Mainline Switching Operations

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dmorton000, Oct 22, 2020.

1. dmorton000

dmorton000 New Member

My suggestion is for the developers to try to come up with a way to make freight routes, like CN Oakville Subdivision, CSX Sandpatch, and Peninsula Corridor, more realistic than just taking cars from one yard to the next. Being able to contact the dispatcher to ask for mainline switch access as well as permission to proceed, will give us a chance to drop off, or pick up, cars from lineside industries. I know there's not going to be any more work on Oakville Subdivision, but there's a Procor tank car manufacturer on the mainline near Oakville, and in the game, but there's no way to access that trackage. To me, it's a real waste of beautifully detailed scenery on an otherwise great route.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya that would be awesome, Saskatchewan would be a perfect place to have mainline freight and side industry collection

• Like Like x 2
  3. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

Yea, I'd love to see more local deliveries type scenarios or services. I was rather disappointing by Oakville when they didn't do much beyond the tank car filling on that front, despite having so many industrial spurs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

For sure, would love to see some grain stuff

• Like Like x 1