Rhein-ruhr-ost Dlc Quality

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cramnor, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I recently decided to buy the last German route add-on I was still missing in form of RRO, taking advantage of the sale and in good hope due to the good ratings it got on Steam.
    By now I learned the hard way that I shouldn't have too high of expectations, but what is it with this route? Did I miss an update or did I get an especially bad version because of the sale?
    Train paths are not working properly, running into a red signal at every station (and for some services they never turn green). The kilometer and speed signs are missing or wrong in significantly much more places than usual, some even in the overhead wire. There are so many kinks along the line, that make the whole train shake I get scared it derails, I've never seen that before, neither in amount nor to the extent of how suddenly the inclination changes. This route is extremely short, some 27km, so I expected it would be more detailed and such compared to the others, but it just feels so weird and unnatural to me. Also at the station Schwelm, the S-Bahn tracks look so out of scale when they cross underneath the main line, like someone put the comma in the wrong place for inclination or such. If I didn't know better, I would say that is the first route DTG ever made, still needing to figure out stuff and so on - at least thats my feeling, especially when I compare it to the other routes.
    But is that only me, or are others experiencing the same? Has there been any updates or fixes to the route I might be missing?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Is this the preserved TSW2 version or the original TSW2020 version? Apart from the kinks at some junctions, I've not experienced any of these issues in the TSW2020 version, and i've played it quite a lot.

I should mention I've not played it since the start of September as I've got a new laptop and TSW2020 is on ym computer, which is at my parents' house, so I am going off a memory of it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  3. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

In my own experience the route has really bad track curvatures and very sudden changes in gradients. Really immersion braking are those problems as for me are also the non existent sound of 422 when coasting. So no run sounds.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cramnor

Just played the 2020 version, the preserved is not yet released, but will likely not be different, but I keep my fingers crossed....

5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The gradients are definitely a TSW2020 thing - the route is extremely jumpy - you go from flat to 1.5 % instantly.

6. Clumsy Pacer

OK I must've forgotten the gradients. I don't remember having any problems with them. Preserved collection batch 4 ahs been released on Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clumsy Pacer

OK, I'm now playing RRO, and I do see what you mean now, the gradients could be a lot smoother.

8. georgegamerfc2

georgegamerfc2 New Member

I love RRO, very smooth and loving the DB BR 422. I dont see anything wrong with it, there is an improvement with the new game

9. Clumsy Pacer

I was driving the dosto service. I also really like it and I think the dosto services along with the cab sway feature really bring out some possibly unrealistically sharp curves and gradient changes (not to say there aren't any sharp curves on the S-bahn services). Doesn't stop it being a nice route (for me, at least)

10. Clumsy Pacer

It seems that cab sway amplifies the sharp corners and gradients. Turning it off is much nicer.

11. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Yes the s-bahn sections are with better track layout. Sharp and unnatural curvatures and sudden changes in gradients are mainly on the sections of truck where regional trains are running. But apart from that for me the class 422 is immersion beaking loco in terms of sounds. Motors sound good but the priblem is when you cut them off. So than you don't have almost any sound of a running loco, can't hear boggies touching rails so no run sounds. Also when open windows nothing changes in terms of wind that would surely be hearable, but no complete silence. So I would like to see some improvements to its sounds. Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

The sharp elevation changes and red signals for RE services are real issues, as well as the butchered timetable. Otherwise this is a great route with the the nicest and most detailed scenery and best S-Bahn running (IMO) and compared to other routes it's definitely not as bad.

• Like Like x 5
  13. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

just launched the game since one or two months and lauched the preserved ROO.
    Gave up after 10 min because of the shitty clippling, as usual.
    Every 30 - 40 sec

I could not believed to recieve from DTG more bad quality that TSW1 :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I have no complaints with the preserved RRO...seems the same as the TSW2020 version to me /shrug

• Like Like x 2
  15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Sometimes you have to wait up to 20 minutes. This is normal. This is the timetable there. Freight politely waiting. All works perfect with RRO.

16. Clumsy Pacer

Where is this clipping because I've not noticed any at all.

17. maxipolo12

during the whole line - not specially on big stations - all above the line

• Like Like x 1
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

RRO works perfectly for me too. Probably the best of all routes. Very smooth, all the time.
    Try to reinstall the game. Sometimes it helps.

19. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Really like this route.
    Yes some of the level changes are abrupt, but it's a fun route to run.
    You obviously have some sort of graphics problem.
    Why not remove and reinstall?

20. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

The first route I finished the journey in TSW1 hehe

21. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I have no problems with RRO, the route is very smooth, no clipping or framedrops for me.

At some spots you can see that the upper wire makes the "zigzag" instead of the lower wire,
    but this is another story and not really gamebreaking.

22. maxipolo12

Already done.
    The only game where I have problems. Was a last chance.
    Let see in 6 months - one year but today the game doesn't have his place on my ssd :D

• Like Like x 1
  23. maxipolo12

same after clean install.
    I will give a chance to the game maybe later.

Does your sifa works on this line with the 422 ?

• Like Like x 1
  24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yes. You have to stand up and sit again.

25. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

I feel that way as well, it has run flawlessly for me thus far. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  26. maxipolo12

so if I understand well - you don't have any stuttering some times by loading some assets, not any lightings bug on your dashboard, not any bugs on loading textures like buildings, and not any bugs on trees shadows ? Are you sure you're not blind ? or maybe DTG gave you a lot of money or maybe I'have some problems with my eyes :D :D

• Like Like x 1
  27. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Me too. After reading this thread, I decided to give it a run for the first time. Smooth-sailing on my end. This is a fantastic route.

28. Cramnor

I wouldn't formulate it as insulting, but there seems to be quite some difference in perception ;) I would assume everyone got the same game, but it becomes evident that everybody looks at different aspects. For my part it seems one of the worst DLCs I got, but others seem to be perfectly fine with it :) That is interesting to see, thanks for all your replies so far!

• Like Like x 1
  29. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Or maybe you just don't like the fact the some people are enjoying the sim and not joinng in with your narrative!

• Like Like x 4
  30. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but what you describe doesn't sound like the Rhein-Ruhr Osten: Hagen - Wuppertal that I've been running. I have played this game (operated this simulation? :o ) quite a bit in the few days since it became available in TSW2 and as I said earlier find Rhein-Ruhr Osten to probably be the best of all routes.

Do you think it possible the reason others don't see the visual discrepancies (stuttering trees, lighting bugs, etc.) you find disturbing has more to do with differences in equipment than with perception? I was very happy to see another DLC in NRW and have spent a lot of time with it in the few days since it was downloaded, more even than the brand new and very popular München - Augsburg DLC.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  31. breblimator

breblimator Guest

They took. By fair sale :D

For me, the only problem with RRO is a hypothetical dilemma - if I could only keep two TSW DLCs on disk, which ones? MAG rather stays. RSN, RRO ... it would be hard for me to choose.

Try the format c: /s - that always helps. I can help!
    Ev. it could be a memory problem or improper operation. Have you read your PC's user manual?

UPDATE

Try lowering the graphics settings in the game.
    Changing the resolution helps with fps problems.

user manual

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2020
  32. maxipolo12

I deleted the game so guys I will not you disturb anymore ;)

• Like Like x 3