Please Fix Existing Routes...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by muham.a.423, Oct 20, 2020.

?
  1. Yes, agree with all the points!

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes, agree with some of the points.

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. No, don't agree.

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

Hey Guys! I really wanted to discuss my opinion on what DTG is doing currently...
    1. They are prioritizing adding the preserved collection from TSW to TSW2.
    2. They are making lots of new routes and DLC's.
    3. They make a roadmap every 2 weeks.
    First of all, hats off to DTG for really prioritizing the preserved collection. They are doing quite a good job of keeping up with the roadmap they post every fortnight. (I really wanna see GWR fast tho... hehe)

Second, they are making a lot of new routes and DLC's. This is the part that bugs me a little bit(get the pun?). They are making lots of new routes while they should be prioritizing making existing routes perfect and/or extending them if customers want that. This way they will not lose existing audience and once they are done, they can make new routes.

Thirdly, they make an update their roadmap every two weeks. This a great method to communicate with the community and really helps us to understand how they are improving so we can appreciate them. However, it has a lot of writing so I would recommend:
    • Please make a legend to help us understand which of the lines of writing contain route names, bug fixes, and new teasers. I know they have a kind of legend already but maybe some things could be added to make it a little easier. Maybe using bold/italics/colours.
    • Another thing, they could maybe separate bugs fixes and routes(instead of just listing them and on the side mentioning what type it is) because it will help us see what has been fixed instead of looking though idk how many lines of text to find if our issue is listened to.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I as a customer want to see new routes, and I know I'm not the only one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. muham.a.423

Cool! I understand why many people prefer new routes to improving existing routes. I don't often buy new routes which is why I want to just see the routes I have in a better state. :D

• Like Like x 6
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Personally I would like if DTG to sepreate bug fixes into a diffrent roadmap exclusively for bugs released weekly and also make sure old and current content is working properly before releasing new things along with ending their "release it now, fix it later policy" that they seem to have. DTG have a habit of releasing a product that has a ton of problems and they don't get addressed for months or even at all and even new routes seem to have problems like SKA crashing when you have MSB added. They need to make sure something works before releasing it instead of releasing something just for a profit

• Like Like x 2
  5. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

You aren’t the only one, but you are a part of a small group that wants them to focus on new routes when they should be focusing on current routes and ironing out all the existing bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JGRudnick

I do want them to fix bugs in existing routes. I think they should strike a balance between ironing out bugs, and producing new content.

• Like Like x 1
  7. muham.a.423

Very true. They need to create a balance. They need to keep the existing audience engaged and on the edge of their seats, while also attracting more people with new and requested routes.

• Like Like x 4
  8. migueld

migueld Active Member

I agree.. and another thing that really annoys me is how bad the lighting in this game is.. especially on LIRR at night, you literally can’t see anything .. i don’t think who ever developed the lighting for the game realises that citities light up a lot at night especially new york and if there is something you won’t find in new york is pitch blackness at night there should be a yellowish glow at night from street lights lighting up air particles and during the day the sky should glow A LOT and looking at the sun should blind players because thats just how it is in real life, they really should step away from making new routes constantly and focus a little more on fixing other details first.

• Like Like x 5
  9. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

So you ask them to not generate revenue from new content and to live off the sales of existing content, while putting in the same amount of work.
    I get that you have good intentions but personally I don't see this working. Let them create new content to keep the existing customers entertained while working on the old stuff parallely.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. tallboy7648

The lighting on the LIRR is absolutely terrible at night and in Alantic Terminal Brooklyn. Who ever is in charge of the lighting for that route really needs to fix that because it's so bad and at night, it's not supposed to be pitch black. Streetlights are supposed to light up the area. I hope they fix it

• Like Like x 2
  11. mclitke

How could you possibly know how large the group of people is that want focus on new routes. Ridiculous. Only because it is not what you want doesn't make it a minority.
    Regardless of that DTG as a company needs to make revenue and you make most revenue from new releases. Their employees need to be paid as well.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. ZeenozPlays

I know the group is large because that’s all people ever talk about here on the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mclitke

So it is a number based on guesses and completely out of the blue. Point proven.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Then you sir must be so rich you don’t care that u pay for routes which are bugged. Not everyone lives in a life of luxury.

