München-augsburg First Impressions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shaun123, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

I’ve just had a lovely drive in the ICE 403 from Augsburg to München, so only a 25 minute run, but again hopefully it will help others.

Lets get the negatives out of the way first;

Station Clocks showing 12pm (or 12am!)

München Hbf seems quite empty but maybe that is at the time I drove, I arrived at 12:10.

I noticed in an area where I had low FPS (around 30-35) looking out from München Hbf a lot more texture shimmering, which was disappointing, it’s virtually non-existent in Köln-Aachen, Bakerloo and IOW (apart from some slight anti-aliasing issue/shimmering on the overhead wires).

FPS; for me I’ll mention this separately as personally, it didn’t make the game unplayable or take anything away, but it was certainly noticeable which Matt had alluded to already. I was sitting there driving thinking, wow, that’s a bit of a performance hit!

Positives:

ICE 403 is really enjoyable to drive, really nice to have a much longer section of LZB.

AI Traffic, there so much of it, really nice to see such a busy route, for me that’s really important, it feels realistic.

In fact, I got held at a red signal just outside München Hbf, to allow a service to depart so was pleased about that, much more interesting than just to have greens all the way. That is where I have felt TSW has lagged behind TS Classic because of the lack of AI traffic and a ‘busy’ feel, the last few add-ons (HRR, Köln-Aachen and now this route) have changed that for the better.

PIS on stations, a really welcome addition, and really well done.

PIS on the 423, colourful, which looks really nice! Another nice job by the team.

München Hbf was instantly recognisable despite me only visiting there twice!

Now for the important bit - performance/FPS:

Throughout from Augsburg I was getting 60FPS (that’s what I have it locked to) with the odd stutter, nothing to worry about. There are no major performance issues for me throughout the route!

At München Pasing near the Depot there was a short, noticeable drop to 40-50 FPS.

Then around 2.0 to around 0.5km before München Hbf, there were some more noticeable stutters and FPS drops to around 30FPS but this stabilised to around 40FPS, increasing back up to 60FPS entering München Hbf and in the station itself.

So from Pasing through to München Hbf, there is a lot going on, and there was a performance drop, which Matt mentioned, however, it was far from being unplayable, it didn’t spoil it for me, but I did notice it. I’d imagine even the best-spec PC’s will notice a hit?

Overall, a really really good job by DTG, and I hope sign of things to come in the future, if this is what we are going to see more of, TSW2 has a bright future!

TrainSim-Matt thank you, as always for your hard work and the rest of the team DTG Natster DTG Protagonist DTG Jamie

For me it’s a job well done, with one or two small issues.

I know the 423 door sounds are mentioned elsewhere but I haven’t played it yet for myself.

Now back to playing the game!

Shaun.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 27
  2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I was trying not to get this yet but now I am going to have to try and find some spare change down the back of the sofa! Thanks for the nicely balanced review.

It does look a bit stuttery on the stream I am watching at the moment but Sam says it looks worse on the stream than it is on his computer.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

The route sure looks lovely and sounds like a fun drive. I will most likely get it when some discounts become available.

4. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I was excited for this route since the first video. This review made me even more excited. I can't wait for the end of my shift so that I can try it out. Awesome review Shaun123

5. Shaun123

For context my PC Specs, - I know I asked for advice on a new PC a few weeks ago, I took the plunge and bought a pre-built with my some of my own customizeable changes, I genuinely didn’t think my old PC would last more than few months, it really was slowing down, and wanted to enjoy the raft of new DLC at its best!

Anyway;
    i7 9700k 8 core
    RTX 2080 Super
    32GB Ram
    2TB HDD
    480 GB SSD

27” monitor @ 144hz 1440p, settings all maxed, locked at 60FPS in game.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Does it offer anything new/different compared to the Köln-Aachen route? I mean I'm not really into german stuff (especially because they are too modern to me), but I gave the Köln-Aachen route a few go in the past days and I enjoyed it more than I expected to. But this looks pretty similar. ICE3 and the red EMU running between two german cities I don't really know well. So if I'm not particularly interested in german railways, am I missing out anything on this?

• Like Like x 1
  7. JAAK

JAAK Member

One of my favorite routes so far.
    But i also noticed some weird things going on with the passenger information board on the plattform like showing 00:01 and something like "701 minutes delayed". And some AI trains are driving with open doors.

8. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

I haven't managed to install it yet! Steam keeps hanging on "installing" taken me 3 hours so far.
    The only way I can download it is to reinstall the entire game.

9. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Tbh this route is much better than IOW, this was a massive improvement...i cant wait for SEHS

10. Shaun123

Apologies for another post, just drove the 423.

I think it could my favourite piece of DLC!

The station and Train PIS is superb!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  11. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

First thoughts after a couple short drives:

- The 423 is a b*tch to drive. It brakes like Fred Flintstone using his feet. I can definitely see that being a challenge that will be fun to master.
    - The normal TSW stutter/hitching is present more than other routes, but my framerates are good overall, even in Munich where people are struggling. i7-9700k, RTX 2080 Ti, 32 GB RAM, everything maxed out, 130% render scaling, and engine.ini tweaks to improve draw distance and shadow LOD. Even in the heart of Munich I'm getting 50-60 fps. That being said, I'm not sure if something is wrong because I haven't seen any other services running than the ICE and Sbahn even though I have all DLC and thus should have all layers working.
    - The countryside is a bit bland and seems rushed as the scenery distance ends quite close to the track. If you zoom out at all with the external camera you see lots of endless nothing with 0 detail. They have performance to give in the rural areas so it seems more like it was just rush and not given enough love
    -The route is well done overall, but fairly boring. That's not DTGs fault, it's just IMO kind of a boring route. It was in TS20xx and it is in real life. Just my opinion. I'm excited to see what Rivet does with the Arosa line because they're going to be forced to push the engine a bit more due to the wide vistas the route offers. They won't be able to only model the first 50 meters next to the rail like in IOW
    -No major bugs that I've noticed.

Also, I think this route is finally where I figured out why I still enjoy playing TS20xx more and spend more time with it. While the routes for TSW may have better rendering and lighting effects, much higher res textures, and more detailed models...the TSW route just seem to lack character compared to the TS20xx routes. Even routes that are the same between the two. I don't know how to articulate it well, but the German routes all blend together and look the same to me without any real character or defining scenes or features that make them really FEEL different and unique. Maybe that's due to the very washed out lighting and coloring used in TSW so everything just looks samey and drab, or what.

Overall, worth a buy if you like German rail and probably the high water mark for DTG TSW routes so far.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah this seemed to be the case on Isle of Wight as well. Hopefuly this doesn't become a new trend for new routes, as it's really bad. How does this even happen? Do the route builders look at it and say "yeah it's fine" after building such a beautiful close scenery? Most of the time you'd just need to place a few group of trees there and there, something which is quite easy to do with the new editor. And maybe paint the ground a little so it's not all the same green grass.

• Like Like x 2
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Let me start with the rating: 10/10
    There is basically no need to read any further.

Below are some loose and chaotic notes made during WOW

These are not judgments but observations. Maybe someone will need it before making a decision. In my opinion, there is nothing to think about.

- The BR 423 sounds phenomenal. I don't know if it's realistic.
    - Average 30 fps, and around Munich 20 fps. It is smooth and stable. I'm very impressed. Great optimization. It is getting better and better (RSN works worse for me - just for comparison). // ideapad 330 / ultra / 100% screen percentage
    - The BR 423 brakes differently and drives differently. Fresh air. Bravo!
    - Basically, every aspect of the game has been improved here.
    - There is more of everything and everything is better.
    - I'm not interested in scenarios, but I played one. I had a great time. I have some concerns if the PZB was working properly all the time. Maybe I missed something. Maybe that's my paranoia. PIS probably was dead. I do not know. I ran the red ones, loaded the game, managed to finish. Basically no objections.
    - Timetable Services: Sifa, PZB, LZB, Signalling, PIS, AFB, etc. I didn't run into any problems. This is an initial assessment. Then it turns out.
    - Medals are back (SKA, hello?).
    - ICE no longer has tinted glass.
    - Have you watched Stream? Did you see Matt's face? Yes, he already knew they had won this battle. Without a doubt. These tracks are theirs.
    - The lighting is either improved or here the new UEngine version shows the potential. Everything looks natural and clear.
    - Munich is teeming with trains. Augsburg is less. But it looks great. Everything in between is such a standard as HRR or MSB.
    - I dream of a route where Munich will be a transit station. You have to see it to understand why it should be so.
    - I was standing on the red. ICE passed, some S-Bahn. Cool.
    - The yards are still empty. And huge!
    - The so-called "racing". HRR already had it. It's much better here. It looks great. The timetable is full of trains (mostly S-Bahn). It shows well. This is not a shocking difference (vs HRR), but it is noticeable.

