Would You Be Interested In An Old German Route?!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by w.lichko, Oct 28, 2020.

1. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Out of all the 8 existing and upcoming german routes, NONE are set in an older period. TSW 2 severely lacks historical german routes. All the modern stuff is great but for me, it's "the older the better". An old mechanical loco coupled with PZB or Indusi would be a very cool and challenging driving experience. It is a big project because you would need new assets, altered signaling, and rolling stock, but please make this dream come true!!!
    If there aren't many german historical routes on TS, it doesn't exactly mean there shouldn't be any in TSW 2. Plus the 155 has been very successful too and is easily regarded to be the best german loco in the sim. DTG has dismissed developing this kind of route in the past because of the lack of demand. But I believe there's certainly a market for these trains and time period. So if you want to see this please like and make it visible to DTG or other developers. :)
    Some of these are a bit unrealistic, but here are some general ideas:

DB BR 103
    103_184_DB_nahe_Ostermünchen_-_Bayern_(1).JPG

V200
    unnamed.jpg

DB BR 232 (Ludmilla)
    ludmilla-br232-german-reichsbahn-diesel-locomotive-track-rail.jpg

DB VT 11.5
    88712891-aa42-404b-b8e6-814340e21252_w718_r1.0163934426229508_fpx44.24_fpy52.97.jpg

E 50
    b03-E50 138.jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 53
  2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

WOW! Those locomotives look awesome :love::love::love:.
    YES, I want to drive them!!!
    PLEASE DTG :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

That could even be implemented on existing routes such as RSN. To put it simply, not much has changed on this route from the past, in some cases you only need to remove the ticket terminals and a few other small things at the train stations to bring the train station back into its 70 or 80 years. Some of the work for a new route would be eliminated and you could then concentrate on the trains. Apart from the signals, you would then have to create wing signals. Suitable for RSN would be the V200 with green and blue express train wagons, or the BR 212 with N wagons, and the BR 212 is also suitable for freight trains.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yep, we have enough modern German stuff, adding some older stuff would be cool. Perhaps also add some heritage runs similar to the Railtour Service in East Coastway.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

Oh . . absolutely! And Pennywise has provided what seems to me to be a painless recipe for implementation. :D
    I'd buy this add-on in a heartbeat!

• Like Like x 2
  6. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Very, very cool idea! This has been done before on the UK side of the DLC's with "Northern Trans Pennine" and "Tees Valley Line", which are set in 1983 and 1989 respectively. Both of these routes proved to be a very succesfull product ;) Now they are doing it with the upcoming USA "Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante" DLC too, which will also be set in the past... So maybe there will also come a "old" German route too, who knows!

And as the replies above tell us: A lot of people are interested :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I do fear the chances of this happening aren't too bright. Looking at the DLC that has been made for Train Simulator over the years, there's plenty of historic trains for the UK and the US, but the selection of historic trains for Germany is pretty limited.

8. steamfan

steamfan Member

Ohhhhh YES!! :D PLEASE Dovetail
    I would pay good money for a 70's or heritage german route.

• Like Like x 5
  9. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Ludmillas and V200s would be an instant buy.

• Like Like x 5
  10. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

You forgot the iconic 1973s BR 403 (Donald Duck)
    But i would like to see any of your posted locos in TSW 2 especially BR 103 and Ludmilla :love:
    et-403-in-ic-lackierung-gr.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  11. w.lichko

Ooohh yeah definitely, there's a maximum of 5 pictures in one post, I ran out of space ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

The perfect Train for the Route Münster - Bremen aka Rollbahn.

• Like Like x 3
  13. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Back in 2010 i visited the abandoned BR 403, they were in terrible condition. Since 2012 they are being refurbished, but unfortunately not all of them made it.

