It Appears Your Train Is Off Path?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RGoodellSr, Oct 26, 2020.

1. RGoodellSr

RGoodellSr Member

PXL_20201026_221419847.jpg How is this possible? I'm not responsible for setting switches in this scenario.

2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

If it's the hyndman helper scenario with locos blocking your path at Cumberland yard and you push the locos with you, this is what happens. It’s a known problem. There are some work arounds, including switching the locos to a different track. Spawning on foot a little earlier than the service is another one.

3. RGoodellSr

RGoodellSr Member

The map indicates I'm on the correct track for my target, and both tracks are red with no other trains anywhere close. The map doesn't allow me to control crossovers, just sidings. I'm just kind of stuck there with these 2 locos on my nose.

4. RGoodellSr

RGoodellSr Member

I've never done that, not sure I know how. I just play the scenarios in order as they come.

5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

As mentioned elsewhere, just push the locos on to the adjacent track, uncouple, back up and proceed, using the map to move switches as needed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

The yard switches can be controlled. As soon as you meet the two locos, uncouple your train, manoeuvre the rogue locos (your map will lose its blue route line),
    set the switches back and rejoin your train (your map will regain its blue route line). You should be able to continue after this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RGoodellSr

RGoodellSr Member

Well that worked well, once I figured out what you actually meant. I assumed, based on the title, that I was supposed to push these two locomotives up to Hyman and probably drop them off at a siding somewhere and then continue. Once I ditched the extra two locomotives onto an adjacent track, and then proceeded I was able to get past that obstacle. Thanks for the advice.