• Like Like x 4
  15. eire007

eire007 Active Member

You are promoting laziness, “yeah just release it half finished, sort it out later”

• Like Like x 3
  16. migueld

migueld Active Member

I have refrained from buying many DLC’s because I don’t wanna waste my money on routes that have little work put into them, believe it or not putting buildings around and a railway is the easy part, the hard part is creating the lighting effects and stations because they need a lot of small details, and if they don’t do it up to the expectations they make us have from the pre release hype and photoshopped screenshots I personally don’t wanna buy it. So that is one less customer for them and probably a lot more, so yes they should focus on fixing other things first because many people probably haven’t bought certain DLC’s based on the fact that they are badly developed. Once a company starts to care only about profit instead of satisfying their customers is when everything goes to sh**.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. muham.a.423

Guys! Guys! Please don't argue... I know we all have differing opinions but DTG will not bother listening to us if we can't come up with one strong idea. I will now put some ideas that people have recommended so we can see which are the most popular and combine them.
    DTG should:
    1. Focus mainly on getting the preserved collection over and making lots of new routes
    2. Focus mainly on getting preserved collection over, fixing existing bugs, and making some new routes(Doing all is A LOT of work for them)
    3. Focus mainly on getting preserved collection over and fixing existing routes and very few new routes
    4. Extending existing routes while also creating new routes(maybe at a slower pace so preserved collection is the focus)
    Please reply like the following, below this post:
    I agree with number ... because ... Thanks!
    This way we can learn to put our ideas together and make them a big, awesome idea. If we just keep putting down others' ideas, DTG will never get any good feedback from us. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

• Like Like x 1
  18. migueld

migueld Active Member

I mean if they don’t listen because people are arguing thats just petty, I get your point that we have to be mature but its just really frustrating. We’re talking a lot of money here that people spend on DLC’s . $33 American dollars is pretty much the price of GTA 5 on steam and that game is much more complex and TSW could never get close to that realism and we’re paying that much money just for a DLC made lazy and badly developed so I get why people are getting pissed off and they really should..

• Like Like x 2
  19. muham.a.423

I understand... I hardly ever buy any new routes because I mainly just like UK passenger routes, so if I got those, I'm good. However, how can DTG actually listen to all of us while also keeping everyone else happy? There is only one way which is to make a combined or inclusive idea and then hope that DTG sees it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. muham.a.423

I am just putting this out there DTG, to fix bugs and issues before the release, make a beta testing thing where people will have access to 2 - 3 stations of that route and they can drive around, and give feedback. This could really get rid of the early bad reviews because of some over looked mistakes/sounds. You could end the beta once it is perfect so all people will need to buy the route and not get it for free, however, you could have some cool rewards(mini routes). If you agree, could someone tag the DTG staff... I have no idea how to but I saw it on other posts. Thanks all!

• Like Like x 2
  21. mclitke

You are of course correct with the price, but you also have to keep in mind that GTA has a long history and caters to a very broad player base, and as far as I know, you can even buy ingame money there, Train Sim world has none of that really. So I find it a bit unfair to compare these, as you can't expect the same sales return from train simulation dlc as from a Rockstar game.

• Like Like x 1
  22. mclitke

Oh well another straw man argument. I never promoted lazyness nor the way things are released right now. I want bug free releases as much as anyone else. The question was whether DTG should stop releasing new content and work only on existing content until it is perfect and my argument is that this won't work financially.

