Nyct 4/6 Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Oct 28, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

4 Train
    Information

The 4 Train is a Subway Line in NYC. It runs between Woodlawn and Crown Heights - Utica Ave during the day, and to New Lots Ave during the night. This train is called the "Lexington Ave Express" since it runs Express in Manhattan during the day, however, it runs local during the night. The 4 Train has 28 Stations during the day, and 54 Stations during late-night service.

Here's a Map of the line:
    [​IMG]

Rolling Stock
    The 4 has two different types of Rolling Stock, The R142 and R142A. The Differences between these two Rolling Stock are minor but noticeable.

Here's an R142
    [​IMG]

And here's an R142A
    [​IMG]

Differences between the Rolling Stock:

• The R142 Has a Line Right above the Front door while the R142A does not
    • The R142A has a VERY different Traction Motor/Propulsion Sound than the R142
    • The R142A's are usually cleaner
    • The R142A's have wider front windows
    • The R142A's are numbered between 7211-7810 while the R142's are numbered between 6301-7180 and 1101-1250
    These Trains have Automated Announcements.

6 Train
    Information

The 6 Train is an NYC Subway line named the "Lexington Ave Local" since it runs local along Lexington Ave. It runs between Pelham Bay Park and Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall. The 6 Train has 38 Stations, while the 6 Express has 29.

Service Pattern
    The 6 Train has a unique service pattern with some trains running express in the Bronx during Peak Hours.

Some 6 Trains run Express between Parkchester and 3 Av - 138 St (Towards Manhattan) between 8 AM and 1 PM. Some 6 Trains run Express between 3 Av - 138 St (Towards Pelham Bay) between 2 PM and 8 PM. Between 2 and 8 PM, all Pelham Bay Local trains terminate at Parkchester, while Express Trains continue (They run Local after Parkchester) to Pelham Bay Park.

Here's a map of the line:
    [​IMG]

Rolling Stock

[​IMG]

The 6 uses R62A Rolling Stock, first ran in 1984. These trains do not have automated announcements. These units have LED's on the side rollsigns that will make a Green Circle around the 6 "Logo" to show that the train is going local, and a Red Diamond to show that it is going Express.

Notable Locations

Grand Central Station
    [​IMG]

New Lots Ave Station
    [​IMG]

161 St - Yankee Stadium
    [​IMG]

Conductors are used on these lines. They control the doors. They have to point at a Black and White Striped board in the middle of the station to show that they are paying attention and that the train is fully in the station. ALL of the trains on these lines have to stop at the 10 or S marker at the end of the station.

These two lines are the most used and the oldest in the city. Railfans will love to see these lines in the game as they have Good Scenery and a nice service pattern. There is another line (5) that runs alongside these two, however, it would be a stretch to include it as its just another Express Line.

The combined length of these lines is about 30 Miles.

• Like Like x 8
  2. migueld

migueld Active Member

I want to see NYC subway on TSW so bad.... It's such a fascinating and iconic metro line and even though World of Subways has made one its just really old. Am I the only one whos tired of seeing German routes lol, not only because there's dozens of them especially on TS 2020 but also because only German people can actually play it to it's full extent because no one understands German lol, it's such a difficult language to even understand.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The World Of Subways 4 line was the 7 and it was released in 2015, but took place in the 70-90’s.
    NYC has Really is an iconic Subway system that I love. And I want everyone else to be able to experience it too.

I actually like the German stuff (some of it). And I want to see more routes, but only S-Bahn. I don’t like freight, or Regional. Only S-Bahn/U-Bahn/ICE.

4. Agent007

Agent007 New Member

I would like to see the IRT Lexington Avenue Line in TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Another difference with R142A with R142 is the HVAC system if it's loud R142 Silent R142A R188 7211-7936. Automatic announcement speakers R142 middle Curved R142A R188.
    Closing doors Charlie Pellett Transfer Jessica Gottesman stop announcer. These two are NYC Subway equivalent to German route announcer Ingo Ruff HMA Helga Baeyrtz DB BR429 RSN DB BR 462 RRO HRR SKA Anna

• Like Like x 1