PlayStation Is Scenario Designer/livery Editor Working For Anybody Else?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ImNotAnAnorak, Oct 13, 2020.

1. I've posted a fair bit about this so I'll stop after this thread since I don't want to spam or anything, but is anybody else still getting the CE-34878-0 error code when using scenario designer (with custom liveries) and the livery editor? In one of the roadmap updates it said that the livery editor issue was fixed, yet it still keeps giving me the error code. I mean it "works" don't get me wrong, but I still get booted out after about an hour of using it.

If I use my own liveries, or if I use off the rails mode in scenario designer, it just boots me out 10 seconds into the map loading, on Koln-Aachen specifically, it boots me out on Bakerloo too but it takes about halfway into the route to do so. Same goes for East Coastway.

But yeah, I'm surprised I've seen hardly any threads about this considering it's a significant part of the game? Which is why I assumed it must be on my end, so I uninstalled and re-installed, still no luck. I have version 1.05 (which I think they renamed to 1.46) and I have the latest system software update.

I thought that it was my fault because I updated the game BEFORE the latest system update, I was playing at around midnight when I got a notification for both updates, so without thinking I just downloaded them in that order... Anyway. Is this just me or...?

2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

It doesn't work for me, because there have been too many bug reports and too few bug fixes, so I still don't play TSW 2 at all.
    I think it's just a waste of time to check whether a certain functionality really is working as expected or not. The whole game doesn't!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Same for me, about an hour into livery and blue screen crash

4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I'm on a PS4 pro so hardware-wise we might not be using the same if you're on a PS4 base, but I've not experienced the livery editor crashing during use recently. After the second or third update that removed the annoying layer-upon-layer of shapes appearing it's been pretty smooth. That said I'd be surprised if I ever spent much over an hour in it at a time so perhaps I'm not spending long enough in it to see the issue occur. The self-made liveries do seem to put a particular strain on the game though, be they loading lo-res/pixelated in-service or the PS4 fans getting very loud when creating or using one.

I do encounter an issue which has been present from the beginning, where trying to use a livery I have created immediately afterwards either in the scenario planner or timetable mode will sometimes, not always, cause a crash similar to that you describe, but this crash occurs prior to entering the service, during the loading screen beforehand. I have simply learned that to get around this I never try to use a new livery in the same session in which I created it, I'm fairly used to rebooting frequently anyway so I'm pretty much on autopilot by now and I only see this issue these days if I look for it.

I've not experienced a crash in the scenario planner outside of the above conditions. If I create or open a scenario in a new session with or without my own livery, it loads fine, and last night I was in the busiest Koln-Aachen scenario I have created, using the most extravagant livery I have created, and it worked fine though perhaps the FPS drops were more noticeable than usual. The only other thing I've noticed recently in regards to Koln-Aachen is that the new Dostos services seem particularly memory intensive. For example if two sets of Dostos pass each other on the line whilst using the external camera view the frame rate slows to such an extent is looks almost like a slow-motion replay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Thank you for taking the time to explain your issues in detail, I'm sorry to see you are having difficulties with the scenario planner and the livery editor, if you are still experiencing crashes after a fix was implemented then it hasn't worked and this needs looking into again on our end, resolving crashes and problems that stop you from being able to play remain a high priority.

• Like Like x 1
  6. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

The game and everything in it must work equally on ps4 base and ps4 pro, only 4K graphics do not, the hardware has nothing to do with it, the problem is in the game itself! :cool:

7. Costpap

Costpap Member

I have only crashed in the livery creator when I left my PS4 idling for a ~~few~~ minutes. However, I do crash everytime after editing/creating a new livery and trying to play, at least on Sand Patch Grade.

• Like Like x 1
  8. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I haven't had any problems with the game so far! :cool:

9. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

There is one thing that is very annoying about the SP because it messes up all of the consistency!

So I miss some layers to let trains run on certain routes. That's why we now have the SP. That's a really great thing!

But in order not to use the trains that are already given, you first have to plan a whole scenario in order to then get the option that everything is allowed. (I don't know the English term in the SP.)

It is then a bit confusing to click where you wanted to go and then start again. So it would be great if this option was asked right at the beginning so that you don't have to change everything again at the end!

And I noticed that the DB BR-182 "Taurus" in particular cannot be selected. Whether on some or all of the tracks, I haven't tried it yet. It is currently the only electric locomotive that is approved for speeds of up to 230 km / h and would therefore also like to use it on high-speed routes SKA & HMA. But it is not on the list of "impossible" vehicles. Why not? It is also only sparsely represented in the layers. What a shame!

So it's not as if you can use every train on every route - there are still restrictions here, too. Just a minor mistake or is there another possible reason?

10. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

For the Taurus not being available on scenario planner even with Off The Rails on, it's an error. I asked Sam on a Munich Augsburg stream and he answered that fixing this issue is on the roadmap. Personnally I haven't had either the scenario planner or the livery designer crash on my first gen 500 GB PS4 for a long while now. It happened in the beginning but now it appears to be fixed at least for me. But it crashes when I go for a service with a custom livery right after creating it, example, yesterday my game crashed after a few minutes on a service with the DB BR423 using a custom Crossrail Elizabeth Line livery made just before. But I tried again just after reloading the game and it worked just fine that time.

11. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Yesterday I designed a scenario in NTP. But at the beginning I had a red signal and the function to contact the dispatcher was probably not active. Since I didn't add any AI trains and there was no other traffic either, the red signal remained. No idea whether it would have turned green at some point, how long should you wait there?

It seems to me that the full (previous) functionality is not yet possible on all routes with all possible / available trains.

In addition, it is cumbersome to only be able to set the weather etc. using a trick.