PlayStation S19 Hennef Head To Head At Sindorf Ska

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stujoy, Oct 22, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I thought I’d try some S-bahn drives on SKA in the BR422

First service I drive and I come across a red signal just before Sindorf caused by another BR422 trying to drive the other way on the same track.

This is on the 0943 S19 Hennef(Sieg) service.

It appears that this train has entered the single track section despite there being no clear route because I’m coming the other way.

First attempt at a new service layer and it doesn’t work. Unlucky? Possibly. EDIT - not unlucky, see post below...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Okay, I tried the 1143 service and this time I was held up at a red signal while I was still on the double track after Buir station. The train coming in the opposite direction is held at a red signal despite the track ahead being clear because I’m still on the other track. I was checking the map and the train seems to have been held at that signal for a while before I get close to it.

The whole layer is broken. DTG Natster one for immediate attention I think.

• Like Like x 4
  3. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Same. I'm stranded at a red 7km outside of Sindorf because another s-Bahn train ahead of me is stuck. Cannot complete this service.(S19_EASTBOUND_20_P)

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Appreciate you bringing this to my attention, I've made a note and it will be looked into.

• Like Like x 5
  5. kevin.charb81

Thanks, you're the best!

Ironically, I went into this service to see if I too would succumb to the reported crash when arriving into Koln, and discovered this instead.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kevin.charb81

stujoy outside of SKA, are RRO and other German DLC running smoothly?

7. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Just tried the 09:43 service and get the same thing. Red light along the single track section, look in the map and there’s another service sat at Sindorf platform.

I’ve noticed if you spawn in at Sindorf on foot at 9:40 that the offending service will pull up at Sindorf and then carry on up the single line, passing the 09:43 when it gets to the next double track section.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Class395

Class395 Active Member

RRO is running very smooth at least for me

9. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I can confirm this is a problem on the 09:43, 10:03 and 11:43 S Bahn services heading towards Koln. I've had success on the 8:03 and 10:40 outbound from Koln, but have failed so far to find any services arriving into Koln that don't have this issue. Needs urgent attention DTG Natster as it's completely breaking these services on SKA for the BR422 from RRO.

• Like Like x 2
  10. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

We do test our products - A fact mentioned by DTG several times previously.

Sadly DTG don't seem to resolve identified bugs as part of the testing process.

• Like Like x 3
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It was ‘revealed’ in a live stream that the testing brings up the problems and all the departments sit round a table (or virtual table) and decide whether to release or not, knowing what they know.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

No problem except the usual crash approaching Köln on the 05:43 Hennef(Sieg) service.
    Xbox

Sorry I won't waste my time doing runs ending up in a crash so I won't do any other runs with any service towards Köln until I can get an Series X or the rollout of what improvement they are working on. So no help from me for this particular issue. I hope running enough services you'll be able to figure out what causes that problem

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

Happened to me too. Not directly but as I was driving a train on the high speed section of the track I was able to see both BR422 stopped head to head on the s-bahn track.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

After some more attempted services, I've come to the conclusion that all services that start at either xx:03 or xx:43 are broken, and will have issues with a head to head on reds, so you can't finish the journey. These are services that start at Duren. However, the xx:23 services that also start at Duren seem to be ok (I've driven 14:23 to completion ok). I've not yet seen any problems with services that start at Koln, or those that start at Sindorf. I've obviously not attempted to drive every scenario, but of the many I've tried, the above conclusion appears correct. If anyone else has had success on the services starting at xx:03 or xx:43 please post the service details here.

Assuming all those xx:03 and xx:43 services are broken, this needs attention as it renders a large chunk of services unplayable DTG Natster DTG Protagonist

15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Can you try the 05:43? I did it without a problem? Maybe you want to record or stream it? I would be interesting to see what's different between my run and yours, or stream a run you know for sure will end up in an head-on?

I'll stream the 05:43 praying it won't crash and then post the link here, hopefully we'll able to work out the problem I can't resist ahah

05:43 S19
    http://www.twitch.tv/fd1003/v/781267039?sr=a&t=3s

Managed to get past Sindorf (at minute 14:54)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  16. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

The 05:43 seems not to have the issue. In fact, it seems that the earliest xx:43 service that does have this problem is the 09:43.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. DTG Natster

This is already being looked into, however I will chase it up tomorrow and see where we are at. Appreciate your continued patience with this as I can understand it being frustrating.

