PlayStation Ska: Trains On Siding Impacting Performance.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Vinnie, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

We know already about the out-of-memory issues affecting routes and I think this trains(both ICE's and talent's) sitting at the siding besides Duren Hbf. are probably contributing to negatively impact performance.
    I'm quite sure they don't belong at that particular siding anyway IRL.

• Like Like x 2
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They always appear fuzzy when you first see them too. They should be removed to aid the performance of the route, which has degraded with every added layer from the preserved collection. Sometimes when driving the ICE you pass the ICE coming in the opposite direction near here, and if there is an S-Bahn train at Duren station too, then it severely overloads the memory.

If the work they are currently doing to optimise and streamline memory use on all routes solves this then they might be able to stay but as these trains aren’t necessary and aren’t used in any services, just removing them would be a good idea anyway. We pass massive empty yards on the route, so a couple more empty sidings isn’t going to spoil the atmosphere of the route, but the lagging and stuttering and thinking that a game crash is imminent is.

3. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I would leave the trains there. They should just get a job. I didn't notice any game crashes at Duren.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I haven’t had a game crash there either, just all the stuff that normally happens just before a game crash, so it’s close to crashing, which is what I said. The trains are affecting the smooth running of the route, aren’t doing anything constructive, so are dispensable as a possible method to improve performance.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I don't get game crashes either, bad I get a short freeze of a couple of seconds when coming to Düren from Köln right under the last bridge before Düren - which could be right about when those trains parked at siding are loaded?!