- They forgot to add 155 & 182 to the SKA ... again. And SKA S-Bahn is rude. That's what I've heard ... By the way. Don't make empty promises. Calmly. I have HMA. I'm not angry anymore.

Finally, a shock, but I have to complain. These are too serious matters.

1. ICE does not have air conditioning. At least in this one scenario, I've played. I'm not kidding. I have no blowing sound. It worked at SKA. It is impossible to play in the summer.
    2. PZB broke down under the overpass in front of the bathtub. Such a puzzle for DTG. Sorry. It could be my fault. Nuance.
    3. The worst at the end ...

TSW has a simulator in its name.
    And this is what the train looks like after leaving
    the train wash

[​IMG]

Simulator? Free jokes ... Just look at the bumper ... Matt? Sam? Natalie?

Summary.

I do not judge realism. I don't judge the doorbells. I don't know if there are too many or too few trains, or maybe just right. General impression, after what I have already seen on the monitor screen, in my life, and most of it also played (yes, PC):

HMA is humanity's greatest achievement in the field of train games.

Applause for DTG.

UPDATE
    For me, German routes can be divided into three categories:

A) Rapid Transit

B) Scenic & atmospheric:
    Ruhr - Sieg Nord
    Main Spessart Bahn
    Rhein Ruhr Osten
    Great for heavy freight trains and relaxation.

C) Urban, flat, fast, and "boring":
    Hauptstrecke Rhein - Ruhr
    Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen
    Hauptstrecke München - Augsburg
    Intense passenger traffic and high speeds.

Besides, the same era, similar activities.
    Diversity comes to me in the differences between B and C.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  14. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

My guess would be time restraints. Some TS20xx routes were guilty of this while others weren't. Depended on the route and I'd expect TSW to be the same.

15. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I love the route, I thought the Koln-Aachen DLC was the best German route in TSW2 and 2020. But this has surely stolen the crown. Has lots more traffic due to the more freqeunt S-Bahn services and many layers of substitution.

• Like Like x 5
  16. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

The new or maybe the first masterpiece of Train Sim World. Forget the past. That's real railway. Hope to see the same details on HS1 and LGV routes.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  17. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reviews, I'm glad it's no release desaster and consider purchasing soon

• Like Like x 6
  18. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Another added feature seems to be delays. I was doing service RB 57011 to Munchen and got held up twice on route. First time was for 10 minutes I thought the dispatcher was broken at first but eventually got moving again. Then held just outside Munchen-Passing as an ICE service made its stop. Would of been nice to get a message saying expect delays due to... insert whatever reason. Anyway nice to experience delays.

• Like Like x 7
  19. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This feedback is great, appreciate the balance of pros and cons, thank you for taking the time to write it up.

• Like Like x 7
  20. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Hands down the best content to come out. The improvements and addition of PIS is a massive immersion booster & the route overall is wonderfully detailed with a massive verity of rolling stock and services on offer.
    The real hidden gem here is the BR423, brilliant to drive with a bit of a challenge around breaking, sounds fantastic looks stunning and with that color PIS system ohhhhhh icing on the cake.

This content shows what DTG can deliver and if this is the level there now aiming for oh boy the future is bright.

I don't often sing praise but this content is hands down the best DLC to come out for TSW. A+ DTG

• Like Like x 10
  21. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Wonderful, splendid, marvelous.. :love:

• Like Like x 2
  22. hightower

hightower Guest

I agree, it’s a very nice route. There are some issues with stutter (that have blighted all TSW2 content so far) but it’s definitely one if the best TSW DLC.

Bit of a curveball though - I asked for a refund. Why? Put simply, the pricing of these DLC is just all over the place. At £25 this is far better value than IOW at £20. £20 for 8 miles - ridiculous. However, £25 for 38 miles is still too much given the base game is 3 routes for the same amount. Maybe I’m on my own thinking it but I just don't think it’s worth the money. Just as you’re settling into your ICE journey it’s over, time to turn around and go back again.

For me these DLC also lose their charm all too quickly, which is why I believe people are always clamouring for the next thing. I’ve got a tonne of content that I’ve barely scratched the surface of. I’m definitely not the only one.

