PlayStation Ps4 Pro - 4k Or Hd

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sdbradfo, Oct 26, 2020.

1. sdbradfo

sdbradfo New Member

Which do you prefer using and why?

I like the improved FPS with HD but can’t help use 4K cos I assume it makes things look better.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

4K all the way.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

As a standard PS4 user, does TSW2 on the Pro look noticeably better and is the FPS any faster?

4. sdbradfo

sdbradfo New Member

definitely better FPS in HD mode, I struggle to see an improvement in textures for 4K mode.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

For some reason I actually find the FPS smoother in 4K mode, but worth saying that my display isn’t 4K. Still looks considerably better and crisper in 4K mode despite the full HD display.

6. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I've always played on PS4 Pro, but not on a 4K screen. It therefore enables super sampling to smooth off the jagged edges on things. Just for a test, I turned that option off, so it's running like a standard PS4, and the difference is very noticeable. Textures are no different in terms of quality from what I can see, but things just look sharper around the edges on the Pro with either a 4K screen, or super sampling on a non-4K screen. Also, you get 4K screenshots which is nice. Definitely worth playing on the Pro, and enabling super sampling if you don't have a 4K screen instead of trying for higher FPS (bearing in mind the FPS on the Pro is good to start with)

7. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

I've never bothered to check if mine is set up correctly, got a PS4 Pro and a 4K telly.

8. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

4K mode is the standard setting, so it should be correct if you didn’t change it within TSW2.