Will You Buy Haupstrecke Munchen-augsburg?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeremydunn8, Oct 22, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

48.6%
  2. No

16.2%
  3. Not in its current state on Xbox

35.1%
  1. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

So this route is coming out soon (in the US, other countries are already playing it). So we’ve been told that, for Xbox only, you won’t be able to use any content from your previous German routes. This, for me, is a dealbreaker. I won’t consider buying this route unless this is fixed, since, from what I’ve heard, it’s not an issue on the PS4. And I don’t mean just having a layer toggle feature, I mean finding a way to include all of the services, at least to the standard of what’s implemented on the PS4.

So is anyone here thinking of buying it, or is everyone gonna hold off? I put a poll so the DTG devs can get a better idea of this issue.

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I mean it’s not exactly DTG’s fault that the Xbox has apparent performance issues, and I do say apparent because we don’t know what the issue is apart from what they’ve told us, so it could well be something DTG sided.

I also think that DTG didn’t intend on the layers being active on the PS4, given the way they are activated.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I'm 100% with you. It would be the only route in TSW which I would buy because of the route (instead because of adding variety and give it a try) but in that state it is more like a tech demo instead of an actual DLC for me.

As I do believe that it is possible to enhance the game stability further on - a developer who has more experience in consoles could possibly realize that - I respect the honest approach of DTG.

At that point when the additional trains get added it will be an instant buy for me. Even if this will only be for the upcoming console generation.

4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Seems a strange comment given that DTG decided to do this route knowing it is traffic heavy... I'm not sure you can blame anyone else, as it's certainly not Xboxs fault that DTG are trying to do things the console is not capable of.

• Like Like x 2
  5. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Yes. You've got to wonder sometimes the logic. We've had IOW which although pretty and fun but for me doesn't tick the box on long-term playability?

Now a new DLC which is a traffic heavy route which won't function fully. If there's a problem with this route will Xbox get the 400+ services PROMISED for the Bakerloo Line? Or is HMA impended not purely by volume but by the volume and variety of train types?

6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

By far looks almost like a new gen route (32+ tracks on München, very complex lines, incredible landscape details, incredible also if compared with Köln-Aachen), simple amazing!
    Also without addictional layers we got more train traffic than the Köln-Aachen route.

But that is the price we have to pay! On Xbox One X this route run at a decent fps with just a bit of stuttering in some situations on München hbf area because there are 32+ tracks and tons on pretty complex buildings alongside the route.
    For sure it is without doubt playable and also enjoyable but I feel that if they add just one more train along the München area the game goes crash.
    So, for this time I dont feel jelous about our friends on PS4 side because I prefer a more stable fps rate instead an almost unplayable ruote with more trains. Addictional layers can wait.

Fortunately, for both sides (Microsoft and Sony), in less than a month new consoles era lets start and finally we will can solve all our problem with TSW2. (note: don't buy Xbox S series, please! :D )

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  7. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Its to do with memory allocation of what can be running at one time I think.

Problem is which they won't say. Xbox , PS4(This game only) are outdated. The new xbox and PS5 are better in memory in storage in power. There at a stage where there developing content that now succeeds what is possible hense the layer issue. So for console players there not going to get the intended experience that they planned to do. This all continue

• Like Like x 1
  8. Markerson

Markerson Member

So how is this route running on the Xbox One? I have the Xbox One X so any impressions from people who have it would be useful.

Also does this new ICE variant still have that annoying flickering textures on the windscreen in driver view? That could be a deal breaker for me.

9. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

I'll follow if that's ok, I would like to know the same thing :)

10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’m running on the One S with an SSD, firstly the ICE does indeed still have that god awful texture (if the devs actually tested the game on console they would of seen how awful this looked on the first ICE and removed it, never mind putting it onto another ICE)

Performance isn’t great to be frank, there’s a horrible micro stutter asif the game pauses while it loads the next section of track, this is much worse near Munich but it does persist all the way through, additionally the pop in is terrible, it’s like playing in one of those children’s pop up books.

As I said I’ve got the game running on the One S with an SSD, so I can only imagine how bad it must run on a standard Xbox or on a HDD.

11. Markerson

Markerson Member

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I’m skipping this route then as the ICE lighting/texture/flickering on the windscreen just gives me headaches.

Maybe I’ll jump in for the 423 when it’s on sale at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  12. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

I bought it....it feels like a German version of the GWR line from London to Reading. One straight line from a huge terminus with high speed line on one side and commuter line on the other. It'd be more fun if we could use all the tracks.

I have the original xbox one, the graphics lag a lot, things just pop up out of nowhere.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1