Uk Route Suggestions

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Kyle_Lennard1, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

Here are a few route suggestions for UK Based routes for Train simulator 2021

Great Eastern Mainline in BR Blue

I know a similar proposal for this has been done a while ago but I thought I would give a bit more detail why this route should be made for Train Simulator 2021.
    The Era of the route would be set Roughly in the mid 1980s either before or after the section between Colchester and Ipswich was electrified.
    The Route starts at London Liverpool Street and will end at Norwich but will also include the Clacton, Harwich, Shenfield and Felixstowe Branches to make the route more of a network.
    The rolling stock that would be included will be the Class 47 BR blue with Grey roof, BR Blue/Grey Mk2D-F Coaches, Mk1 Restaurant coaches, Mk1 BG, FFA/FGA Container wagons, VDA Vans, Class 306, Class 307, Class 308 and Class 309 Electric Multiple units.

Manchester Victoria to Bury Interchange
    This route would be a unique edition as it was the only UK Route with 1200V DC third rail electrification.
    The Era of the route will be set in the 1980s before the line became part of the Manchester Metrolink.
    The rolling stock that would be included will be the Class 504 in BR Blue/Grey and GMPTE Orange/Black.

Southeastern Mainline London Charing Cross to Ashford International
    This route would be an easy one for DTG as it is in their neck of the woods and would fill a major gap in the UK Route department
    The Era of the route will obviously be set in the modern day.
    The route will start at London Charing Cross and will End At Ashford International going through. Lewisham, Sevenoaks and Tonbridge along with the line via Maidstone East.
    The rolling stock will most likely be the same stock included in the Chatham mainline.

Leeds Metro WYPTE
    This route would be more of a network covering a large area rather than a linear route with a large scope for scenario creators
    The Era of the route will be set in the present day.
    The route will cover Leeds to Skipton, Ilkely, Bradford Forster Square, Doncaster, Selby and York.
    The rolling stock that would be included would be the Class 144, Class 195, Class 308, Class 333 and Class 331.

ECML York to Newcastle
    This route was originally done for Rail simulator back in 2006 but it really shows its age and a remake of the route to modern standards would not be a bad shout.
    The era of the route will be set in the late 1970s like the original route was or Set in the Modern day
    The route will cover the ECML Between York and Newcastle along with the line to Saltburn Via Middlesbrough along with the line From Northallerton to Eaglescliffe via Yarm.
    The Rolling Stock for the 1970s version will include the Class 55, BR Blue/grey Mk2D-E Coaches, Mk1 Coaches, Class 47, HAA Hoppers and the HST
    The rolling stock for the Modern Version would include the Class 800/801 Azuma the TPE Class 802 nova 1 and the Class 66 with BYA Wagons.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

South Eastern Main Line could be interesting, although I would suggest routing it via Tonbridge since most services that go to Charing Cross go via here instead of Maidstone (which has services to Victoria). There is a workshop route that merges London to Faversham and Chatham Main / Medway Valley Lines and includes the Tonbridge to Orpington and Sevenoaks to Swanley via Otford lines, albeit without scenery (yet) and has been made by Danny (a DTG route builder). Turning this into a 'Southeastern Network' from Charing Cross/Victoria to Tonbridge and Ashford (perhaps with the Maidstone East line as well) could be a good possible candidate as an official DLC (although that's probably me being a bit biased given this is my local area!).

3. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Interesting routes ideas Kyle_Lennard1, what route is your favourite route out of the ones you have chosen? and why do you like these routes and eras?

4. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

Mine would be Great Eastern in BR Blue mainly as i like the older BR Routes and also we lack many of the 1st Generation AC Electric multiple units.

• Like Like x 1