It is in german, but for those who are interested in the remaining and current status of the three 1973s BR 403:
    http://et403.bplaced.net/web_acappella/aktuell.html

btw, Münster is right around the corner ;)

• Like Like x 3
  14. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

It's an interesting read of an even more interesting train :) Really liking the look of it, in that time period there where a lot of trains in weird and cool looking shapes. I mean, who would design such a train nowadays, lol. Even if the chances of seeing the "Donald Duck" in TSW2 are slim, it would still be pretty cool :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

I believe the reason you don't see historic DB routes is just simple demand as DTG has said. I doubt it's much more than that. The dedicated DB train sim fans are quite different than the UK and US fans. While there certainly are some folks who would love a heritage or historical DB route, the overwhelming interest in the German community as a whole is in modern services, so DTG has responded accordingly. Again, there is little doubt that a 1960s DB route could sell...but could it sell as well as an equivalent modern route? That's the real question, and I'd venture that the numbers DTG have suggest no. Americans and Brits are all about the nostalgia factor. It would seem (general blanket statement incoming), that Zee Germans...not so much.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Oh god I'm totaly in :)

The DB BR 232 and 218 & 103 & 120 are the locos I only start TS2021 for. Regarding routes I have little knowledge of real fitting historic lines sadly. Edit: Rheingold and some IC services come to my mind ...

• Like Like x 3
  17. w.lichko

Yeah I see what you mean, but DTG can first experiment and develop one of those locos for RSN as Pennywise said. If it succeeds then they can turn towards routes. Maybe another developer could take that risk. But actually, the 155 has been received very well, so that says something. Also if there aren't many german historical routes on TS, it doesn't exactly mean there shouldn't be any in TSW 2. At least they should try, because the market is slightly different and there are consoles players too. I am just hopeful that's all. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Old German locos would be a dream come true. Anything with that amount of character would be a great asset to TSW2. I would imagine driving them would be awesome. The 155 is easily the best thing in TSW and the older you go the better the drive so I’m all in for stuff set in an older time period.

• Like Like x 6
  19. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Alright, guys.
    I take everything, DTG does all that and I take all D-Day and full pot (30 euro) ...

20. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

Yes please. the older the better. Krokodil and contemporaries. All much more interesting to drive that touching a little lever.

21. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

I think there is a lot of interest in a historical route and trains of the railways that existed for 70, 80 or 90 years of the last millennium. Because the average age of the players is between 30, 40 or 50 years and they have seen the "old" trains like BR212, N-Wagen (Silberlinge) (Commuter) or have admired a BR 103 in front of an IC in the train station. Every train fan over 30 should also know the sound of the BR 110 or BR 140 (Knallfrosch) when starting off.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I would definitely be interested in some 70s or 80s electric German action.
    Something like Hochrheinbahn or Schwarzwaldbahn.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

They could use a balance... too many old historical for the UK routes and too many modern for the German. I do prefer modern routes, but a historical one wouldn't kill me. The old trains look cool.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

It's funny, I was also thinking about an old, east-german route for TSW2 yesterday. I remember driving some old dosto cab cars in ProTrain add-ons for MSTS, not sure which locos were used, probably DR 112. But I would surely love BR 103 with Schnellzug or freigh Ludmilla or Gagarin (BR 120).

• Like Like x 3
  25. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I love to drive vintage German stock such as DB 218, the new shunter that has been announced for RSN and the older dosto cab cars. Also would love to start an old German diesel loco from a cold start! Apparently they can start the engines in style!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

20201029_004234.jpg Yes, please! Also, the DB VT 11.5 picture inspired me to listen to some Kraftwerk today, which is always a good thing!

• Like Like x 7
  27. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Is there even any historic routes for Germany?, From what I've seen it seems the earliest routes are set is the 90s, doesn't seem to be anything that's set way back like say Wasatch Grade or the Riviera Line.

28. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I think we have enough modern German routes for the time being. I would love to see some older routes, Biggetal with a VT95 or VT98 would be great, Or the BR218 with Silberling coaches, or even older stuff. From the MST time I still remember the wonderful routes in the Rostock region. Sigh, there is so much awesome history.

• Like Like x 3
  29. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Count me in, the other day I was just reading about the Orient Express, and was thinking it would be great to do the route in TSW with a some what modern train as the steam one is not available in the game, and it would be in small section as the whole route is too long for TDG.

And we could use some of those old-timer locomotive

• Like Like x 1
  30. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Oh I'd love to get my hands on a Gagarin, Ludmilla, V200 and krokodil!

