PlayStation Köln-aachen Or München Augsburg (which Route Is Better?)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by w.lichko, Oct 23, 2020.

1. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Hi all! I have SKA but have not purchased HMA yet. I am still on the fence. How much more does HMA offer and is it a better overall route? Because they are quite similar in terms of rolling stock and route "type".

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m liking HMA more than SKA so far. The route in HMA seems a lot more complex and definitely more varied, such as use of the depots, which I always find quite fun.

• Like Like x 5
  3. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

The route is more complex, and I find the short, quick stopping 423 service more fun than the Talent 2 in SKA.

However, there are some definite performance issues on SKA which will hopefully be resolved soon.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I've not picked up HMA yet, but after playing the base SKA route to death, I picked up RRO instead of HMA which adds S-Bahn trains to SKA. That may be a good option if you want to drive the tracks that you normally don't use on standard SKA, and want S-Bahn services like HMA offers, so you can visit the local stations on SKA. Of course you also get the bonus of having the RRO route as well. I'm sure I'll pick up HMA at some point, but not at the moment.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I was in the same boat. I am wanting to purchase the HMA, but am not sure if the performance issues would dramatically drop the fun and experience.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I only have a base PS4 and I am enjoying the route.

But going by a lot of the moans and groans from others about this and many other things maybe I don't have such high expectations from a game as a lot of others.

7. xblackwolf90

It's still fun and I'm enjoying it.

As long as you're prepared for some stuttering here and there, go for it. If stuttering would kill the fun for you, hold off for now

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rail Runner

Brilliant! Cheers for the heads up.
    I found that turning off the hud makes it stutter less, so I will do that then.
    :)

9. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

I am talking for Consoles.

Cologne - Aachen is better, cause a lot of traffic without problems and satisfaction.

Munich - Augsburg is boring without Layers.
    The Children loves the S4 with 115 Services and this Line is not primary. There is no local and freightservice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. xblackwolf90

Definitely personal preference.

I prefer to drive the Munich - Augsburg route, as I find the route itself more complex and interesting. However, without the layers, Cologne - Aachen definitely offers more variety and more AI trains. Hopefully once the layers issue is resolved, it'll be great.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

I hope they fixed it.
    The Route is very nice, i have driven before the hotfix and it was quite fun, but now sorry it is really boring.
    I love to get out of the train and use the train as passenger but without Layers it is fun to see a lonely Station. Yeah we've got covid19 but this is going to far.

Anyway I found it strange, they need only 24 hours for a hotfix which makes Addon boring and for a necessary hotfix Baureihe 146, 143 they need more than 4 Weeks.

They really hate console players .

• Like Like x 4
  12. PeRu4171

PeRu4171 New Member

First, both routes are worth playing. Lovely detailled and real joy on PS4 Pro!
    On the other hand the missing passengers make you feel really lonely on the track...
    Bring them back!!!!!

13. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Me too, but to be honest I think you'll want to have both routes in the end, because of the loco add-ons and DLC's coming in the future. I think both routes will receive up to 2 loco add-ons in their lifetime. They'll both end up being busy busy routes.

I created a thread for possible passenger loco DLC's for HMA, check it out! :) =
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/münchen-augsburg-passenger-loco-add-on-suggestions.29275/

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I haven’t picked up HMA yet, as I’m worried that with all the DLC that I have on my console, that the route will crash or glitch out like on SKA. Though from what I’ve seen on YouTube, the gameplay looks good and I have already added HMA to my basket on the store and will get it once I get paid.

• Like Like x 2
  15. LuPatrenX

LuPatrenX Member

They don't hate console players. They already said (a while ago) for consoles, they have to send out the update a couple weeks further ahead (likely missing any fixes PC has) because those are the rules of the MS and PS stores. With PC, they can send out a fix mere days before, so it gets more polish.

