PC Need Help With Clear Cut!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Raymond J, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Raymond J

Raymond J New Member

I've been able to get the GP38-2 started but can't get the brake pipe pressure to raise after advancing the throttle. What do I need to do to advance in this scenario?

Yes, I've been through all the tutorials btw.

2. Raymond J

Raymond J New Member

Disregard. I saw a YouTube video that showed that I needed to increase the throttle to notch 4 right away after sitting in the seat. Once I did that, I was able to progress and get through the scenario.

I hope this helps anyone else who might be experiencing the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I also struggled with this one when I played it. Best to get going is to release the train brakes first then put the throttle into notch 2, then release the independent brakes. Once you start moving increase one more notch and you should not have any issues.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Jacko

Jacko New Member

I had the same issue at the beginning, but I assumed it was because I'd failed the actual engine-start part, and I had to go back and do that bit again. In the meantime, I had already moved the trainbrake, so I figured the lack of pressure-up in the trainpipe was because I had 'fiddled with things in the wrong order'.

What worked for me was sticking the reverser into Neutral, then cycling the automatic trainbrake through to Emergency then back to Release, then reselecting Forward again. I don't think I whacked the throttle up to notch 4 at any point (but I could be wrong... I was kind of desperate at one stage!)

If it is the above method, it would make sense. It's par for the course to do this sequence (neutral, brakes-on, brakes-off, forward) after emergency stops on some trains (AFAIK), so maybe this is the sort of 'master reset' that's needed? Worth a try, anyhow! If it works, please let me know I'm not dreaming! :)