Hauptstrecke Munich-augsburg Known Layer Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

As part of the release of Hauptstrecke Munich-Augsburg an issue crept into chapter 3 whereby all the service layers would be enabled. The upshot of this is that you'll be able to see all the layers running in every timetable service. You'll probably also see the reason we intended to disable these layers, as there's likely to be a major performance hit for console players.

To check whether this has happened please check the number of services running. If it is greater than 330 you have extra layers enabled. If you then suffer from performance problems restarting the game will rectify the situation.

We'll have this fixed soon, but for now please feel free to experiment with this unanticipated option. It won't damage your game, although your performance may not be playable.

**Update

We'll be fixing this as quickly as possible as for those not in the know it'll be a poor experience. We're working to reinstate all layers for console players but it will take a little longer to arrive.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I thought this was PS4 only? So if I get it on Xbox my game is going to have all these services.

3. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This particular problem has the potential to be recreated on both consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I’m on Xbox one and have 338, I only have a bit of performance issues near Munich

5. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

On Xbox One X all run perfectly. Just some random stuttering and pop-up on the 32+ tracks Munchen Hbf area.
    Personally addictional layers can wait. Fortunately next month all people who want a better solution (like me) can take a nextgen console for $499, with 3.6+ghz processor and 16GB of ram. From my point of view it's already a miracle if we can play this advanced and magnificent route on our dated poor hardware. So, thank you so much for your work.

• Like Like x 6
  6. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

Je suis d'accord avec vous c'est magnifique, MAIS:
    Étant aussi sur One X beaucoup de boggues de performances sont à déplorer: la ligne est tellement chargée en décors qu'on se rend compte que la console a du mal. Je n'ose même pas imaginer sur One, ça doit être horrible en terme de frame rate. Mais j'ai sur one x quand même des arrêts d'images pendant 5 secondes, particulièrement tout à l'est, en sortant de cette immense gare magnifique, mais elle doit prendre beaucoup de ressources, en s'éloignant de celle-ci on voit que le taux de frame rate est meilleur. Pourtant j'ai éteint toutes les autres applis en arrière plan sur la console pour libérer le plus de ram possible. Effectivement pour terminer je dirais que c'est exceptionnel le niveau de détails! Vraiment dtg a fait un travail remarquable.
    Merci énormément.
    PS: des affichages voyageurs affiches des retards de plus de 700 minutes (s-bahn) : je crois que ce n'est pas normal lol

7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I played also the 427 layers on my Xbox One X now.
    Please don’t removed this and let the players use it with his own Permission until you fixed this for everyone

8. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Dont Fix it, leave it as a show of why not to do it, and HOW LONG will we have to wait for the layering

9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I tested it on Xbox One X
    I played the BR 425 from Augsburg to München on 05:02 in the Morning and the Game is crashed 3,7 kilometer before München Hbf and I was The only Train at the Moment

10. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I tested a full layers timetable almost perfectly from Augsburg to München. An ICE service of the 7:34am. I run the service until Munchen-Pasing station then my game crashed. :'(

A good idea its to close all the applications like the web browser, File Manager, Store, etc and from console network options goes offline! I crashed the same, but I ran almost 'til the end of the route, a little satisfaction, lol :D

My next idea it is to delete some layers (uninstalling Rapid Transit and the 182, or again the RRO dlc)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I have missed only 3,7 kilometer for success the schedule with the 425
    The game got frozen and crashed then.
    So DTG can learn with our feedback

12. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

- console options -> network -> go offline.
    - my games and apps -> manage tsw2 -> install only munchen-augsburg, main spessart bahn (without 204 addon), rapid transit (+ the 182 addon). only these 3 german routes.
    - close all console apps/process/threads/tasks (eg. web browser, microsoft store, game rewards, file manager, etc)
    - launch tsw2 and apply the trick to unlock the addictional services (from chapter 3 of journey).
    - go to munchen-augsburg timetable (now we got 382 services).
    - *addictional option: in the munchen area (generally from munchen hbf to munchen-pasing) set the resolution to hd, not 4k.
    use this additional option only if the game crash at 4k (usually inside munchen area).

Tested with 2 different db br 182 freight services in 4k from augsburg to munchen without crashes! (screen below)
    https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=36552F4EF26866BB&id=36552F4EF26866BB!1160&parId=36552F4EF26866BB!138&o=OneUp

Now, step by step we can try to add some addictional layer. And/or play at 1080p instead of 4k. Obviously that is just a temporary solution.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  13. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

Qu'est-ce que " le chapitre 3 de journey " ?

14. DerMagier

DerMagier New Member

Brings in a way where you can decide for yourself whether you have all or only limited timetables

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.