The Catch Question About Availability Of All Boss Fish

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeafGunslingerX, Oct 12, 2020.

1. DeafGunslingerX

DeafGunslingerX New Member

Question: Are all boss fish available in single player fishing? Are some bosses only available during special events or other multiplayer games? If the latter, that's pretty disappointing as I prefer solo play and hope to catch all boss eventually. Just wondering. Thanks - Jon.

2. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

Pretty sure you can get them all. Don't have any proof though other than it was possible in the older games.
    The devs probably could answer this but somehow I doubt we'll live long enough to see that happen.

3. DeafGunslingerX

OK, thanks. I was hoping for that. I'm trying for all the bosses in single player only. Focusing on Pearl Lake atm and so far I'm at 20/25 bosses. Jon.

4. Anglerpj

Anglerpj New Member

I’m starting to think boss fish are glitched/not there. River Ebro seems impossible to catch a trophy carp or wels catfish... pearl lake and oxlease seem to be the only places with most of the bosses actually there.

5. mactrack644

mactrack644 New Member

Caught plenty of specimen Carp, Wels, Channel, Zander & Eels but no boss on Ebro ( no boss on Lake Mikel either) but plenty of boss on Pearl so you’re not alone

6. DeafGunslingerX

Wish the devs would give us a def answer as I'm still struggling to find 3 remaining bosses at Pearl Lake: Blingo, Momo, and Dumpling. Most of my time is spent looking for Blingo but I'm starting to think he is a special event only boss. I'll focus more on Momo and Dumpling as I have been seeing very large Mekongs swim by sometimes.

7. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Everyone, all Boss Fish are available in solo mode. None of the fish are locked behind special events. Time of day is super important for catching certain Boss Fish. For the best chance of catching Blingo, I'd recommend sunrise/morning. Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  8. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

What times best for the wels cat bosses in ebro dgtclarkey?

9. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

jamesburns34 Wels Catfish are most active from very late at night right through to sunrise. Hope you get to land one soon!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DeafGunslingerX

Thanks so much for your response DTG Clarkey!

• Like Like x 1
  11. mactrack644

mactrack644 New Member

Wels are available but any chance of a boss isn’t, happy to be proven wrong

12. Anglerpj

Anglerpj New Member

I’m pretty sure one of us would have caught a boss carp or wels catfish in Ebro by now if they actually were there? Looked online for hours no proof of a single person catching one. And the specimen size carp 60+ lb look like they’re 30lbs. It’s just a joke at this point cause your being told to come on here to try to calm us down but you can’t get anymore information than we can at this point.

13. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi everyone, I have some stats from the team on catch rates for the Boss Fish, specifically the Wels Catfish. So far The Bull has only been caught 3 times, Matador 2 times, and Baggie just once. These are very rare and hard to catch Boss Fish. Remember that multiple things come into play here, time of day, the rig and location. Getting all of these things right gives you a much better chance to catch these fish.

14. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

I caught the smaller of the two Zander bosses a few days ago

15. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Surely they can be caught with the same rig that every other wels can be caught on?i'v caught 287 wels cat fish,but no boss yet.

16. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

jamesburns34 It's not just the rig, many things come into play here, especially the time of day and location. These specific wels are very rare as you can see from the catch rate.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steph.vetters

steph.vetters Member

Wouldn't you say 3, 2, .. total of a specific boss fish caught across 3 platforms, game out for months warrants more then, "oh but location and time of day are important."? I am sure you will pass it onto the mysterious dev team and then we never hear of it again. Please apply common sense and play your own game. Everything feels inconsistent. Some players have clearly figured some stuff out looking at discrepancies in leaderboards and that info is only shared in those circles. The info of bait/reel/rod/location on this website hasn't helped me at all. I have not even been able to catch a single Wels on Ebro, on any peg/boat location, silt/gravel, roach, roach head, essential cell, night time, sunrise, all weather types... Only thing that's bites are legions of eel and a sporadic sub 8kg channel catfish.

Edit: a question about the heatmaps showing where certain boss fish were caught. Are these the locations where the boss was hooked or where it got netted?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  18. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

steph.vetters I mentioned yesterday, but the catch rate is something we check and this lake is one we are evaluating. If players feel that it should be made easier, then this of course would need to be passed onto the mysterious dev team as they are the ones that would have to implement the changes. Congrats on your Wels catch that you made earlier today though, that was a great land.

In terms of the heat map let me chase that first thing tomorrow and get an answer for you.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Boilie

Boilie New Member

I agree with steph.vetters there has to of been thousands and thousands of fish caught on that river at every possible time of day and rig combination and to only have a few bosses caught is suspicious.

20. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

steph.vetters the heat maps for the boss fish work around where you netted the fish. I hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

I seem to catch more using afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  22. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi jamesburns34, the Wels Catfish are available to catch at all times of the day, it's just more likely they'll be popping up around Late evening to Sunrise.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Boilie

Boilie New Member

I caught the smallest wels catfish at Rotterdam the other day should of saved a snap shot.

• Like Like x 1