• Like Like x 3
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll try the 09:43 this afternoon, and try to catch the difference between the 05:43 and that, at the end all the trains are running, it didn't seem like during the early part of the morning there are less trains around, so I wonder what's the cause

19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I drove a service from Köln and when I got to Horrem there were two trains stopped at the station going in the opposite direction. When I’d finished the run, I spawned back there on foot to watch these three trains arriving at the station in quick succession. The S19 train that was supposed to come parallel to the Talent going towards Köln didn’t arrive and I saw on the map it was just stopped at a signal. It’s quite the erratic bug with the same train behaving differently depending on where you spawn.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I get the feeling that when you start at different times of the day, and at different locations, AI trains are spawned at positions which should be appropriate for the service they're running. However, it seems this spawning isn't working correctly for some services and maybe they're not tripping signals correctly.

If you started playing at the beginning of the timetabled day, and then waited hours IRL to get to drive one of those problem services, I wonder if it would be any different? The theory being that the problem trains should have run their routes fully, rather than being spawned part way through their route, and all signals should have been tripped properly. That's all speculation of course, and not something I have the time or inclination to test, but it'd be interesting to know if this was the case. That said, it would of course be even more interesting to know when DTG will release a fix for this.

• Like Like x 1
  21. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The train stuck at sindorf is there as you spawn, sometimes it moves forwards sometimes it doesn't can' t understand why

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Also, FYI, I've just done the ICE 12 Bruxelles Midi journey in Chapter 4, and I went past a pair of trains stuck in a head to head on red.

• Like Like x 1
  23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Could you try the 09:03 service to Köln? I am not sure about the XX40 services, for example if you spawn the 09:03 the train that terminates at Sindorf spawns in the bounds of the platforms, while other services spawn near the signal facing Düren. So what I wrote earlier I think it's wrong, also you already decided that all the xx03 services work and those are the one that spaws the services that terminate at Sindorf, so maybe some trains spawn before the signals some spawn past it already

24. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

The 09:03 seems to be fine. I did hit a red outside of Sindorf, at which point I started to get a bad feeling, but it turned out it was because of the 09:18 service that was at the platform at Sindorf. At 09:18, that train moved forwards, and I was able to get to Sindorf ok.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I ran into the same issue, but the train leaves after a short while. What is however weird is the service ending/starting at Sindorf. I checked the official schedule, and there are no trains ending at Sindorf. There is a S19 running every 20 minutes to Düren, but none whatsoever that terminates or begins at Sindorf!

• Like Like x 1
  26. taperrnoux

taperrnoux New Member

Do you know why i can`t use the S-Bahn Köln? (I have Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr but i can´t drive these trains on HKA)

27. LucasLCC

You need RRO instead of HRR sadly

28. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

What's the update with this please DTG Natster ? Not seeing anything mentioned in todays updated roadmap...

29. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Don't expect it to be looked into anytime soon. Even it should be high priority right after they release.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

This is how these issues end up snowballing, they are left and left instead of being dealt with asap after each release.

• Like Like x 4
  31. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Yeah, I also notice that the layers fix for HMA on consoles has been kicked into the long grass, and is right down the bottom of the list, when in fact, it should be at the top. Doesn't look good.

• Like Like x 1
  32. kevin.charb81

As a user, it's frustrating because it makes the route "Temporarily Unavailable" as I can't begin a service with any confidence of completion.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Bob12212

Yep, all the needed to do to get people to buy it sooner rather than later, was say they'll come up with a fix, but no guarantee of when. Although it can't be easy, they are probably getting max potential out of the current gen consoles.

I'd imagine the fix will probably stay down low until next gen consoles are released and are more main stream.

34. Bob12212

That's how I feel. Some routes I don't play at the mo. Yes they "run" but, there is more than needed than that to be able to enjoy them, for me.

• Like Like x 2
  35. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I fear the problem could be that the dispatcher doesn't know how to handle single-track segments with multiple signals in them in both directions. From my observations, the dispatcher sets the pathways for trains quite some distance ahead of the train. But this appears to be simply x amount of signals into the future. In single track segments, this could lead to the situation that one AI train blocks the single track up to a point but not completely. The opposing train can enter the single track but then has to wait until the track clears. In the end they stand head to head.

If this is the case, then a systemic and proper fix could take a while.

• Like Like x 1
  36. DTG Natster

Morning, I can understand how it's disappointing not seeing what you hoped for on the Roadmap just yet, I don't have any new updates to share beyond it is being looked into and unfortunately I can't offer you a timeframe as to when you should expect a fix.
    If I receive any news to update you with, I will.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  37. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I have a bit of hope that it is just a scheduling issue (i.e. a train service ending and starting at a point where it shouldn't, see my previous post), but it might very well be something more serious.

38. LucasLCC

I've been doing quite a bit of digging into this today, comparing to the real timetable. There's a few errors with the TSW timetable, but the issues occur with the Sindorf terminators between 09:03 and 12:17:

Off peak, the S19 departs Duren at XX:23 and XX:43 in reality. In TSW they've been made to depart at XX:03 and XX:43.

