Mono Vs Stereo Audio Setting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cyclone, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Does this exist in Train Simulator? And if not, why not?

The background behind this is that I'm using headphones so I can hear audio while I play the game and record the commentary without echoing the game audio. However, when I do something like move to the side of a train, the audio in one ear either shuts off or goes quieter, meaning I have to deal with the headache caused by unbalanced audio in my ears. Having a mono audio setting would allow audio to always remain constant in both ears and would improve my enjoyment factor of the game, plus make it less likely I'll have the distraction while trying to commentate on what I'm doing. If the issue is that I just have cheap headphones and other models of headphones would help solve the problem for me, I need to know that too.

(If anyone is wondering, yes, I am planning to start a Youtube channel and a focus on this game and others will be done.)

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Why not just use a stereo to mono jack plug adaptor, so the stream/video is still in stereo, but you hear it in mono? Or are you using a wireless or USB headset? Maybe time to break out the old school? :)

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I am using a $30 or so pair of headphones I picked up at Staples. LOL In other words, I am wired. I am not sure I know this device you speak of, however.

4. Pookeyhead

5. Pookeyhead