Where Is German Freight

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Snek, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Hauptstrecke München Augsburg has just been released and even though the route looks amazing, I'm still kinda dissapointed and I won't be buying it until it's on sale. Why? Because it feels like freight barely exists in DTG's Germany.

HMA is the third passenger-only german route in a row, freight is only added with additional layers which means the services are all identical A to B runs with reused freight wagons and no creativity. RRO brought only 13 freight services while MSB is kinda boring for freight runs apart from the banking services. The only fun services are on RSN. I play passenger just as much as freight but I don't see any point in buying so many passenger routes that all feel similar and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one

Even Hamburg – Lübeck on the roadmap seem like a very boring route. Based from what I've seen, freight services will probably be just A to B runs with constant 100-120km/h the entire way and i definitely won't be buying that until it's heavily discounted as well.

What I suggest is that DTG should consider some freight focused routes, or at least make more diverse services. I know they can do that, as Tees valley line is very well done and one of my favourites. It would add much more variety to German routes, exactly what DTG wants to have. I'm not very familiar with real life German routes but perhaps something focused around a port like Rostock or Hamburg could work (or some other Centeral Europen country).

I'll try to make some route suggestions in the near future to provide examples.

TLDR: Too many passenger routes, gib freight pls.

• Like Like x 5
  2. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Currently, in the sim, we have a good selection of german freight locos; 204, 185.2, 185.5, 182, and 155.
    The upcoming 363 will be an amazing addition, as it gives access to Hagen GBF/RBF, Boele lumber yard, Hohenlimburg Oege steelworks, Letmathe steelworks, Elverlingsen power station, Plettenberg Industrial area, and with the addition of a cement wagon, Herbeck cement works. It'll really spruce the route up. Plus I hope DTG will add 363 services to at least HMA and maybe other preserved routes.
    Also, the 187 is coming as well!!
    But, you're right we have quite a few freight add-ons, but no true freight route since RSN and MSB kind of.
    RSN and the banking of MSB have really complex, diverse, engaging multi-layered freight services which I really do enjoy. In terms of freight, the other routes consist of A to B runs as you mentioned. Those runs can be cool if the route is very busy and you're not only passing green signals and not running at a constant speed, but that's not the case on all routes. I agree, there are too many of them as well.

I would love to see a true german freight route again because freight has SO much more to offer other than A to B runs. Here's an idea of what I would want: A standalone slightly older route with the 232&152 or a 150&217 or a newer one with the Vectron&265 would be an absolute dream come true.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

That was why I am hoping for Hamburg to Hanover as it contains Maschen Marshalling Yard which is the Largest in Europe. Furthermore, the freight flow is insane. The freight goes too and from the docks and all over Europe which I have seen. I managed to track a freight train that I saw on my last day in Harburg, and saw it about 6 hours later at the Danish Boarder in Padborg. Nearly every 2 to 5 minutes through Hamburg-Harburg which is astounding. And was hoping just to experience it from home as I cannot travel out to Germany at present from Covid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

"Freight timetable" looks empty, that's a fact. Passenger trains are slowly starting to look good, I hope they will deal with freight in the future. I am optimistic about seeing recent progress.

5. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm completely satisfied with the freight loco selection we have right now, it just feels like I have very few options to use them anywhere. No matter how many different locos there are, I keep running the same identical services. There should be some routes where freight can start/stop at multiple locations like on TVL. We already have lots of variety for passenger routes, why not something else?

That's exactly one of the areas i was looking at. Hamburg's port is so large that including just a part of it would offer lots of gameplay, not to mention the Maschen Yard. There are a few possible routes around there with lots of both passenger and freight traffic.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Unfortunately they said it won't bring any new services on other routes :( I was hoping at least for the wagons to bring some new timetable services. Still, like you said, 187 is not too far away and TSG is making the Vossloh G6 (check "roadmap update 27th october" thread!)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Was it actually confirmed that we‘ll have services/scenarios going to all of these? I‘ve been waiting to deliver coal to the power plant for so long...

8. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry, it could give us access, I don't know the kinds of services DTG created. I assume, we'll have most of them. We don't know as of yet.

9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I don't want to worry you ... screenshots
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1304469/Train_Sim_World_2_DB_BR_363_Loco_AddOn/

UPDATE
    Fully agree. I want it so badly too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

What I'd really like is much more loading/unloading action for freight trains.

• Like Like x 1