Back To The Future In Hma Service Mode?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Higgybaby90, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Hey, I really didn't know how I could name this suggestion.
    But mostly it is the question why DTG did choose the time they did when creating HMA's service mode.
    Right now we drive the trains in (I think Matt said) September 2020. Which is a pretty odd choice to be honest. Why? Because the route Augsburg-München is running a "special schedule" from April 11. to October 31. Because of a big construction between Mannheim and Stuttgart. This sounds far away, but it does affect München-Augsburg too.

To make it short: Maybe DTG could look at changing the service mode to the "regular" one outside this construction time.
    This would mean no change to RE/RB or S-Bahn services, it would only change ICE train traffic.
    Mostly it would add a few more ICE trains.
    To München:
    ICE 511 from Cologne Dep. Augsburg:09:55 Arr München:10:27 (ICE4 in real life)
    ICE 513 from Münster Dep. Augsburg:11:55 Arr München:12:27 (2XICE3 in real life)
    ICE 515 from Dortmund Dep. Augsburg:13:55 Arr München:14:27 (ICE4 in real life)

To Augsburg:
    ICE 518 to Dortmund Dep. München:11:28 Arr Augsburg:12:00 (ICE4 in real life)
    ICE 516 to Dortmund Dep. München:13:28 Arr Augsburg:14:00 (2XICE3 in real life)
    ICE 514 to Hamburg Dep. München:15:28 Arr Augsburg:16:00 (ICE4 in real life)
    ICE 512 to Köln Dep. München:17:28 Arr Augbsurb:18:00 (ICE4 inreal life)

Right now these trains are not ingame (due to the "special schedule" DTG used as reference.
    But I think it would be pretty interesting, since these trains are exactly the ICE line that uses the ingame ICE3 in real life sometimes (but mostly ICE4). And it would add a handful of new services to the base DLC (which I guess many here would like).
    Of course this would mean to change a few of the already ingame ICE's departure/arrival times too. But not too heavy from what I could see on the real life schedule.

For everybody who wants to know: These trains aren't really missing from the real life schedule right now (construction schedule) they just end/start in Stuttgart, Mannheim or Karlsruhe right now. Between München and there, IC trains with BR 101 are used to get a connecting train.

Just thought to mention that DTG is using this "construction schedule" instead of the "regular" one, maybe someone wanted to know ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As the route doesn’t even work with the trains it already has in it I don’t think adding extra services would be a good idea right now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I would like to know how many services will fit on the map at the moment.

4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Hm. I can understand why someone might want these additional services, but personally I don't mind it the way it is. I see enough ice services around so that's fine.
    Plus I really like the "snapshot" effect some of these routes have. For example, main Spessart Bahn did undergo construction which added another tunnel to work around the Spessart ramp climb, relatively recently as well. But in this game the ramp climb is preserved forever!
    It is kinda the same with HMA and the Augsburg construction site

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheRealisticAussie

TheRealisticAussie Member

You could make these services using the Scenario Planner.