PlayStation Ps5 And Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by flickyhecky, Oct 20, 2020.

1. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Has anyone ordered a PS5 yet? I've been lucky enough to have one on pre order. As far as I can tell all the games on your PS Plus and Now account can be carried over to the PS5.

I think Sam said that the team haven't got their mitts on one yet, so I'm putting myself forward as a tester to see if it safely ports over, it should do as (I think) it's backward compatible with the PS4.

I'll find out in 4-5 weeks time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

All but 10 of the nearly 3000 PS4 games in existence have been confirmed to work on PS5, neither Train Sim World 1 or 2 are part of those 10.

In other words, they're confirmed playable on PS5

• Like Like x 2
  3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

You will be able to play it on the PS5.

The real question is, how will the route/Loco Addons work? Can you still buy them and play them on the PS5 via Backwards Compatibility?

• Like Like x 2
  4. james64

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if DTG somehow screw it up given how they've had trouble releasing preserved collection routes on the PS4...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Did hear them say on a livestream that DTG do have the next gen dev kits. No word though on what comes from it

As long as my preorder isn't messed up I will be trying TSW2 installed on the SSD at launch to see if there any benefits other than load times. However I have no real expectations for anything else until a ps5 patch is deployed

• Like Like x 2
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to you guys reporting back on this once you have the PS5 and TSW2 installed. I was going to get one right away but the white just doesn’t suit my setup at all so I’m hanging on for the black version to be announced

• Like Like x 1
  7. flickyhecky

It should be straightforward, the games should port along with the account, I'll be interested in the loading times, should be instantaneous.

8. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The Side Panels can be removed (you can spray paint them) or you can get new ones (when people start creating them) so you won’t have to look at the white.

9. james64

You're so lucky to have actually got your hands on one... Pre orders were snapped up so quickly and now I'm beginning to doubt whether I'll even get one in time for Christmas.

I've been saving up to buy one but I won't be too bothered if I can't get my hands on one yet. All the big games coming out before the end of the year will also be available on PS4 anyway, and I doubt the next gen improvements will be enough to make me want to try harder to get a pre order.

10. james64

That seems like an incredibly trivial reason to not get a new console to me but to each their own I guess. I've never personally been bothered by that kind of stuff, my eyes are on the TV when using the device.

11. flickyhecky

I've bought every PlayStation console since it started in 1995, I was lucky as someone backed out of a pre order on Base.com last week and they offered it to me, so I snapped it up. You could probably get one on ebay for £500 if you are lucky, the pre orders were going for £11,000 back in September!

12. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure all the dlc will be available through the PSN store on PS5 as it is now. As they have stated to test any PS4 games on PS5 before purchasing any DLC. They also stated although only 10 games aren’t playable on PS5. They can’t guarantee that every PS4 game will run smoothly.

13. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha as you say, each to their own. Would you buy a pink car when really you wanted blue just because you don’t see it when you’re driving?

Honestly this forum can be amazing

• Like Like x 1