You think about how it would be perfect to you as a consumer, not about how running a company works. You can't just stop releasing new products especially in this niche of a gameplay corner, that is insane revenue cuts. You need to feed your existing playerbase with new content, as over time their interest in already available routes shrinks - they either don't care for the route or already have it. Yes there will be some that won't buy them because of known issues as well.
    But new content caters to the existing playerbase and new customers, who might buy the base game because a new release gets them interested.
    Just from selling your already released content I am willing to argue that you can't pay all your staff and other fixed costs.

23. eire007

eire007 Active Member

I would love to read your comment. I got bored after the first line, I am glad you are not running my company if defective products is what you would be proud of releasing.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Ah the usual "do what I want because it's what I want" argument...
    Done to death

My opinion? We wait until the preserved collection is all out ( presCol 4 out today, presCol 5 date TBC, and that's all of them) and THEN see what Adam and his cohort can do with the bug issue.
    I can see why DTG wanted to get all of the routes out there and playable on TSW2 without spending months fixing bugs (which may well mess up other things along the way) and I can see why people get frustrated that things don't work as they want them to, but it IS a balance between keeping money coming in (and supporting 100 devs is no small matter financially) and keeping the people who've already paid happy (so they might buy more)

Personally I feel that the software if 75-80% there and is getting better and richer all the time (mainly the DE stuff tbf) and we can only wait and see where they go from here

• Like Like x 1
  25. mclitke

Again straw man argument, still did not promote any kind of releasing defective products. Just because you say I do doesn't make it true, get real.
    But thank you for your great input. I will deter from personal attacks and regard your argument as invalid since you seem to lack experience and knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  26. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Bye bye. But I have a life and my time is more valuable than talking to you anymore and giving you the time to reply to silly arguments that it’s ok to release buggy games in ur eyes. Ciao.

• Like Like x 3
  27. mclitke

OK thanks again for your constructive feedback, it is always nice to see the other side of argumentation and that was really helpful.

28. migueld

migueld Active Member

I know that GTA 5 market is much larger, the point of the comparison was to show that DTG is releasing DLC’s at the same price of the game with the best graphics probably ever made and doesn’t put in enough effort into making it the best they could and promised. So if its unfair to compare TSW to GTA 5 I also think its unfair to be paying that much money for DLC’s made by lazy people who only care about the after release profits even if it means that the DLC is half finished, they know that once a person has already bought the DLC they can’t go back so “who cares right”...

29. ARuscoe

Unfortunately your comparrison isn't valid. TSW isn't all about graphics. You don't design and implement a physics engine in game to try to emulate a multi-ton real life machine so that it looks good.

GTA 5 is good for what it does, but the game types are very much different so I would EXPECT rockstar to get the graphics right. There's little else going on so what else has it got?

30. migueld

migueld Active Member

What are you talking about Lol, its a simulation game of course its about graphics. Its all about graphics and dynamics thats what makes a good SIMULATOR.

31. ARuscoe

Ah right, so back in the day Flight sim wasn't a simulator because the graphics weren't realistic. The fact you could get your basic pilots license using it is neither here nor there...

• Like Like x 2
  32. migueld

migueld Active Member

Yes but this isn’t ‘back in the day’ anymore Now simulator developers have much better tech to create highly realist simulators and DTG has it as you can see if you ever played TSW but they’re not putting in the effort that’s why this thread was made in the first place buddy.

33. ARuscoe

You're entitled to your opinion of course. I don't know how much development you've done or know how interactive systems work but yep, totally entitled to your opinion

34. migueld

migueld Active Member

Lol look if you want to keep paying and wasting your money on half developed DLC’s go ahead lmao. Just doesn’t make you very bright.

