My Wishlist

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ProfCreeptonius, Oct 23, 2020.

1. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

since the release of MA - a phenomenal and very entertaining route - I've been thinking what kind of wonky stuff I wanna do on German routes. Also for archival reasons, I wanted to separate out the features I want added to the game (not DLC) the most. The bold numbers are priority levels - 5.0 means "do this ASAP in a hotfix" and 1.0 means "I'm just dreaming". Do you agree?

To you, Devs, I hope this will give you an insight into what I, as a player, value most in TSW. Let this be a guideline for past and future DLC's alike.

Fixes
    • Max speed of 146.2 is 150kph. (5.0) (This makes both the 146 and Dostos completely unplayable to me)
    • Very bad behavior of motion blur on both ICEs, and some other trains (3.0) (I can just turn off motion blur)
    • Sound fixes for preserved collection (4.0) (If required, I can open the windows, that fixes the problem a little bit)
    • Extremely springy, jumpy and wonky cab sway on MSB and RT (3.5)
    • 182 not useable in scenario planner, also not with Dostos (3.5) (At least i can take freight)
    • Certain PZB Bungs (details pending) (2.0)
      • 1000Hz Magnet active on Zs6 when leaving Augsburg (4.0)
        ADDENDUM: LZB-Gegengleisauftrag should be acknowledged with PZB-Wachsam. Not this, though.
    • B-Light illuminating incorrectly on 406 (2.0)
    Features
    • More available locations for scenario planner, especially since Matt advertised ALL of the sidings of München to be available to us, yet we cannot even do an elementary ICE depot run. (2.5)
    • Custom consists in scenario planner (1.5)
    • Custom pathing in scenario planner (1.5)
    • Portals in scenario planner (4.0) This makes certain routes unusable in the scenario planner, since any train would block all those behind them.
    • LZB on 182, 146.2, 425 and 185 (2.0)
    • Availability of LZB on RT (1.0)
    • Sensitivity slider in livery editor (1.0) (i.e. i can choose more then just 2 speeds when moving figures around
    • (Community suggestion): Better highlighted completed services (1.5)
    I'll make sure to update the list regularly. Comments or further ideas are welcome.

Cheers,
    Prof.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 18
  2. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

Nice suggestions, especially the ones about preserved collection. I would also really like if we could make our own formations in scenario planner.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

You made a great wislist Prof, I couldn't agree more with the points you made. Especially the sound which is missing or broken on some German loco's should be fixed by DTG ASAP, so I agree you put that at a high priority. (I'm especially talking about the BR 143 and BR 146.2 here: literally unplayable ATM.)

I'll "watch" this thread to see your vision on the current state of the game, it's interesting to read ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

Maybe you can add this to your list. Once completed a service in the timetable we can have a check mark next to the medals so it stands out clearer that we’ve already driven it?

At the moment I find myself having to double check in the sea of medals which ones stand out to see whether I’ve done them or not.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. ProfCreeptonius

Has been done.

• Like Like x 1
  6. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

That's a fantastic wishlist! Really great insights, which I totally agree with. Hope most will get implemented.
    Adam mentioned the possibility of adding LZB to the 182 on my thread, hopefully, his team would be able to add LZB to the other locos as well.
    link = https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-lzb-to-preserved-db-locos.28913/#post-193568

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. ProfCreeptonius

Hi everyone,

teeny tiny update to the wishlist. I'd just like to re-iterate the importance of the max speed fix for the 146.2. It makes the 146.2 and the Dostos very irritating and absolutely unusable on all 5 routes the 146.2 serves with Dostos. If it's a matter of just fixing one number, I'd really want to see a Hotfix a.s.a.p. Can this be done, Adam? Thx.

New points are in a different font:

Fixes
    • Max speed of 146.2 is 150kph. (5.0) (This makes both the 146 and Dostos completely unplayable to me)
    • Very bad behavior of motion blur on both ICEs, and some other trains (3.0) (I can just turn off motion blur)
    • Sound fixes for preserved collection (4.0) (If required, I can open the windows, that fixes the problem a little bit)
    • Extremely springy, jumpy and wonky cab sway on MSB and RT (3.5)
    • 182 not useable in scenario planner, also not with Dostos (3.5) (At least i can take freight)
    • Certain PZB Bungs (details pending)
      • 1000Hz Magnet active on Zs6 when leaving Augsburg (4.0)
        ADDENDUM: LZB-Gegengleisauftrag should be acknowledged with PZB-Wachsam. Not this, though.
      • BR 422 when pressing PZB-Frei only stops blinking 85, does not remove the "V-Überwachung 85kph" text. (3.0)
      • BR 442 in SKA when pressing PZB-Frei does not stop blinking 85, just removes the "V-Überwachung 85kph" text. (3.0)
      • (Investigation needed) BR 423 on HMA inflicts Vmax = 35kmh in restrictive 1000Hz monitoring, should be 45kmh.
    • Destination displays on 403 are a downgrade from the 406, not showing intermediate stops (2.0)
    • Zipper-Rails on RT (2.5)
    Features
    • More available locations for scenario planner, especially since Matt advertised ALL of the sidings of München to be available to us, yet we cannot even do an elementary ICE depot run. (2.5)
      • In particular I would like the 182 to be able to take passenger services on routes besides RT (2.5)
    • Portals in scenario planner (4.0) This makes certain routes unusable in the scenario planner, since any train would block all those behind them.
    • Sensitivity slider in livery editor (1.0) (i.e. i can choose more then just 2 speeds when moving figures around
    Cheers,
    Prof.

