PlayStation No Sun In The Sky On Console Version

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Deltic00, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

Ive noticed on PC versions there is a sun in the sky, on console there is no sun, just a radiant patch where the sun should be..

• Like Like x 4
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

The sun is present on most of the preserved routes (I'm on PS4). It's some of the new routes that seem to be lacking.

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Preserved Collection routes all have the old sky with the sun in it, all new TSW2 routes have the new sky with no sun in it. It is a big immersion killer and I will be very upset if I don’t see it in the roadmap for a fix on Tuesday. It’s the single most important part of the scenery in my opinion. It’s the sun. Everything feels wrong without it. It’s obviously a core issue as it affects every route, which is why it should be fixed. The game’s been out for long enough to have got this fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...until now I didn't realize it, because at the moment I'm mainly focused on the "good old" Preserved Collection routes, which really look better now at 4K on PS4 Pro. But the first time I've noticed the missing sun was by playing "The Isle of Wight". It's a slow and leisurely route where you have enough time to discover the environment. So I posted it in the Rivet Games Forum, that they can look over it. But now I know it might be a depiction problem of the TSW2 core game engine, which only shows up on consoles. Normally the sun is just another layer projected into the sky and should not cause any performance problems. It definitely kills a bit the immersion feeling and belongs on the roadmap. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix for consoles.

• Like Like x 2