Loading Passengers.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by migueld, Oct 27, 2020.

1. migueld

migueld Active Member

The loading passengers feature should not be implemented in this game or should at least be optional in game settings for increased difficulty. In real life it is up to the driver or conductor when to close the doors of the train once all passengers have boarded at a station. I don't know why TSW makes us have to wait at a station for almost 2 minutes on certain trains for all passengers to board. For example on the East Coast Way line the boarding passengers indicator spins really slowly... I get that they are trying to do it so that drivers stay on time but that's when I say it should be an option in game settings to turn it off or on and if a driver is early or late, it should be their responsibility to get back on schedule, It's really frustrating when you are late and have to sit at a station where no one is boarding for an entire minute. Please change this system DTG.

Just make it so that we have the estimated Dep and Arr time at each station and if we are early/late we lose points. (Remember that some players if not most of them don't care about points or progress in this game, it's mostly about the enjoyment of driving a train.)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I don’t like it either. The way I operate makes me want to leave stations 10-15 secs after I open the doors.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I think the arriving and opening door part should definitively be there, but the timer that makes you wait should not be there, I agree. Once we have opened the doors, it should just be something like "close the doors" but without a timer so players can decide themselves when to get going again. More realistic and better immersion in an easy way :)

4. ZeenozPlays

I think that’s what they was trying to say. Trains have to open their doors, it’s just the timer that restricts you and forces you to wait until a certain time to leave.

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I've always assumed it's to simulate the time it takes for passengers to unboard/board. Although on some routes the timer takes a tad long (NEC had a 15min loading timer at NY Penn). It may be realistic, but it's not always fun. WSR includes plenty of waits too, not so much because of the loading timer, but because of the timetable.

In most cases I'm not too bothered by the loading timer. I have more annoyances with the actual timetable, with either being rushed by a clock (although I try to ignore it), or being forced to wait when I'm early. Although I understand this is how timetable mode works, I sometimes wish we had Quick Drive mode like Train Simulator which just lets you drive at your own pace, without being 'late' or 'early' because there's no timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I get that you don't like the timetable, but I think it's easier to just ignore it, rather than removing it, cause that would also upset a lot of people. But even if you have to wait long at a station due to a schedule, it would still be nice for us to take that decision and not the game for us (since it is not enforcing departure time, which could also make some sense, but keeps you waiting for a fixed amount of time once you arrived even if you are late)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Which does make sense in a way. You still have to give passengers time to unboard and board the train, even when you're running late.

(not saying the waiting is fun, but it is realistic)

8. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It definitely needs an overhaul to make it more flexible depending on the country and type of train you're driving. Guard operation would be nice, so the game automatically opens and closes the doors. The driver doing this is unrealistic in some cases depending on what sort of train you're driving. The HST for example.

One big flaw is that it tells you to close doors ON departure time, as opposed to 15/30 seconds before departure time. This causes us to always leave the station around 10 seconds after booked departure time.

One way to get around this currently is to the close doors when the yellow circle is approximately filled up three quarters.

9. ZeenozPlays

I just find it annoying when you see some of these trains Open & Close the doors so quick IRL and you’re just stuck there, staring at a slow timer.

10. migueld

migueld Active Member

That's what I'm saying. The drivers open and close the doors with no timer, it's our decision when to open and close.

• Like Like x 1
  11. migueld

migueld Active Member

Its not really realistic to have a timer that tells you to wait for passengers to board. In reality its the drivers decision I've been on plenty of trains where the driver closes the doors so fast people don't even have time to board, especially on metro trains that are arriving every 2 minutes.

• Like Like x 1