South Wales Coastal??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie.greatorex58, Oct 28, 2020.

1. jamie.greatorex58

jamie.greatorex58 New Member

I'm after the South Wales Coastal as its needed for a particular route i would like to download.

I know its been discontinued but is there anywhere or anyway I can get it still as this route will not work without it?

Thanks in advance

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You can get the Bristol to Cardiff version but not the Bristol to Swansea one. The BRI-CDF was included in the 2017 bundle I believe

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. jamie.greatorex58

Is that the same route? Trying to download Birmingham to Bristol XC route and it states that I need the South Wales coastal, will it work without it do you think?

5. jamie.greatorex58

6. Pookeyhead

Someone tried to use Instant Gaming the other day and had issues with Paypal verification not sending SMS codes... use a credit card etc... unless they've fixed it.

7. Pookeyhead

If it just lists it as DTG South Wales Coastal, then yes.

8. Pookeyhead

Sorry, I misread the post... If it lists it, it probably either won't work, or will have assets missing like platforms, gantries etc...

9. ARuscoe

XCRoute only goes as far as Cardiff but there is an email on the webpage so could email them and ask

10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

For the Birmingham to Bristol extended route you can either/or the original Bristol to Cardiff or the extended one.

11. jamie.greatorex58

Thanks for all the help guys, think I'll just get TS2017, found a key for £4 on gamivo. So if I want routes from the other TS games I can just buy that particular years release and the routes will work?

12. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

Yes, the free version of the Birmingham xc route only goes to Cardiff, but, there is a payware donation version isn't there, does this carry the route on to Swansea now? I don't have that route so can't confirm anything for the OP.

Don't forget that there is likely to be a Halloween Sale on Steam starting tomorrow afternoon, you can get routes at discounted prices.

Cheerz. Steve.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  13. ARuscoe

Each year DTG have released a core update (TS followed by the year) and a bundle of routes that go on sale with that update
    So if you buy that bundle you get the licenses for the included routes which you can cash in on steam and they will work on any version of TSx
    Next year they will put out TS2022 (most likely) and this will be the core update (free for everyone who has any version of TSx already) and a new bundle on steam for those who are either new to the game (so no DLC at all) or who don't have the three or four routes included in the bundle. I bought the bundle deluxe this time round as I didn't have any of the routes and got 4 routes (approx £100) for about £40

14. ARuscoe

Confusingly there used to be two payware "south wales coastal" routes, one to Cardiff and one to Swansea. Both are now discontinued, but you can get the CDF one as part of the bundle detailed above. I have both but don't know which specifically is required for the XC route, They're separate folders in the file structure so you would need the correct one to run XC

15. Pookeyhead

It just says DTG South Wales Coastal. I have the one that came with 2017, and it's the only South Wales route I have, and the Birmningham XC route works for me.

16. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

What and where's this XC route you're all talking about? It sounds interesting, wouldn't mind taking a gander.

17. jamie.greatorex58

Here, its the Birmingham to Bristol route.
    Has quite a few payware requirements

https://xcroute.com/extended/

Also, your profile picture is awesome, The Dead South are wicked

18. Pookeyhead

only those in red are required to actually run the route. The others are scenario requirements I would imagine.

19. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link bud, yeah TDS are awesome, will be interesting to see what happens now the cello player has left though.

20. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Anybody got a copy of the XC manual I can check out, the link appears to be dead on the XC site

21. Pookeyhead

It didn't come with a manual as such... just a .txt file telling you how to install it

22. ARuscoe

I've got a manual but there's nothign in there above what's on the website. Reqs for the route, reqs for the scenarios and a few bits about interesting points on the route

23. Pookeyhead

• Like Like x 1
  24. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Thanks ph I'll dl it when I'm back on my PC later, I'm on my phone atm. :)

Edit:
    Looks good, think I'll give it a try. :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  25. jamie.greatorex58

Okay so I now have the South Wales coastal installed but am also in need of the DTG class 220 and 221 which is also not on sale anymore. Is there anywhere I can still obtain this??

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  26. Pookeyhead

No. You missed that one by a a few weeks only. Notifications were posted on here warning of the deletion of them. You can always get the Just Trains Voyager Advanced though.

27. jamie.greatorex58

Ahh well that's a damn shame, it states that the DTG and the JT voyager are both required for the scenarios to work. I guess there's no way around this without having the DTG version.

28. ARuscoe

Use TSTools and swap out the two types for the JT one

29. jamie.greatorex58

Is that a program that comes with the game? Havent heard of that before, I wouldn't really have a clue how to go about changing them.

30. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The program does not come with the game and you have to download and install it.
    It is a steep learning curve to get the first thing done but then it gets easier
    http://www.agenetools.com/downloads.html

31. jamie.greatorex58

Okay brilliant, thanks for your help, I'll have to give it a go later on. ;)

32. ARuscoe

As 749006 says above, its a separate program with it's own quirks, but useful in these instances

33. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

34. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

Wish I knew when the south Wales route is coming back though, the article leaves me wandering if it'll be available in a year or in a week.

35. AlexTheMole

AlexTheMole Active Member

When have DTG ever put up an article for an upcoming product that is more than 1-4 weeks away? I'd say it's safe to assume it is coming in the next couple of weeks.

36. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

I'd prefer if they let us out of our misery when they actually release it and then release the article. I could die in a week whilst waiting for this to come out...

37. AlexTheMole

.....what?

38. ARuscoe

Irony aside, do it quietly LOL

• Like Like x 1
  39. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

40. Pookeyhead

There's always 3rd party reskins :)

41. AlexTheMole

Exactly, there are very good reskins out there for pretty much everything TfW operates that exist as models in TS. SWC coming back is good news no matter what way you look at it.

Edit: Also considering the ownership of TfW is changing who knows what obstacles that may have put in the way of getting a license. With what is happening to the current TOCs at the moment who knows what the future holds for routes/stock in current liveries and branding.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  42. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Of course there is, of which I have many, but that's hardly the point, I would be much happier if DTG went full TfW with this including station signage, announcements, liveries, interior upholstery, destination boards and so on.

Also you try finding re-skins that don't require other purchases like AP's Enhancement packs and such (I've purchased a few myself for this very reason, not everyone is in the financial position to do so)

And what about new stock? The Class 769 (revamped Class 319 EMU into a BMU) is coming to TfW soon (it's in extensive track testing and familiarisation as we speak)

Like I said, big picture this is terrible news.

43. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

ARuscoe said he had it on good authority that DTG and TfW were already in talks, and besides TfW is a (Welsh) Government owned entity and they work for us (allegedly) so TfW should be public domain anyway.

44. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

If I own Bristol-Cardiff would I get the line to Swasea for free?

45. AlexTheMole

I think you might want take a look at the bigger picture of the world if you think us not getting TfW branding in a bloody video game is "terrible news". I've had enough, I cant stand listening to people acting like the world is collapsing because a virtual product isn't exactly what they want. If something is broken yes, but just because something isn't in a livery you want or doesn't come with the type of stock you want you need to grow up and get over it. People wanted this route to come back, so it's coming back.

"We want SWC back!" "Okay, here it is back" "WAAAAHH It's not how I want it!!!!" Get some perspective, I'm done with all this entitlement in hobbies. Luckily most people on this forum are reasonable, shame a few ruin it. I'm out.

46. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Not a chance. It uses SWC for signals, track, platforms and other essential items.

47. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

I meant that in reference to your point about XC Route

48. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

You sound a heck of a lot more upset than I am.

Need a hug?

49. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Oh and just for the record, it's all about perspective and relativity, in the "grand scheme of things" third world famine, BLM not getting enough media time, Doris's cat stuck in a tree are all vastly more important than a video game and its content.. HOWEVER within the context of a video game and the media outlet for said video game that I've invested a lot of money in btw, my point is valid..

You'll learn that when you grow up a bit..

50. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Absolutely. There’s a lot of terrible things going on in the world. Whether it’s the possibility of an attempted coup in the USA, BLM being ignored, the poo-show of Brexit here in the UK, homophobia and misogyny on the increase or runaway climate change threatening the very existence of our species.

However... it’s impossible for our pathetic monkey-brains to cope with all that doom and gloom constantly. So let’s drive imaginary trains and reset our brains and enjoy the fact that we can! Better so that we can have the energy to cope with and resist the onslaught of nonsense. It’s not a dichotomy, kids. You can do both.

I am absolutely chuffed to absolute bits that SWC all the way to Swansea is on its way back (and my (leisure, not serious philosophical or life) dream of driving from PAD to SWA or MAN to CMN gets a bit closer). It’s ok if TfW branding isn’t there - there’s skins available elsewhere from the likes of Major Wales Design, and I spend my time looking out of a cab window at signals and route learning landmarks anyhow rather than worrying too much about liveries.

I’m also chuffed that I can carry on driving TS2021 on “Apple silicon” Macs, and that somehow it actually runs better than under Boot Camp on my laptop. It means I can carry on actually using TS at all. I can’t afford a fancy gaming PC just for TS. Double good news today.

It’s just a game at the end of the day, but please, remember that to many people, including me, having a little escapism in their life, where they don’t have to think about the macro or micro scale problems of the world is a blessing. Especially when a lot of us are worried about even leaving the house.

• Like Like x 1