Route Building Assets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by humorlinks, Sep 8, 2020.

1. humorlinks

humorlinks New Member

It would be very helpful if certain generic assets could be made available via an official Steam DLC when route building. For publishing to the Steam Workshop the assets must be available on Steam. These would include: -

Individual white alphabet letters, numerals and symbols for use in creating station name boards etc.

Various coloured thin plain background squares for placing the letters.

Individual stone or brick blocks, both square and quarter-circle, suitable for constructing buildings.

Generic flat windows, generic flat doors, generic roofs, generic arches.

Generic railings/handrails.

Various town and park statues.

The ubiquitous station newsagent stand.

Station lavatories with "Gentlemen" and "Ladies" signs.

"Way Out" signs.

School buildings.

Market buildings - meat, fish etc.

Children.

People carrying luggage.

Naval vessels for dockyards.

Cobbled streets.

If DTG would kindly make these available in the Steam Store, either by including them in future routes, or preferably by issuing an asset pack, it would be extremely helpful. Alternatively, perhaps some enterprising and skilled asset-maker could create these and sell an asset pack on the steam marketplace.

Of course there are always workarounds, but making these available would make life so much easier.

• Like Like x 5
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Most of what you ask for is available from UKTS, for free if you can stand the wait to download or for a nominal fee if you want immediate and fast downloads

• Like Like x 1
  3. humorlinks

humorlinks New Member

Dear ARuscoe.

As I said in my opening post "For publishing to the Steam Workshop the assets must be available on Steam."

I am well aware of UKTrainSim and all the other third party sites. That was not the issue here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Minerman146

Minerman146 Member

Humorlinks - as a route builder in Workshop I couldn't agree more. Let me add the following:
    Modular Walls, Roofs, Cornice, building Foundations, and the ability to change the color of buildings.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Perhaps the Workshop should allow 3rd party content.

• Like Like x 2
  6. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I personally agree with this. They should do that or adopt a workshop model like other sims that allow modded content to be easily downloaded. Or like with Minerman146, the kitbashing route builder extraordinaire, being able create and mesh assets together and post them on the workshop, for possible use in other routes and such.

Reskins, while not endorsed, should also be something in the workshop as well. There are sims, like Truck sim that allow such things to take place, instead of having to find sites that may not be reliable, or have those supplied with no readme's and leaving people stuck, or possibly figuring out how to install something, and possibly messing with their game.