The XX:03 services are shown to call at Sindorf at XX:16. This is impossible, as the Sindorf terminator arrives at XX:03 and departs at XX:18. This is why the 09:03, 10:03, 11:03 and 12:03 all end up stuck waiting for the Sindorf unit to move.

Fix for this is simple. The four services need to be retimed 20 later, as per the real schedule.

The XX:43 is a bit trickier, as this issue isn't a timetable issue.

The XX:43 is scheduled to go through Sindorf at XX:56, some 7 minutes before the Sindorf terminator arrives. Unfortunately TSW seems to set the route for the Sindorf unit first.

The best solution to this would be for the route not to be set at Horrem until the Sindorf unit has closed the doors. This would mean the Duren - Koln service would be given priority.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  39. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Nice work LucasLCC

If DTG read this and care about fixing the issue, your research should certainly be useful for them.

40. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I know this is tagged playstation but I tested this on PC just for the hell of it and ran the 10:03 service from Duren and didnt encounter this issue.

I hit the red light just before Sindorf as there was a train in front...but after a couple of mins it changed to yellow and was able to proceed. This repeated at the next stop but once we got much closer to Koln the train in front must have switched tracks and it turned green for the last few kms

One thing I did note is that this service was timetabled to arrive at Sindorf at 10:18 (not 10:16 as noted above)...not sure if tht has anything to do with it, or if this only affects the playstation version.

I havent tested with any other services

--edit-- Tested with the 11:03 service from Duren and it behaved identically to above...so it looks like this issue is unique to the playstation (and possibly Xbox)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  41. LucasLCC

I play on PC too, so it's not a console specific issue.

The 10:03 and 11:03 are scheduled into Sindorf at XX:16:20 as per: https://smtimetables.herokuapp.com/train/3612

The train you follow is scheduled much tighter than you (it arrives into Koln some five minutes before you), as the long signal sections after Horrem cause you to have to wait. I found that you arrive into Koln roughly on time. This still doesn't change the fact that the train is timed wrong, and leaves a 40 minute gap at Horrem. Departures from Horrem towards Koln are at XX:19, XX:19 and XX:59, which as you can see is obviously incorrect.

42. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The timing may be out but based on my testing of 2 of the reported services (10:03 & 11:03); it is not broken. I was able to complete them albeit chasing yellows between Sindorf and the outskirts of Koln.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  43. LucasLCC

I've just had a look, and interestingly the 09:03 (the service I first picked) shows Sindorf at 09:16, yet the 10:03 onwards shows Sindorf at 10:18.

So the specific timetabling through one another is only for the first service.

As previously stated, the timetable is still incorrect compared to reality (which is what DTG said the timetable reflected), and the pattern isn't evenly distributed as per reality

44. kevin.charb81

Can we safely assume nothing has changed?

45. LucasLCC

Correct. Why fix when you can ignore? I did a fair bit to identify the problem services, and it would be nice for someone to state this has been passed on / they'll actually fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  46. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Hiya, I thought I would drop in and say that I am aware of this thread and the issues being reported. I have looked into this recently but unfortunately, the answer is not the one you want.

We need more time to resolve this. Timetables are very carefully designed and simulated with very close timings and movements of trains. Adjusting any train by even a small amount can have a knock-on ripple effect impacting other areas of the timetable that may previously have worked fine.

It will be added to the roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. LucasLCC

Hi Adam,

Actually, you'll be surprised but that is the answer we want. The fact that you're looking into the issue and will be committing to fixing it by putting it on the roadmap, goes a long way to solving the frustrations.

Whilst you're looking at it, please could you also resolve the issue where one of the services doesn't actually exist: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/6-35am-s19-düren-ska-no-map-train.29467/#post-198048

• Like Like x 1
  48. Trey N. Driver

Trey N. Driver New Member

Tried the 10:43 and 11:43 S19 Hennef(Sieg) while streaming. Red signal encountered on both runs. I know this thread is marked Playstation however, this happens on PC as well.

Did a little testing on the 11:43. Arrived at the red signal en route to Sindorf at ~11:56 offending train nowhere in sight. Offending train then arrives at Sindorf at ~12:02. Train departs in opposite direction at ~12:18. Signal changes to yellow and was able to proceed and finish the service albeit 20+ minutes late.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Can I please ask an exception to the necro-bumping rule from the mods? This is relevant information to the New Journeys expansion pack

• Like Like x 2
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I certainly don’t think this counts as necrobumping as the issue is still not resolved and therefore is still alive. If this bug is also present in the new timetable, I will be most dismayed.

• Like Like x 1