• Like Like x 1
  35. ARuscoe

And if you want to make sure there are no further DLCs, ever... I think you get the idea

• Like Like x 1
  36. tallboy7648

This is just so funny lol. I personally think that dtg needs to and can balance what they do. Releasing routes that don't work properly like the Munich-Ausberg route for $30 which is the cost of some triple A games will oboivousely upset customers. I would like route extensions to make current routes that don't go the full way actually complete sometime in the future and for Dovetail to end their "Release It Now, Fix it Later" policy because there is no excuse why dtg needs to release poor quality routes. I hope they get the memo

• Like Like x 1
  37. ZeenozPlays

I don’t think $30 is too much money for a Route, I just think more needs to be included in the routes.

For Example, the Muchen - Augsburg Route could’ve had the BR 440 in it as well, along with more Scenarios & Journeys.

38. tallboy7648

The BR 440 would be cool to drive. Although it would probably make my game crash lol

• Like Like x 1
  39. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Most titles that are released below 60 aren't AAA titles, the vast majority of titles below that mark are either smaller, or older titles. Also keep in mind that the reason why something like GTA5's able to sell at 60 is that it sells in huge numbers, that needed to sell several million copies at that price to break even. Train Sim addons however never sell at the big of volume, so they need to sell at a higher price to compensate. So personally I don't think comparing them to big games like say GTA is fair, the best comparison's probably to flight simulators like DCS or FSX.

40. ARuscoe

Nothing to say it won't as a DLC pack, but I wouldn't say that over 400 available trips isn't enough already, considering in TSx for a £25 route you might get 10 scenarios...

41. migueld

migueld Active Member

Not ever buddy. I really think u just came on this thread and didn’t even read what was said before you came. I suggest you actually read what people are talking about before jumping to conclusions lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  42. muham.a.423

This is a suggestion forum... Everyone is free to say everything they want. Please do not argue. :(

43. mclitke

Well to be fair you went off topic as well, you argued about dlc released not fully functional, while this topic here is about the question if DTG should stop releasing new dlc in favor of fixing the existing ones... Which I still think from business perspective is just not feasible :|

44. ZeenozPlays

They wouldn't have to go back if they just released the routes without issues.

45. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Evidence?

46. muham.a.423

I created this route to just state some of my opinions. I did not mean for it to become an arguing centre. Also, I understand that it is not plausible for them to stop creating new routes, I just wanted to say that extending and fixing current routes could really keep people engaged. Also, DTG has made like 2 routes in a month(one by another company but still) which I think is a bit excessive. Maybe checking these out and fixing most of the bugs before release is a better idea. :)

• Like Like x 1
  47. JGRudnick

Nope, as a matter of fact, the only income I have is what I get for Christmas. I just like a variety of routes to be able to drive, rather than the same routes over and over. I understand that some people don't share this view, which is why i think it is important for DTG to try and strike a balance between fixing old routes, and developing new routes.

• Like Like x 1
  48. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I hasn't made two routes in a month! One they haven't even made and how long do you think routes take to make?

49. tallboy7648

They don't really check if the route is riddled with problems before it's announced and released as part of their "release it now, fix it later" policy. It would be cool if they ended that stupid policy

• Like Like x 1
  50. ZeenozPlays

It looks like they are. The quality of routes is definitely going up (very slowly). We’ve seen that with the new route (HMA). Consoles will always have issues (current gen) because of the hardware. There isn’t much you can do about it, remember that they are still learning about how to compress things on console to avoid issues.

On this new route, I haven’t seen anyone complain about anything other than the Stuttering and how the PZB works. That means that they’ve definitely upped the quality.

Now, just because they’ve upped the quality right now, doesn’t mean that it will stay that way. Us as a community need to come together and agree on things. When we see a bug, report it. If they aren’t adding it to the roadmap or acknowledging it, then we can create a (non-hate) thread talking about how it’s not good for them to ignore it. It’s not good to see the community basically split halfway (Who’s siding with DTG, and who’s not).

Before the last two routes, I was really upset at DTG for the amount of Bugs, Glitches, and things just not being there with the Bakerloo. I’m still kinda upset about that, but, the quality is definitely going up. Hopefully, the Dev teams will get more time to work on things.

• Like Like x 1