16. Rail Runner

I am in the exact same position regarding space. Waiting until the Sale now as am not willing to pay the full if it will hardly get used due to poor FPS

17. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Hold on with München-Augsburg. SKA is better right now and on PlayStation HMA is not good enough. Especially without any services to enjoy.
    Driving with ICE and S Bahn is enjoyable but SKA with all it's services is thousand times better. Plus frame rate is pretty good on SKA.
    So hold on until all the layers come available on console for HMA.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. kennyjamesscott

I actually recommend you to consider HRR, RSN and MSB as well if you don't have them and 155 is fun to drive as well. Plus you get routes busier as well.
    Those with SKA and RRO are those German routes I personally enjoy the most. Rapid Transit and 182 are personal taste. I have those to have my German collection complete.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

If youre happy to wait for the extra layers. Then Munich -Augsburg.

20. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

Both are good routes. One (SKA) is longer with a higher speed, while the other (HMA) has a more varied environment and the ICE 3 has a better computer interface for me personally. I prefer Munchen to Augsburg because of the significance of the cities that you're driving between, the environment is more interesting, and the Munich area in the game is brilliant despite the framerate drops.

I think the S-Bahn services on the MA are little more enjoyable as well. I'm not a huge fan of the talent 2, but that;s just me.

21. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi
    Were the performance problems with Munich - Ausburg already fixed for PS4?
    I am thinking to buy this route now, as I cancelled when all the problems appeared at the beginning.
    I know the Preserved Collection extra services were the problem, and were removed.
    But this means you can use this route in this console mostly smoothly?

Performance improvements DTG mentioned it will be done, were applied yet?
    I did not noticed on the last Roadmap

I will appreciate your comments about it, in order to decide to buy it know or wait.
    Thanks

22. xblackwolf90

There have been no performance increases for HMA as yet. The route is playable, but the frame rate is below any of the other routes.

23. Rail Runner

I have just got it on PS4. It is very enjoyable, although it does drop in FPS quite rapidly around München. When you pass München-Passing, the FPS picks up. If you can play with the HUD off, it is a lot better.
    I would recommend it.

24. kennyjamesscott

Short answer to your question is: No!

If you didn't buy it before for the reasons given, don't buy it now but if you are willing to put on with 3-5 second freezes and huge framedrops...

It is nice route for ICE services, I do admit thou. It is up to you thou if you want to buy it or not. If you want to drive ICE or 423 then go for it.

I must say, München Hbd is pretty impressive thou.

25. grdaniel48

David, Railrunner and Kenny:
    Thank you so much for your comments and advises about it
    Really appreciate it!.
    I will wait for the performance improvement from DTG on console then.
    Regards

• Like Like x 2
  26. kennyjamesscott

I just hope that they nail the next coming routes as three disappointing routes in a row would be no good.
    They had two big mishaps in a row by now (TS: West Coast Mainline and TSW: München-Augsburg

27. grdaniel48

Well as I have to discard MA route now, and LGV does not seems to be an interesting route for me - despite I like TGV so much, but just 1 train and not so long route for high speed trains of more than 300 kph -, I have all my expectations on the Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras - Faversham one! Hope will be available before the end of the year! Ideal for Christmas...;)

• Like Like x 1
  28. Rail Runner

Yes. I’m quite looking forward to the HS1! Going to try and see what speeds I can get out of a 395; I managed 370kmh out of the Class 403 from HMA, so looking forward to making the run down HS1.

29. kennyjamesscott

It would be nice gift indeed. Last year we got ECW for Christmas so the one can hope but thinking it is already December.... It probably won't happen.

30. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Sam just said in the stream that the Faversham route isn’t this year

31. grdaniel48

Yes I believe that too.
    Mainly considering LGV TGV one, will be for December 17th.
    When I wrote my message I believed it will be launched soon, like this week.
    It is a pity, because I will have my holidays the first 2 weeks of January, so much time to enjoy the sim!
    Mainly due to as covid situation no chances to travel abroad.

• Like Like x 1
  32. kennyjamesscott

I'm hoping to beat the restrictions and go abroad no matter what for Christmas. If I say abroad, read home as I actually live abroad :)
    I truly hope that corollavirus eventually calm down. Hoping for a small Christmas miracle over here as otherwise getting back to Finland is gonna be fun that I do not fancy.

33. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Thank god I didn't buy that Toyota.

• Like Like x 3
  34. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Obviously you're referring to the "corollavirus" :-D

• Like Like x 3