• Like Like x 5
  8. ProfCreeptonius

Hi folks,

a very long-awaited update has been bestowed upon us. Time to update the wishlist. I was teasing Sam on stream because he said something along the lines of "People think that the game is unplayable because of that one tiny thing". Foremost: Sorry, Sam. Second, I am well-aware that our priorities for fixes vary. I do try to be objective with the ratings I give in my wishlist and I reserve the high priority values for things that I am 80% sure are 95% detrimental to 100% of the game. I must say that I don't think the 5.0's are given for "small things" - fortunately though, there are none currently. Again I wish to emphasize the meaning of the wishlist: To give everyone, most of all DTG, an insight into what I, as a player, value most in terms of fixes/features.

I must say, the latest update will go down in history as one of the best bugfixes of TSW. Probably right next to PZB on RT. Massive, MASSIVE thanks to Adam for going back to the older preserved collection. Yet there is still work to be done, there always is. First I'll comment on some of the change notes, second I give the revised wishlist.

Excerpt from change notes I wish to comment on, my comments in different font.:

DB BR 182:
    • Added usability support for Scenario Planner. Is it just me, or did the sound also get fixed?
    Ruhr-Sieg Nord:
    • Resolved instances where cab audio occlusion could fail when standing up in the DB BR 143 and DB BR 185/2 locos. Yet you forgot the 422?
    Main-Spessart Bahn:
    • Revised the top speed for DB BR 146/2 to 160 km/h. FINALLY!!!! Yesss!
    • Adjusted the DB BR 185/2 and DB BR 146/2 traction audio cues to remove artefacts in the sample looping. I can barely notice a difference. Is it just me?
    With respect to the aforementioned changes and thanks to a few ideas from friends, the wishlist develops as follows, resolved points are red and will disappear from future wishlists. Changes are in a different font:

Fixes
    • Sound fixes for preserved collection (4.0 3.0) Partially fixed, good progress for now.
      • No "running" sounds on 146.2 (3.0)
      • Dosto air conditioner sometimes randomly turns off (2.0 EDIT: 1.0), since it can be fixed by the player.
      • Horrible, horrible Dosto horn sounds (3.0).
    • Extremely springy, jumpy and wonky cab sway on MSB, RT and GWE (testing required for GWE) (3.5)
    • Certain PZB Bungs (details pending)
      • 1000Hz Magnet active on Zs6 when leaving Augsburg (4.0 after reconsideration: 3.0)
      • ADDENDUM: LZB-Gegengleisauftrag should be acknowledged with PZB-Wachsam. Not this, though.
      • BR 422 when pressing PZB-Frei only stops blinking 85, does not remove the "V-Überwachung 85kph" text. (3.0)
      • BR 442 in SKA when pressing PZB-Frei does not stop blinking 85, just removes the "V-Überwachung 85kph" text. (3.0)
      • (Investigation needed) BR 423 on HMA inflicts Vmax = 35kmh in restrictive 1000Hz monitoring, should be 45kmh.
    • Destination displays on 403 are a downgrade from the 406, not showing intermediate stops (2.0)
    • Zipper-Rails on RT (2.5)
    • Saving progress often ruins AI pathfinding and signaling (3.5)
    Features
    • Ability to switch off the new "Feature" which always immediately throws you into journey mode upon starting the game (3.0) (Who thought this was a good idea? It's just annoying...)
    • Ability to switch off "Game over" on SPAD (this is for the modding community) (1.5)
    • Connection of RSN and RRO (0.5)
    • Ability to repaint cabs (1.0)
    • Preserved collection in Livery Editor (1.5) Here is the "Hierarchy of importance" for German trains in my opinion - judging by how many potential realistic repaints come to my mind - in descending order:
      • Dostos and 146.2
      • 182 and 143
      • 185 (and variants)
      • 204 and Freight Cars
      • In particular I would like the 182 to be able to take passenger services on routes besides RT (2.5)\
      • 182 and 146.2 cannot run with 6 Dostos in Scenario planner (1.5)
    • Portals in scenario planner (4.0) This makes certain routes borderline unusable in the scenario planner, since any train would block all those behind them.
    Cheers,
    Prof.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  9. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Also no "running" sounds on 422. After cut off throttle you can hear nothing. It goes into almost complete silence. No matter if the windows are open or closed. If opened no wind blowing. I think that the game should have a sounds for boggies touching rails or should we call it "running sounds" for every loco set up as same, as well as the sounds for the wind blowing through opened windows.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ProfCreeptonius

Hi everyone,

awkward performance has been observed post-update:

When using my GPU (stronger) for processing, formerly, I had a smooth ~20fps (at München) or ~30-40fps in other regions. Now, I get the same FPS, but with many very annoying stutters.

Formerly, when I used my CPU (weaker) for processing, via -DX12 in the steam commands, i formerly got ~25fps with horrible stutters. Now I get ~25-30fps fixed with no stuttering.

What is going on with the update? Can anyone enlighten me? Why is the game suddenly preferring CPU-processing? Am I talking nonsense? Unfortunately I don't like using -DX12, since my GPU yields higher framerates...

DTG, do these details help pinpoint the source of this performance issue?

Cheers,
    Prof.