PlayStation Munchen-augsburg Pretty Much Unplayable On Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thunderer, Oct 22, 2020.

1. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Would it have been better to hold back the route until they fixed the issues with the layers or release it just now to allow us to play what's available?

Personally, I've only run the route twice so far but I'm enjoying it, inspite of the stuttery frame rate, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Clearly DTG need people to play it to find the issues, because they can't seem to find these things themselves despite the testing they say they do. The sad part is that they're disappointing paying customers when things break. Maybe they need to open up, or extend, their beta testing and give more people early access to routes, to try it out and provide feedback. Perhaps that way they can avoid botched releases, and upsetting paying customers who quite correctly expect things to be right when they hand over their hard earned money for something.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

Delaying a delivery and having a larger beta team takes time away from release, and subsequently the cash flow from a release. Argue as you will about the better product = more sales logic. If the product is functional even if it has poor frame rates, it can be released and bring in money with those issues to be fixed later if ever. A larger beta team also isn’t gonna fix the problems if DTG was already aware and refused to fix it to begin with. If anything, selling a product with a necessary workaround only makes things worse.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. mshor31293

mshor31293 Active Member

In my opinion yes, it's great that they have brought out two routes so close together ( fair enough rivet did the IOW) but I just don't get how they can look at it and say it's worth 25 odd quid when it's this unpolished. They said TSW2 was about bringing the series forward but if your releasing stuff that feels and performs the same as what we have gotten for years now what's the point?

• Like Like x 2
  5. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

All we can do is trust that the team will get these issues resolved (and I accept they don't have an exemplary reputation in this area) or take our monies elsewhere.

Personally, I like driving all the different routes and I look forward to driving even more routes. With the preserved collection almost complete (what do we have, 2 or 3 routes left), hopefully getting issues resolved will happen a bit quicker.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Can we have the next stream on PS4?..........I'll get my coat...

• Like Like x 5
  7. mshor31293

mshor31293 Active Member

Hopefully so, at the end of the day I want them to succeed just hope they take some of the feedback that comes through here seriously.

• Like Like x 2
  8. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Well success means a better, more enjoyable product for all of us so, yeah, I echo your sentiments.

9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think that’s a reasonable request given there’ll be a live stream tonight, which will no doubt be on PC. They should show the PS4/Xbox version.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really want to buy it.
    The urge to do so is STRONG!

• Like Like x 2
  11. box215

box215 Active Member

they said they're working on a fix
    So I feel confident they'll address it in due time

What's the alternative? Pushing back the release date? Maybe that would be better, but then you'd still have a bunch of people on here moaning. So DTG is sorta between a rock and a hard place

And, with the next generation of consoles around the corner, people moving to the new systems might not have this issue since there will be more resources available for the game to use

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

13. Bob12212

How do you mean broken? As in the AI doesn't display the destinations?

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They've already said they're not developing for whatever comes next, and are looking to put workarounds in place for the machines being used now

15. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

The double decker trains show the destination as 'Not in Service' (but obviously in German), though the PIS shows where its going.

I'm quite enjoying looking for quirks, another one is the amazing cut'n'shunt trains when you go past the area of play...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

When you play Timetable schedules on RRO and SKA they don’t have the Destination boards for Wuppertal-Hagen because it’s the HRR Version.
    I chooses on a 4 Wagen BR 422 S9 Wuppertal Hbf because it’s available on both DLCs but they had also RB Wiesbaden Hbf at the Same Train together what l Never chooses or was part from my choice.
    So the entire system is broken where the RRO Train should be used like RRO himself and Köln-Aachen DTG Natster

17. ARuscoe

Unfortunately I think the people who did the displays need to have another look at how they work because doing them this way will only ever make them more work in future.

18. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

I have often defended DTG with some of the complaints I have read on the forums especially if I think they are unjustified or just moans, however, we need some action quickly this time as it stands this new route is unplayable on PS4.

I like others have put up with frame freezing on the Bakerloo Line but as annoying as it is it hasn’t stopped me playing. This route, however, is simply unplayable as the frame freezing is almost constant and the closer you get to Munich the worse it appears to get. If this has anything to do with the amount of detail in the screen then it want’s changing. I wouldn’t have a clue what the issue is but I can live with less detail if that’s what has to be done because I can’t play it as it is.

I can’t believe this was tested on a PS4 and if it was it’s nothing short of a disgrace if DTG think this is acceptable.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  19. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

You would do well to wait. The frame freezing is constant and makes it unplayable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I know how I set the destination boards on German Trains right, but DTG screw us once again with broken preserved Collections what makes me really mad

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think we just need to accept the preserved collection routes will all be broken to some degree until they’re all released and the focus can be on fixing the reported issues.

It’s not great, but it’ll have to do - for now.

22. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But it’s also on Köln-Aachen a TSW 2 route because it’s used the RRO 422 in Timetable schedule, so Both routes have now this brokenness

23. Bob12212

I'm not sure I follow with the destination thing. I don't have HRR, only RRO. The
    The layer services Don't have the correct destinations, as the trains are from other routes. They will just say *not in service*

24. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Not the layers.
    RRO is the Base Game for the 422 RRO and this completely broken as i said and it’s import also to SKA
    Wagen 1 has S9 Wuppertal Hbf and Wagen 2-4 on the 422 says RB Wiesbaden Hbf
    You Can choose what you want, they not working correct anymore because on FIS they Show only HRR Destinations

25. ARuscoe

This depends on your opinion of "working". They're doing exactly what they've been programmed to so are working in that sense. The problem is that the programmers have been too limited in what they've programmed so adding in new destinations isn't as easy as it could be

26. Bob12212

I've tried the 422 and have all destinations from the RRO route.

27. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

No I don’t drive on Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr, I was Rhein Ruhr Osten and this 422 version has nothing to do with the HRR 422 Train. There was never a problem on TSW 2020
    The RRO board’s works only on the Scenarios as before
    Look my Twitter video with the bug
    https://twitter.com/batmanwwe_/status/1319293310146543617?s=21

• Like Like x 1
  28. Bob12212

Ah I see, you mean with the two trains joined together, they each show a different destination?

29. Quickey

Quickey New Member

Trophy don't sync either.
    I completed all training missions, trophy popped but it won't show up as earned in my trophy list

30. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I drive a 4 Wagen 422 only and not the Doppeltraktion with 8 Wagen.
    But it doesn’t matter because 4 and 8 Wagen has the same problem on RRO and HRR.

31. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

ildario77 stopped purchasing superbugged products from DTG. ildario77's gastritis is getting better. Be like ildario77.

• Like Like x 1
  32. ARuscoe

ildario77 might want to seek stress therapy after getting physically ill because of a game. DON'T be like ildario77

• Like Like x 1
  33. ARuscoe

Actually semi-joking on that one. If you get physically ill then you should probably get checked out. gastritis hurts

34. ildario77

It's ok, mate. I was joking , of course ;)

• Like Like x 1
  35. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I'm really not that bothered about the destination displays. I understand that for some, it's a really important thing, but half the time I don't set them anyway. It's just cosmetics, and doesn't stop me playing and enjoying the game. Sure, it'd be nice to have them working properly, and I hope they sort it out, but it's hardly a deal breaker for me. Game breaking bugs, and terrible performance... that I do care about.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Smograil

Smograil Member

Another shambles. Really disappointing

37. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

"broken"

38. Bob12212

No doubt they'll do the stream tonight and gloss over it like they always do. Or play the issues down. I hope all the problems in new releases going forward won't just fall under the remit of Adam's team, as it's content technically now already released

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  39. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

That's a really good request TinTin and I wish they would, but they won't because the console version of the game is obviously inferior.

They want to show off their shiny new route in the best light possible which means streaming on console is out. As I've said before on this forum us console players often have to pay a higher price (once PC preorder discount is taken into account) for a worse product with less crisp textures, dodgy framerates and weird bugs. DTG say they want parity between the platforms but the differences are glaringly obvious. 10 FPS, which is what I was getting coming out of Munich hbf earlier, wouldn't be acceptable on PC so why is it on consoles? The constant stutters on the Bakerloo line on consoles has been conveniently forgotten about so there is no guarantee any of the stuff wrong with HMA will be improved on in patches. I get that current gen consoles are 7 years old but if DTG can't make a comparable version of the game work on them properly then either they should charge less or spend more time on them to get them right. I doubt they'll even acknowledge the console issues in tonights stream.

• Like Like x 4
  40. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Same, but it pissed me off to see so many people saying that the route hasn’t been tested. It makes me feel like it be wasted money to buy it currently, I don’t wanna give them the money if they can’t create a route without issues on day one.

• Like Like x 3
  41. Bob12212

They will gloss over the issues like they always do. Or make them sound less minor.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

In the interest of balance, Its plainly obvious that a run like this will stretch our current consoles. From my experience of running it with and without layers. It runs pretty well. The weathering the traffic, Its possibly DTGs best German route now.

43. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I‘m a German and it’s my home, so I get mad and lost my interested When they destroyed working Destination boards and Sounds from TSW 2020

• Like Like x 1
  44. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I have this issue on my Xbox as well. I have a Xbox One S and sometimes I get as low as 5 fps so I have to use it on my pc because itś practically unplayable on my Xbox and this is without the layers put in place. This route was clearly rushed and itś dtgś classic example of it's " Release it now, Fix it Later" policy. I knew that this route would have some problems but not this massive and I also think it was released too early for consoles in particular. Itś like how did this route get signed off for release on console? Dovetail needs to seriously stop rushing things out just so they can get a profit. Itś common sense guys, don release something that isn´t going to work properly. I would rather wait for a route that works PROPERLY instead of something that isn't gonna work. Maybe itś my fault that I was thinking and hoping they got the problems fixed but I was wrong. If you play on console, I don't recommend this route. Wait until it can be fixed which could be a long time knowing dtg or wait for the London to Faversham high speed route as I think that has some promise although I wouldn't be suprised if that too had massive problems. I rather wait for a route that works instead of a rushed product and if they keep doing this they are gonna lose sales. They really need to change theyŕe mindset.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  45. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. Very tempted myself as well

• Like Like x 1
  46. septafan

septafan Active Member

Every route thats drops we hear the same rants over and over again!! I need more popcorn for these rants. The game is by far from perfect or being perfect but if once again if you know the all the bugs or expect to not be happy! Just play other train sim games :) it may lower your blood pressure.

• Like Like x 1
  47. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Name another Train Sim game like TSW on Consoles... I’ll wait...

• Like Like x 1
  48. Bob12212

Maybe that's the problem. As there are no others, they know people will be more likely to stick with it.

• Like Like x 1
  49. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I'm also a little disappointed with this release. I picked it up at release, but the frame rate issues and freezing really affect the immersion.

I can live with the occasional drop or stutter, such as with the above ground section of the Bakerloo line, but this is at a point where it's not fun to play.

I'm hopeful that DTG will address the frame rate issues on console in a future update.

• Like Like x 3
  50. ildario77

3:40, look at that building on the right. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Come on...

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1