Will Ts2020 Support Raildriver Ts2019 Or Wait Till Raildriver 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JonathanMcEvoy, Sep 11, 2019.

1. JonathanMcEvoy

JonathanMcEvoy New Member

I have bought a RailDriver Cab Controller to put my driving realism on because TSW doesn’t support RailDriver and I like TS2019/20 better than TSW and whenever it comes out on 19th September will it work for TS2020 since it worked on TS2019?

2. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Everything that works with TS2019 should work with TS2020 that includes DLC and third party content.

• Like Like x 1
  3. YohTan57

YohTan57 New Member

Hi, I use TS2020 32-bit to play, unfortunately my Raildriver doesn't really work, and the 64-bit version isn't working on my PC. Does that mean that P.I. Engineering has to make an updated driver of the device ?

4. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

You might consider using TS2017/19 Raildriver and joystick software rather than Macroworks3. It works with a greater number of locomotives and is customizable.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Works fine in both 32 and 64 bit on my PC. Don't use the software provided on the CD and download the new version from the website

64bit does have a few issues (mainly macros) but other than that works OK on most units

6. nick_williams_93

nick_williams_93 New Member

I have no issues with RD working on TS2020.

7. Uprrfrmn

Uprrfrmn New Member

I was operating the Metro North M7 A on the Hudson Line - New York & Grand Central Croton-Harmon route TS2021 with raildriver and all of a sudden the throttle on the hud starting frantically moving up and down on it's own literally braking the train bringing it to a complete stop while on my way to Yonkers. I no longer had control of the train. Does this have something to do with compatibility between the raildriver and the route? or the M7 A unit? I did a calibration and had Macros 3 running.

8. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Raildrivers, IMO are very wonky toys IMO. I would suspect it's an issue with Raildriver and/or its software before it is with the game itself. The Raildriver software essentially just translates the inputs of the Raildrive into commands TS2021 can understand.

I would start by suggesting that you take a look at the freeware program Raildriver and Joystick Interface. It's worlds better than the default manufacturer's software which is pretty much as basic as can be. https://simtogether.com/files/file/929-raildriver-and-joystick-interface/

9. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

The Cobra One RD software on UKTS is probably the most comprehensive and up to date software package for raildriver.
    https://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=361&t=139830.
    Raildriver is very old technology and it is NOT even recognised by Windows as a game controller and that's part of its sometimes issues with TS.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Uprrfrmn

Uprrfrmn New Member

Matt, Peter, Big thanks fellas. I've been dealing with these raildriver issues for quite a moment not finding any solutions and just backed off to regroup my thoughts, for the past year so far. I dl'd that raildriver joystick interface program and will put it in play and see what gives, that is on my system. Peter, I remember dealing with a couple of programs authored by CobraOne ( Chris) some time back, guy does some very good work. The interesting view here will be how well will the 2015 interface cope with ts2021 and some of these New York intercity commuter trains I tend to run frequently.