I will buy it again but when, and only when, it’s for sale at a price that in my opinion reflects the length and replay value of the route.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  23. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

I mean to each there own, you raise a good point however around losing there charm, and clamoring for the next thing or for some of us the next hit :D .
    To me this is where i find this DLC to stand head and shoulders above the others, it has a ton of variety on offer thanks to the additional layers, and i find the price reasonable for the amount of hours i get out of the content. To be clear not trying to counter your point opinions are our own, however I would say that thinking about DLC in a $ per meter of track is probably not the best way of weighting there perceived value.

German content for example is in a good place now, with a nice selection of locos and EMUs each new route has the possibility of been more faithful representation with a variety of stock to feature for me personally this raises the value add from each German DLC, however UK routes for example are the exact opposite right now. There content is fragmented between historical and current day meaning each new route is rather lack luster when it comes to verity as they simply don't have a decent catalogue of current locos to choose from, making them far less valuable to me personally as they currently struggle to provided the experience I am looking for. Point is value per Km/mile of track is a poor way of judging the value of a DLC.

• Like Like x 6
  24. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Over 400 services,my guess is that on the average each one takes 45 minutes (an optimistic estimation), so you get about 300 hours for for Euro 30. This is 10 cent per hour. You cannot complain about the price or route length. For an ICE it may be short, but with LZB and AFB on, it is long enough to feel the speed. There is no fun in a train doing it all by itself.

I am happy, yes Euro 30 is a lot of money and I do not have enough time to play every new route for 300 hours. That is more the issue than the price of an individual route. I think the layer systems gives me a lot of additional value.

• Like Like x 6
  25. hightower

hightower Guest

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, the fact that we disagree is fine! There may be 400+ services but I’d wager the VAST majority of players will not even complete a quarter of them because it’s just up and down the same 38 miles of track. Pretty as it may be, there is little variety (although I do like the rolling stock).

I’m very willing to accept that you may be right and I may well be wrong. It was the gut impression I got from seeing the route. Often it’s not just the length of a route, but the fact that every service is identical. There are never red signals, never anything different. Even the pathing of the service is the same. That’s the crux of it.

It looks like, to get even a half decent experience, you need to own a fair bit of ‘preserved DLC’. That would suggest that to get the full number of services, the combined purchase price would be something close to the Premium Deluxe version of Flight Sim 2020. Does it still seem value for money on that basis, for 38 miles?

I’ve said from the start of TSW that the routes (in my opinion) are too short. I’m simply stating that I’ve decided that from here on in I will buy them when I think the price reflects the value. If this were a 60-70 mile route then I would pay £25 for it without hesitation. I don’t get the strategy though...we’ve had 2 German routes in quick succession, both utilising the ICE. Would the logical thing not have been to have two routes that could be connected, forming something you could really get your teeth into?

I stand by the point that I’ve probably played between 25-30% of each individual DLC I’ve bought as they lose their appeal quickly, particularly when the next thing comes out or is always just over the horizon. Give it a day or so and these forums will be filled with hypothesis and clamouring for the next release.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  26. Shaun123

I’m sorry but if you’d have actually played the game a bit more, before having a strop and requesting a refund, you’ll see that there are in fact red signals.

I drove an ICE that was held outside München Hbf to let a service depart.

And similarly an S-Bahn service at Maisach, I was held to let another S-Bahn clear the single line.

There seems to be more AI interaction than we’ve had before.

I’m not going to force you to like the DLC, there are your opinions, of course! But when you say there are “no red signals” that does need to be corrected.

• Like Like x 6
  27. hightower

hightower Guest

You only get the route working as intended (including red signals) if you have all the layers. That’s well over £100 of content. I really don’t want to buy Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, something I’ve got no interest in (particularly given the sketchy nature of the preserved move to TSW2) just to get the full experience on this new DLC.

As you’ve alluded to, maybe this DLC is different. Maybe I didn’t give it long enough. My comment was based on every other DLC released so far though. Pretty much the only red signals you ever face are in scenarios. There is absolutely nothing dynamic about service mode at all. If that’s changed then that can only be a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Hi there,
    thought I add my thoughts on München-Augsburg here, too:

Scenery: Just lovely how you captured the towns and cities around the line. I just love how München looks during night time (good work with lit buildings). The yards look used and like they are part of a living world (constructions going on,...).

Track: The tracks are set well, no abprupt gradient change or curves.

