PlayStation Br 423 Brakes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by MYG92, Oct 28, 2020.

1. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Is it me or the brakes are worse than its cousin the BR 425 ? It takes forever to brakes at 100% even uphill

2. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

It is a different calibration of the breaking force. The 423 works good with 7 brake handle. The 425 works good with 5. But the first one is better for long distance run and the second one for a lot of stop in a short distance

3. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

There’s a lot of short distance between stations near munich

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Matt said, this is realistic. For me, this is cool and challenging :)

5. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Well not realistic if we talk about the timetable it’s impossible to arrive on time but it’s something common on many routes

6. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Of course it is possible to stay on time. Heck I even manage to get back up to time when I am more than 30 seconds late. The key (as with all S-Bahn trains) is to get up to speed fast and to break as late as possible.
    Plus useful tip, close the doors a bit before the loading circle is complete, the closing process still counts as loading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It is not a bug but a feature. For this train rough driving is required (this is realistic according to Matt). Watch the launch stream for MAG. For this train I use the throttle with two postings: 0 and max, same for the brakes that works more or less, if you are very accurate in estimating you stopping distance.

• Like Like x 1
  8. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

As explained above it is 100% realistic. Matt said that they asked actual BR 423 drivers if the brakes were indeed like that and they answered that they were just like the real thing. Personnally I don't have issues with that, I know more or less when to put maximum braking and manage to stop the train correctly and while keeping the timetable.

9. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Just for reference:
    I start at 50-60% power and after the engine howls I ease it into 100% (for a bit of realism only, you can hammer it to 100% immediately if you want)

When going at 120 km/m you will easily come to a halt with room for error when your brakes are at 100% at 650 meters from the station.
    I found out that as long as you are on 100% break force by 550 meters to the station you will manage to stop.
    (not accounting for rain or snow of course)

Plus in order to safe time, close the doors when the loading passengers circle is at the lower right. The icon shows a person left and the door right, when the loading bar passes the lower right corner of that door icon, you can press close doors. The loading continues until the doors are fully closed and will be closed this way 1 or 2 seconds after the loading passengers finished.
    While closing doors reduce brakes to minimal breaks in order to get going faster.

Hope these tips help, the timetable for the 423 is quite challenging but honestly, I like the challenge alot.

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I love the brakes on the 423. It is possible to keep on time. The first couple of stations you might be behind, but by the end of the route you’ll be on time (within 60 seconds) as you have to wait for a train to pass at one point. It just takes a bit of practice. I generally speed up or maintain my speed up to 400-500m from the station and then start braking from there. Hard if necessary. It’s ok to be aggressive.