What Do You Think Of An S-bahn Route From Berlin?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by phillip-2612, Oct 25, 2020.

1. phillip-2612

phillip-2612 New Member

Berlin is the capital of Germany.
    Well, I've been wondering since the Train Simulator has existed and I don't mean the MSTS with legends between Spree & Oder or Train Simulator 2021 with German Railroads AddOn S25.

Somehow I would have a lot of fun exploring the Ringbahn or other longer stretches of Berlin. Since you now almost know all the routes by heart (Munich-Augsburg (now NEW), or Hagen - Siegen, Hagen - Finnentrop, Hagen - Wuppertal HBF.

A Berlin S-Bahn line with the AddOns locomotives (BR 477, BR 485 Coke can, BR 481 diving goggles and the BR 480 toaster)

Of course, you could also use the RegionalExpress or partial routes with the ICE 1
    (ICE1 is also missing e.g. as an add-on)

Even if the new TSW is dedicated to the newer or current routes, a detour into Berlin's past would be a nice thing.

Imagine you are Berliners like me and always had the desire to become an S-Bahn railcar driver. The wish could come true with TSW. It would be a fantastic gaming experience, especially with the realistic graphics of the Unreal Engine. There would even be a multiplayer with ranked AI server which allows you to join the correct server according to driving statistics. (Good drivers on the bad driver server & good drivers on the good driver server)

What would you think of it?

S-Bahn route from Berlin

Yes or no.

Maybe something can be achieved here through this thread.

Because seeing the same train stations over and over again is boring.

Often included in different simulators are Hagen, Munich, Siegen, Cologne, etc.

It's about time you don't think so ???

Looking forward to comments =)

• Like Like x 2
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I’d like this route.

Here’s some questions though, why does the Berlin S-Bahn use different Rolling Stock than something like the Munich S-Bahn?

How far are stations usually spaced?

Does it have elevated/underground tracks?

Does it go into the middle of the City?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Krober

Krober Member

The S-Bahn Berlin uses a different stock of trains because they have a power rail on the ground and not above the train. Also it is a tradition company.

the space between two stations is very different in the suburban it may be 1 to 5 km and in the city it cann be just meters between two.

Yes the S-Bahn has elevated and underground stations. Some lines drive with 6 or 7 stations in the underground. Others never see the underground. Very different lines have been made in Berlin.

The most stations go into the city 2 S-Bahn lines circle around the city. Others come from outside, go in the middle and then go out at the other side.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. phillip-2612

phillip-2612 New Member

I missed the S-Bahn Berlin in TSW

Berlin is a very nice City with many Stations on underground and overground.

DTG plse give us a Workshop on Steam for mods

when will there finally a multiplayer????

sry for my english. its google translator ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

I have thought since my first time there that having one of the routes going through center of the city past Alexanderplatz would be wonderful to have, though likely a hell of a lot of work to model.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

After doing some research on the Berlin S-Bahn, I think I want to see the Station named “Alexanderplatz” in the game.

• Like Like x 2