Rolling stock: The BR 423 is lovely and a great pleasure to drive. The ICE 3 is also fun to drive around, like the fact you did not just changed the ICE 3M, but made the refurbished version this time.

Signalisation: Here I'm really biased, some parts are really well done, like the turn around in Maisach or when I was sent through whole München Hbf to Laim yard with an ICE 3 and all with shunting signals (Sadly the Sh1 in München Hbf did not gave me a Befehl 40 with PZB Befehl). Or when going into München Hbf on the mainline.
    Some parts are not really well done, like several Ks distant signals show the aspect of the next Ks main signal (like before Maisach you get a yellow distant without PZB active and then a yellow main/distant Ks signal with active PZB), some signals show an aspect I never saw in my whole live (ZS 3 with a red X?). Or Augsburg track 2 Exit signal shows Sh1 instead of a full train aspect (like the Exit signal in Köln track 8 on SKA).

Train security systems: LZB works like a charm, PZB has several hickups (mostly not active magnets on signals like on the S-Bahn ariund Mammendorf)

Service mode: The route is nicely crowded, but a few things I did notice: Several REs are driven with the BR 146 and Dosto which should clearly be a BR 440 (or a BR 425) since this train gets split into two trains in real life in Augsburg (like RE 57038 is split in Augsburg, first train goes to Ulm and second part as RE 57138 to Treuchtlingen) and it is a problem for the Dosto train to split into two seperate trains.
    The ICEs are following the original schedule, that is true, sadly the realism ends right there. ICEs change services like you throw a dice to do this, like ICE 592 (which is an ICE 4 in real life) turns into ICE 1502 (which is an ICE T in real life). That might not sound very important, but it makes a realistic substitution in the future (when new ICEs get released) very problematic (big service mode overwork) or even impossible (at least it looks to be very unlikely now). Also the use of 1 ICE set and 2 ICE sets for one train seems to be completely fictional too. The S-Bahn services are a great pleasure to drive, the S-Bahn network feels very crowded and realistic.

Overall: The route is very nice and I enjoy driving on it. Sadly the signalisation mistakes disturb the gameplay sometimes pretty much.
    And the service mode could do better (but probably that could always be and my hopes are just too high)

Greetings and always HP1,
    Higgybaby90

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

another DLC in alpha version ? :D

• Like Like x 1
  30. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

Glad to read that everyone is enjoying it so much! I currently don't have any route with an s-bahn train, so I'd like to get either RRO, HRR or HMA, but I cannot find a route map for HMA.

Can someone please check & tell me how many S-Bahn stops there are on HMA?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Munchen Hackerbrucke S3 S4
    Munchen Donnersbergerbrucke S3 S4
    Munchen Hirschgarten S3 S4
    Munchen-Laim S3 S4
    Munchen-Pasing S3 S4
    Munchen-Langwied S3
    Munchen-Lochhausen S3
    Grobenzell S3
    Olching S3
    Esting S3
    Gernlinden S3
    Maisach S3
    Malching (Oberbay) S3
    Mammendorf S3

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  32. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

PIS certainly adds life to a station.

• Like Like x 2
  33. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

but do not work in the red train as stated

• Like Like x 1
  34. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Which red train? Do you mean the interior display of the 423? Yeah its not a game breaker imo, and may get retro fixed.
    The extra layer 422 or Dosto wont display the correct destinations as DTG havent built the tech to enable it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  35. rat7_mobile

I am not saying that it is deal breaker, however when I had the chance to see 90min video with a guy with pink rabbit hear on his head, it was stated that the panel inside the red train were working, and even showing color, I am just a little bit disappointed that it does not work, or may it is just me that does not know how to do it

• Like Like x 2
  36. breblimator

breblimator Guest

DTG video was reliable in this matter - it does not work inside.

37. rat7_mobile

Well in the video, I do not know who made it, it said the PIS in the red train is working, and with color, in my copy, it does not even lit in yellow like the other route, much less in color, maybe it is a switch in the train that I do not activate as I do not know where this one is

38. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

All passenger all the time -- no appeal whatsoever for me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s great to hear so many people are satisfied with this route, despite its bugs and flaws (which is to be expected as it’s a new route)

Hopefully this is the new standard of quality for routes from now on, and not just a one off ‘high point’.

