Euro Fishing Would Like To Give Some Suggestions To The Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by transparo21, Jan 24, 2018.

1. transparo21

transparo21 New Member

Hi everyone :)

My first time posting here and would to post some suggestion to the game. Played and enjoyed the game initially. Would like it to succeed and compete with other fishing games out there.

1) Please give us new fish species so each lake feels different and unique. I'd happily pay for a DLC that introduces new 2 to 3 species to each existing lake in addition to the ones in the purchased lake.
    2) Additional cosmetic item to our characters. This can be given as reward for certain in-game quests or challenges.
    3) Some form of light economy for spending TP. Saw it mentioned somewhere in this forum and agree with the concept.
    4) Allow us an option on fish landing screen to keep our fish or release them. Fish that we keep can be kept in a personal pond and ability to view them in 3D.
    5) Fishing on a boat would be a new (and good) change.
    6) More varied multi-player modes, such as top-three weights, score mode for only specific types of fish, or even a mixture of AI and human players.
    7) Additional tournaments feature, like sponsored teams : Korda vs Wofte for example. Player can select which sponsor to represent before entering. If the player team wins. the player can get exclusive items from that sponsor (skins, cosmetics, items etc.)
    8) Expand on different baits and fishing methods (Adjusting float depths, bait types for specific type of fish etc.)
    9) Daily Quests with some specific conditions to flavor up game play that reward the player for XP/TP or special consumables.

Hope some of you great people at Dovetail read this and can find something useful from my humble ideas.

Cheers and happy fishing!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Wouldnt disagree with any of the above. Sadly, especially the different species debate and requests have been raging on here for a long time and all we have managed so far is another carp species. The game still has many bugs that haven't or wont be sorted out it seems but Dovetail seem very reluctant or cant sort them out. I love the game and like many can see how it could be elevated to something really special for a fishing sim (thinking Fishsim 2 on the PC) but my confidence of this ever happening is waining by the day... We still have fish that cant be caught in lakes that were released ages ago, multiplayer bugs and constant graphics issues to name just a few things. I am at the "hope" stage rather than confident anything you mentioned or even all the bugs will be fixed. It's a shame as when I first started playing and joined this forum I had read many people commenting with the current mindset that I now have but it seems finally the second part of last year that Dovetail had finally taken things more seriously and were prepared to give this a proper go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I like just apart everything mentioned apart from Fishing on a boat. I do think its more important Dovetail fix some of the current problems before adding anymore changes or lakes.

4. transparo21

transparo21 New Member

Agree that boat-fishing is a bit of a long shot but hey. if they managed to fix the more pressing bugs and enough people want it, they just might pin it on their roadmap somewhere :D

Considering they released the game in multiple platforms and just done a big update/patch in the beginning of this year, let's wish they continue to keep our "hopes" alive....... and maybe someday, we can enjoy this game in the way it should be truely.

5. harold

harold Active Member

need to get a major developer involved thisgame would be a gold mine for dovetail if they listen to what gamers want i would pay for more different fish and a river but bugs need fixing first must admit dovetail have sorted fish going threw land and moving baits out my major moan if they sort out missing boss fish out its a major step up

6. ATGod12

ATGod12 New Member

This list covers most of what the games needs to be properly fleshed out! Character customisation would simply just be a lot more satisfying, than the less than mediocre presets.. And especially more variety in species! One thing I believe could send this game down the wrong path, would be if Dovetail is gonna continuously focus only on new lakes. I was very happy to see Koi and Ghost carp introduced, but it's gonna need more variety.

7. transparo21

transparo21 New Member

Did some research on fish stocking on different lakes esp. UK Ones (Digger lakes, St. John's to name a few). It's stock is majorly Carp with a few other species here and there. So in keeping with the lore of the game, they may not be able to implement a whole lot of new species on existing lakes apart from missing ones that exist IRL, like Pike and Perch.

So with limited species the game mechanics need to really standout.

Also found this in Linear Fishery that sound's interesting :

Hunts Corner Pond is a cracking little water for those who do not want to catch carp. This small pond which is only open to fish during the day with one rod, holds a quality head of tench to 10lb, carp, silvers and perch and is perfect for those who enjoy float fishing or somewhere to bring the kids!

A good venue to promote float fishing and provide something different for a change (a place where you can only fish with single rod, no pegs).

8. transparo21

transparo21 New Member