Piccadilly Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Oct 23, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

When Geoff Marshall went to the DTG Offices to interview Matt Peddleston (Senior Producer) about the Bakerloo Line, Geoff asked if they were thinking about other tube lines to have in the game. Matt responded with a Yes and that they didn't want to make an ATO Route (Right Now at least). He said that they settled on the Bakerloo and Piccadilly Line.

Information

The Piccadilly Line is a London Underground Line that runs between Heathrow Aiport and Cockfosters, with a split in the line at Acton Town that heads to Uxbridge.

This line is 46 Miles long and has 53 stations.

This line runs mostly underground, with some parts of the route being at grade.

Rolling Stock

1973 Stock (Similar to the 1972 Stock, Noticeable Differences)
    [​IMG]

I don't think this route will be (too) difficult to recreate in the game since Dovetail already has the 1972 Stock (Very Similar), they have working Countdown Clocks, and most of the assets that would be needed.

If this route is made, PLEASE DOVETAIL, MAKE IT TO WHERE WE CAN ACTUALLY HEAR THE TRACK NOISE. Also, Automated Announcements would be great.

• Like Like x 5
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This would be a cool line to have although I would perfer a sub surface tube line next

3. ZeenozPlays

Me too, I am just making a thread for the most likely one.
    But we need all 4 subsurface lines, NOW!

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And since all the subsurface lines are connected it would be cool to have them all at once

5. ZeenozPlays

Highly unlikely.

I would see them making the Metropolitan Line First, then the District, and finally the Hammersmith & City with the Circle.

They definitely wouldn't put them all in one route, unless they figure out how to make the trains take up less memory.

6. no123

no123 Member

1973TS isn't even similar, 73TS has side can doors, a diffrent cab and that's it (fuсk).

7. ZeenozPlays

The main differences on the 1973 Stock are:
    • The front has a bit of Black/Gray in it
    • It has side fans
    • It only runs on the Piccadilly
    • The side cab doors open
    • It’s 6 Cars

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Class395

Class395 Active Member

Yes please! Picadilly line would be amazing, particularly if we get the Uxbridge branch as well as the Heathrow one. The 1973 stock would be very cool to have as well. This line takes over 1.5 hours of driving from Heathrow to Cockfosters so there would be a lot of fun to have. I have a special place in my heart for this line as when I lived in London for a couple of months 4 years ago Ealing Common and Ealing Broadway were my local stops, depending on where I had to go I either took the Central or Picadilly as they were more or less the same walking distance ;)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

The Piccadilly line would be a great addition to the game. I also wouldn’t mind seeing the Met or District being featured too.

I’d love to see my line (Central) get featured but I think ATO ruins the chances of that!

• Like Like x 1
  10. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I always thought that if DTG were to create another London Underground route it would be the Victoria line, seeing as it's a reasonable length and (while the 2009 stock would be preferred for the sake of variety) they could very easily copy paste the 1972 stock and claim it was the 1967 stock. However as I understand it trains are mostly automated on this route, and it's entirely underground apart from the depot so it would lack variety...

The Piccadilly line would be great although it feels a like it would be too long, at least for me. The 1973 stock used on the line is also a little too similar to the stock used on the Bakerloo line for me to get excited about driving it.

Personally, I think the Metropolitan line should be added. It definitely has the most historical significance of any line they could use. The sub surface tunnels and S Stock trains would be unique enough to set it apart from the Bakerloo line. It features sections both in tunnel and out in the open, and it also features express running in parts so the services would remain varied (as opposed to the Bakerloo line, which in my experience gets repetitive after a while seeing as you ALWAYS stop at EVERY station).

I'm beginning to think I should create my own thread for this idea, so I'll leave it there for now.

11. ZeenozPlays

ATO could be included. Most people won’t like that since there wouldn’t be much to do.

12. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t object, in any way, to this being a future DLC, but I’d like to see American metro first. Any of the Chicago lines or the New York ones would be amazing, especially the CTA brown/red/purple lines in Chicago, but I can’t say I’m not biased. This being said I don’t want to come across as not liking the idea of the Piccadilly line, I just think that America is a higher priority since there’s no American metro/heavy rail line (unless you count the LIRR).

13. ZeenozPlays

I would prefer NYC Subway first as well. (the 1, 6 or 7 lines) For CTA, I think the Red/Purple/Blue lines would be the best.

I’m just suggesting another LU Route right now since I’ve already posted lots of NYC Subway stuff.

14. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I would say the red, purple and brown lines would work best for CTA since they have the longest amount of shared track between them. The blue line only transfers with other lines at one station I think. I’d definitely pay a large sum of money for those 3 lines.

For MTA, that’s something I largely don’t know about. But I know a lot of people on here are requesting it, so I think at some point DTG might cave, since they have an MTA license already.

To get back to the Underground, I do think this route should be next in terms of that system. It seems really nice from what I’ve heard, and DTG has expressed interest in making it.

15. no123

no123 Member

also it has a LED destination display outside and inside and it can run on district