• Like Like x 1
  40. rat7_mobile

I agree, despite the PIS in the red train not working, I love the route

41. hightower

hightower Guest

FWIW,

Given the strength of feeling towards this route I figured that maybe I had been a bit hasty in requesting a refund, so bought it for a second time.

I honestly stand by the majority of what I said above. It’s a fantastic route with good rolling stock. I would agree this is now a benchmark by which all future releases will be measured...put simply it is the best TSW DLC. At 38 miles I still believe it is too short but the one thing I admittedly missed the first time around (in the 2hrs Steam give you) was the variety and for that reason I think, on balance, it is probably worth £25.

If DTG are able to push these routes out by a factor of somewhere between 1.5 - 2.0 then for me they’ll be the perfect length. That, or look to make routes that can be joined together for extra distance.

Anyway, that’s an aside. This route is great & I was wrong about it’s value, particularly when put up against IOW. That’s a different story altogether.

For the first time in a good while I’m optimistic about what’s to come for TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  42. breblimator

breblimator Guest

And do we pay for the track length or do we pay for the quality because I am lost? Which is better - a kilogram of unpalatable cheese or a more expensive less than a kilogram of this exquisite one? Is there an official conversion rate? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  43. hightower

hightower Guest

It depends what you’re after I guess :) If you want it to melt onto a pizza then it’s one thing, if you want it to drink with a good bottle of wine then it’s entirely another.

Sometimes it doesn’t hurt for it to be both. What’s worse is when it’s neither.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  44. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

On consoles this fine cheese is still in the cow.

• Like Like x 5
  45. hightower

hightower Guest

That genuinely made me laugh out loud :)

• Like Like x 3
  46. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Epic metaphor. I confirm :D :D :D

• Like Like x 3
  47. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

There is, but it varies based on the individual. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  48. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

i hate cheese ..

• Like Like x 1
  49. hightower

hightower Guest

No one seems to have mentioned this btw...

I cannot tell you how cool it is to see that DTG have FINALLY added some life to stations and we're no longer staring at blank, black windows. It's not even a pasted 2D image either!

It seems like a bit of a big deal to me, and something I've been wanting to see ever since GWE was released. Much more of this please :love:

(If only it had been a cheese shop....)

TSW2_James_1603740598_00.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  50. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I'm very impressed by the S-bahn services. However, they could've added some more S-Bahn services from Pasing to Hackerbrücke in timetable mode (S6, S8), similar to S4 to have the S-bahn as crowded as in reality on that part of track. Probably this would have killed performance on consoles, though.

The signals are sometimes without active PZB although they should have a magnet activated (signalling 90 kph or less). In the evening, two S-Bahn services terminate in Maisach and should be driven into the siding from which they emerge in the morning. But those two shunting services miss, in Mammendorf the siding jobs in the evening exist correctly. However, the first two services from Mammendorf do not stop in Mammendorf and bypass the station, coming from the siding. The Pasing sidings are also underutilized by the S-bahn. I believe there is one service that operates without stop to Hackerbrücke and can experience black signals with LZB on.

It's nice that ICEs are driven from and to depot. The timetable is accurate and on the route the crowding is realistic. One RB line is missing from Augsburg to Kissing but that's OK. Traffic in Munich is MUCH more crowded in reality. But adding timetable services only from portal to Munich Hbf and back again would likely only tank performance without giving any playable options.

To the big negative for me: I cannot use really anything in the scenario planner. Only 3 tracks in Munich Hbf can be selected but the route offers so much more. For example: I'd like to let an S-bahn service start in Munich Hbf and join the S-bahn line in Donnersberger Brücke (some RB services in reality do that) and leaving the S-bahn again in Mammendorf, continuing on the normal line. Only two freight sidings can be selected (one in Augsburg, one in Munich), but the route offers so much more. Of the three tracks in Munich, one is locked to RE path to Augsburg and one to ICE path. Why? It is not a limitation of the route.

In general, the new routes of TSW are awesome in their theoretical possibilities in terms of usable sidings, signals and possible pathways. But this potential cannot be realized, because the scenario planner severely limits what options I have available. Of all the 3000 signals in Munich, effectively, only a handful are ever used by the timetable services and even fewer by custom scenarios.

Furthermore, the dispatcher still does not support overtaking another train. Lastly, in custom scenarios all trains on the eastbound RE path to Munich travel from Mammendorf on the wrong track until joining the high speed line after Maisach.

Therefore, my final impression is: good but a lot of unused potential.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2