Amtrak Sus

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jamesonmin, Oct 27, 2020.

1. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

Where is amtrak in TSW2? we got ONE amtrak route in 2020 but its not coming as a preserved collection. why was there not more? its basically the only US passenger rail company , and its pretty popular among players. and the route we got didn't even feature a P40DC or F40PH just an ACS-64 now now i get it in 2017 the Amtrak cities sprinter was only a year old. but that was all of amtrak. what happened? its not like BNSF in TS whatever where they only allowed it in the US (IDK), but NEC was available worldwide

• Like Like x 2
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

They had an interesting discussion about Amtrak and TSW2 in one of their streams, but I can't remember which one. It doesn't matter.
    Anyway, DTG has still got the license for Amtrak, so nothing has changed on that side of the spectrum. They didn't Preserve NEC:NY however because of the countless bugs that it had, mainly about signals and speed limits. If I remember correctly, it was Adam who said something in the trend of: "We could even better build the entire route from the ground up then port the route over, because that would possibly create even more bugs". Also, they said that there WILL BE an Amtrak route in the future, but only when it appears on the Roadmap.

So who knows, maybe some other interesting Amtrak route will be made in the future ;)

Short version: NEC had too many bugs, but DTG has still got Amtrak's license.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. jamesonmin

its been over 2 months. no news

4. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

No no no, the stream was quite recently. About a week ago. NEC won't be preserved, but the Amtrak license is still there. Please read my original post again. ;)

5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The current NA route for DTG is Clinchfield, they probably won't announce a new one on the roadmap until this one is released.

• Like Like x 3
  6. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

It seems that November is doomed to be no new routes, only patches.

7. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

TBH, I prefer that they take the time they need and have less bugs at release.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Just be patient, it'll come eventually.

9. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

If you mean cross country rail company, you’re right. If you don’t mean that I would like to remind you of the MTA (Metro North & LIRR), Septa, Metra, New Jersey Transit, and more (excluding subways).

10. jamesonmin

Well I mean the only cross country unless you want to hop around commuter rail