Is Pzb Broken On The New Hauptstrecke München - Augsburg?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Vinnie, Oct 21, 2020.

1. hightower

hightower Guest

Is this correct too? I guess so, but I’m surprised you have to acknowledge a 40kph speed reduction when starting from 0. Does that sound right?

The relevant bit is at 25:35

re Those yellow signals, they were definitely yellow. 2 of them (so I guess a repeater and a main) then a red. None of them triggered any kind of PZB response. I wasn’t under LZB.

2. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I have experienced a red signal without 500 Hz in front, so yes, can reproduce the problem. A main signal is identified by a white-red-white marker below it. Signals that also indicate the next main signal have an additional yellow triangle to the bottom. A pure indicator signal that isn't a main signal has an X on white background below the signal.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. sinnere

sinnere Active Member

What an overly complex system.. I've started playing with just LZB "unisolated" (slowly learning) and a penalty brake application would always activate <10km from the destination. This occurs on this route and the original ICE route. Any clue as to why?

4. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

True, but there's no penalty for an ACK so, if in doubt, ACK! I got stuck at a yellow in the underpass approaching Hackerbrücke, no matter how slow (even down to 20kph) or how many ACKs, I still got a 1000Hz and an emergency stop after passing it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 2martens

Maybe you have forgotten to acknowledge the end of the LZB with PZB Release?

6. sinnere

sinnere Active Member

How would I know when to acknowledge?

7. hightower

hightower Guest

You’ll see and hear the yellow ‘Ende’ light illuminate. When it does you have a specified time to press the PZB Release or you’ll get the penalty brake, which I suspect is what you’ve experienced.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Have a look here, part 1-4

http://sh1.org/eisenbahn/rindusi.htm

• Like Like x 1
  9. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

@highlander - yes you must acknowledge an armed pzb magnet regardless of your speed.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 2martens

Thanks for clarifying. However, some magnets seem to be disabled although they should be active. For example, if you take the S3 service to Deisenhofen from Pasing Pbf, the yellow signal at the start doesn't trigger PZB.

Moreover, some speed restrictions are not indicated by either signals or trackside markers. That's problematic for playing realistic without all the hud helpers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. hightower

hightower Guest

Hmmmmm.

I just completed this service as part of journey mode (and great it was too).

16:39 - S3 Mammendorf (BR 423)

However, I’m convinced those yellow/reds I was talking about are not right. I’d be interested to hear other opinions though.

Approaching Mammendorf at the end of the service there is a yellow followed by a yellow followed by a red. PZB acknowledge does nothing, there are no controlling magnets, even as you approach the red.

Am I wrong, or is it a problem?

12. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I can confirm what you're experiencing, and it is most definitely an issue. PZB is a little broken on this route, but I haven't experienced any bugs that ruin my session such as an unavoidable Zwangsbremsung. For now I just pretend that I did acknowledge a yellow and slow down for the 500Hz magnet. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2martens

There is an issue with missing magnets and some wrong yellow indicator signals. If main signal is yellow, the indicator signal would be green. But sadly the indicator signal is yellow too as if the main signal was red. Therefore, it is correct for PZB to not react to acknowledge on the first yellow signal. The second one, however, should be with a reaction.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I noticed this as well.

Has anyone already already mentioned the surprise 60KM/H speed limit just before Muenchen-Pasing (Eastbound)? There is a signal that indicates a 60KM/H restriction coming up and then the track diverges and the limit immediately drops to 60 before the next signal. In reality shouldn't that signal display a white 60 limit with the previous signal indicating the upcoming restriction?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

It’s not completely broken in the route, but I’m sure the approach to Mammendorf was one of stations in the live stream preview that had an issue, or was it Maisach?

16. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Apologies for the double post, just completed this service too, driving toward München limit 130km/h, see a flashing green in the distance, so start braking, knowing there will be a speed reduction, reach the signal, and there is a permanent advance speed limit sign of 60km/h at this signal, so acknowledge PZB, 1000hz monitoring, no issues here for me.

But is that the correct sequence?