Hl German Signalling System Proposal

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by w.lichko, Oct 26, 2020.

1. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone would like to see the Hl signaling system in the sim? I certainly would!
    These signals originate from the old East Germany (DDR) and are still in use today. It is the most complex german signaling system. Currently, we have the Ks and H/V signaling system in TSW 2, maybe one day DTG or a third-party developer will implement it if there's enough interest. It's a really unique signaling system (Hl) there are even BLUE aspects!!

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 10.36.14.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 10.04.42.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, that looks very complex indeed! So complex that I want ti see it at some stage in the game :D

It'd go well with an East German route set in the 80s for example, with locos and rolling stock to go with it, and this signalling system... I'd like to see that, and now that 3rd party developees have joined in (Rivet and Skyhook) there is a bigger chance of getting something like that...

Anyway, it would be very cool to have this system, I support it!

Oh, BTW, what do the blue expects mean? :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. w.lichko

Exactly, thank you. It would be very very cool and an unique experience! Hopefully one day we'll get this signaling system and a heritage german route!!
    The blue aspects are quite interesting. Basically, in some yards and branch lines pushed trains do not require the head to be manned, so there is a special aspect, Hl S (Schubhalt, stop for pushed trains). That means the loco in the rear must stop short of this signal (while the train head has then already passed the signal).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that this system is being replaced by the Ks system.

5. w.lichko

You're right, the Ks system was introduced in the '90s and replaced most of the Hl signals. But even today there are still quite a lot of lesser dense routes where the Hl system remains.
    You could also develop a heritage route set in the '70s-'80s where this system was widely used. I doubt DTG will develop a route like this, but maybe a third-party developer will. Who knows!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1