Station Announcements S-bahn/ice Services

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aufzug, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

Hey guys! (I'm sure something like this has been asked before but I want to put another thread out there)

I've spent a decent amount of time on S-bahn/U-bahn/Ice locomotives and I absolutely love the next station announcements. Almost every commuter train has them (in Germany and elsewhere) and would be a great touch of realism. I know DTG have had difficulties recording in-train sounds because of Covid and licensing reasons but I think it would make the immersion experience that much better! Maybe Dovetail could recreate and record their own station announcements in studio?

For example, you're 1.0km away from the next station or you just closed the doors at the platform, and the PA comes on and says "Nachste Halt: Munchen-Pasing. Ausstieg rechts."

You don't hear anything on S-bahn trains like that in game, and on the ICE 3/3m you only hear the call for the doors opening or to be mindful of the doors/platform. Even a little jingle over the PA would be lovely!

Thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. conmlr

conmlr Member

This would really be a great addition to TSW2. However, I think that the technical implementation is a bit difficult, otherwise they would have already implemented it.

3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This would be cool but dtg doesn't have a proper in train announcements system yet. DTG really needs to figure out ways to implemebt this espically on consoles. Some people on pc have modded announcements on the Bakerloo line and I think in train announcements should come to every route in tsw2

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I think this would be great. Although it would be difficult as they don’t have a system, yet, in place.
    I also think it would be cool to be able to press a button on keyboard or controller to enable a microphone on the train so that you can speak over the PA using a microphone attached to your controller or computer.