Is The 47 Working Correctly?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Oct 25, 2020.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

With the WSR being back this week I ran the ‘Preparation work’ scenario where you take the light engine from Williton to Bishops. Seemed to perform oddly to me. When giving power it kept having a delay of several seconds before the amps increased. Similar issues with braking as it almost overbraked. It was hard to maintain a consistent low speed as required on WSR.

maybe I don’t quite remember how the 47 worked from TSW2020 but can anyone confirm if they have noticed odd behaviour?

• Like Like x 3
  2. JimmyTheHut

JimmyTheHut Well-Known Member

I noticed this too. Applying 0 - 20% throttle does very little. Anything above 20% and the amps jump high and it speeds off. Could just be a nature of the locomotive but I don't remember it being this tricky to control.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

yes noticed this to,i to am unsure if this was like this in tsw2020 pretty sure it was not,just cant seem to hold a steady speed,also the scenery seems a bit foggy.but glad to have it on tsw2.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

They fixed the 47 on ntp just before the release of TSW 2. Maybe they've tweaked this one too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TinTin_57

Have a go with it if you can. Just doesn’t seem right to me. The tweaked version for NTP solved the issue with it there it this one on WSR.....hmmmm I dunno

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have a feeling some aspects of Simugraph have been broken on porting the locos over. Would explain the slower German locomotives too. I’m probably completely wrong, but I’m pretty certain Simugraph is what determines acceleration, braking force, amps etc in each loco or train set.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ross.duncan35

have just tried it on tsw2020,and there is a difference its a lot smoother pulling away and holding speed,i can hold a steady speed on inclines on tsw2020 but not on tsw2?

• Like Like x 2
  8. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

Yep, the WSR 47 was retractioned to match the NTP 47 since it can now escape the confines of WSR. Previously like on NTP 47 it was massively underpowered on console only actually able to put down something of the order 1200hp, with the retractioning it now correctly puts down its 2580hp across its entire power range.

The throttle behaviour sounds like it behaves exactly as expected. On gives you the minimum generator excitation and a very slow crawl, in this position the load regulator is at its minimum position. Moving it to around 25% engages the automatic load regulator which will cause the load regulator to run up towards its maximum, in this position the engine will maintain about 650hp well up probably to around 70mph. Between 25% and 100% the power is being regulated so 25% will give about 650hp ish while 100% will give 2580hp.

Just remember the load regulator takes about 15 seconds to run up and down between minimum and maximum, so you will defintiley want to think ahead with your throttle control!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i think the 47 and the 33 are underpowered on WSR. i cant hold a constant speed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

Do you also notice these strange sounds? I think it sounds like someone is sneezing. I just started the tutorial for the 47 and immediately noticed it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s great that the Class 47 power has finally been fixed on WSR as it was a little disappointing that only the NTP version was fixed in TSW2020 (after quite the battle to get it sorted). I did a run on it after reading this this thread and found it to be a pleasure to drive. That was after the tutorial, which gives you only one shot at adjusting the throttle or brake before the control is locked out, making it very difficult to complete. But after that, driving it was a dream, and a treat that something is working better in preserved collection than in TSW2020.

I did notice though during my full route run that the two other locomotives I saw were also Class 47s, so maybe the substitution system isn’t working properly on this route yet. I’ll keep my eye on that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ross.duncan35

working fine here,had a 52 western and a 08 pass by,cant remember what was driving at the time or what service,best i remember is that it was before 1215 and was driving a class47 or the western.

• Like Like x 2
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Hmm, could have just been the roll of the dice came up with another two 47s for me. It’s not a route I drive very often but I do pop in every now and then and when I do I’ll see what drives past.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

On my first full route run via journey I encountered 2 class 20 and at minehead a class 52 was stationed, so I think the system works, maybe you really had a bad dice roll :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. TinTin_57

Slightly old thread but 47 related.
    Why does the brake auto apply itself? You can see it here in this short clip. Keep your eye on the BP gauge. You hear the brakes hiss and it applies

• Like Like x 3