place of the deadman's handle. To assist the driver under these conditions a warning device sounds when the speed approaches 9 mi/h. (This is for the Victoria)

For subsurface lines, Restricted Manual mode (Driving the train without ATO) restricts the train to 20 MPH.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  17. Class395

Class395 Active Member

We have no idea about trains I guess huh

• Like Like x 1
  18. ZeenozPlays

I guess not...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Renfe cercanias

ok zeenoz plays then according to you what are the driving modes of the london underground?

20. Class395

Class395 Active Member

This is the Master Controller in the 1996 Stock:
    [​IMG]

I don't think you realise me and ZeenozPlays aren't saying that there is no full speed manual mode on these trains. Per operating procedure you are NOT ALLOWED to drive in Full Speed Manual mode on ATO equipped lines. The trains have this mode, however you are not allowed to use it (I'm not sure if the train has some sort of failsafe where it simply refuses to accelerate beyond 9mph if ATO is inactive as I'm not a tube driver). That was what we meant when we said that tube trains cannot exceed 15mph in manual service, but then again, we have no idea about trains...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. ZeenozPlays

...no idea at all... lol

22. Renfe cercanias

bueno. Lamento haberte dicho que no sabías nada de trenes, pero tienes que entender que pensé que me estabas diciendo que los trenes no tenían una forma manual de conducir. una vez más lo siento

• Like Like x 1
  23. ZeenozPlays

Esta bien. Algunas cosas se pueden perder en la traducción. Puede que no seamos conductores de metro, pero sabemos bastante sobre trenes y procedimientos operativos. Actualmente estoy esperando una explicación completa de la conducción manual a máxima velocidad y la publicaré aquí si responden.

English: It is okay. Some things can be lost in translation. We may not be tube drivers, but we do know a fair bit about trains and operating procedures. I am currently waiting on a full explanation of Full Speed Manual Driving and I will post that explanation here when (if) they respond.

24. ZeenozPlays

According to a London Underground driver, Full Speed Manual doesn’t exist anymore and can’t be selected.

Subsurface lines run in ‘Tripcock Mode’ since those routes are partially controlled by ATO.

25. no123

no123 Member

Waterloo & CIty.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Geth_2234

I agree here 1996 stock definitely has the best sounding traction motors on the underground I would definitely purchase the route but I do remember matt from DTG saying to Geoff Marshall jubilee line was there second option so they may already have the research to hand.

27. Renfe cercanias

Jubilee line the second option ?!! Guaaaaaaaaaau men

28. Geth_2234

Geoff Marshalls video speaking to matt from DTG

29. ZeenozPlays

The second option is the Piccadilly.

• Like Like x 1