• Like Like x 2
  31. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I suspect from DTG's point of view there are a number of barriers that make this difficult. Firstly it would potentially involve creating a lot of additional assets relevant to the time period and secondly I guess getting access to a loco for sound recordings could also be an issue.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see older routes from any country in the game, but I suspect being potentially more difficult and costly to produce would influence DTG's decision making process.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

That should be with the sound recordings of old locomotives like the BR 218, BR 212 or V200
    not be difficult. Because some of these are still in operation by private companies and the V200 is in museum operation.

The route would be more complex, since the signals there would have to be supplemented with old wing signals and the stations would have to be reconstructed according to old images. As I already wrote, however, RSN would be well suited for this, as Deutsche Bahn has hardly done anything on the route or the stations in the last few decades.

• Like Like x 3
  33. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would love to see some of those with suitable routes in the sim.

They have done backdated UK routes so shouldn't be impossible.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

They also can contact our friends from German Railroads. They created a fair number of old German routes for MSTS. Hopefully their research is still there.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

Wupperexpress from Graphics15, they created a number of routes

36. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm desperate for freight routes, the older the better. Something similar to RSN with older rolling stock would be an instant buy for me. American freight is coming but still a long way off on the Roadmap.

• Like Like x 3
  37. w.lichko

I just wanted to thank everyone you liked and replied to this thread. I can believe it got 40+ likes and 35 replies!!
    So, Thank You! :)

• Like Like x 2
  38. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Yes. I always liked the classics. Not only the german ones, but in general all. I think we have enough modern era trains at the moment.

Cheers

• Like Like x 5
  39. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I have fond memories (well maybe not so fond at the time) of travelling across Germany/Europe during the 1980's on the D trains in that awful compartment stock with the half back plastic seating and solid headrests. Not comfortable on a 13 hour trek from Hook Of Holland to Copenhagen or Stockholm to Hamburg! Then again the local train Silverfish coaches were even less cosy.

However I would love to see that great era recreated in TSW2, maybe something from the Hamburg area or perhaps cross border operations at Bentheim.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Mr.Drew

Mr.Drew Member

It would be really great to have an older route from Germany. I would love to see the BR 103 as it was the classic German Intercity locomotive! Silberlinge for Regional Express services in combination with BR 111 would also be neat. This could also be used on various German routes, even existing ones.

• Like Like x 3
  41. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

DB BR 103 is beautiful, a classic of German roads.
    We need BR 110, 120, 150. I will buy the entire fleet of German locomotives of the era of diesel and electric traction.

• Like Like x 4
  42. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a70's or 80's route, remember as a kid in 1969 Germany getting a local from Sulzbach Saar to Saarbrucken an unusual sight being it was a V60 instead of the usual 212's hauling several silberlingens with those shiny solid wood framed red plastic seats! Very uncomfortable, good job it was a short journey!

Would love to see the Ludmilla 103 and 212 in-game.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  43. w.lichko

On last night's stream, Sam mentioned that the 363 is selling very well. At = 57:27

This might encourage dovetail to develop more old german stock and content! :D

• Like Like x 2
  44. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Good news!:D

• Like Like x 1
  45. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Well, to tell ye' true, i got enough of the modern stuff. Gets boring in a while.
    E50, 232, V200, i'll buy them, maybe the 363, but have my fill for now.
    Besides them USA train-locs all are the same sort of. Those commuting suburb routes, seen enough of that.

46. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Sincerily Im more interested in some old German masterpiece over the modern German routes. That the reason why I asking (since 3 years ago) for the DB BR 103 (and in addiction, like a sort of special/revival servce, the TEE Rheingold livery coaches).
    Firstly, I aim for a modern Intercity, DB BR 101 with modern IC coaches, to add (at least) on Köln-Aachen and München-Augsburg. (So, we will can choice if run the IC/EC service with the modern or special-TEE composition, with 101 or 103 loco) :)

And the DB BR 183 (the true Taurus) over the 182 MRCE (cause we already own the 182 from Rapid Transit, and to paint it in black with the Livery Editor will be pretty easy).

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  47. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Fifteen years ago almost feels like present. I am getting a bit bored by all DB red modern German trains. I want to see green, blue, the cream/red, the VT98 or VT95, the V200. Ludmilla is a good step forward as is the BR363 though an older livery would be nice.
    For TS I have the pack German Freight in the seventies. Awesome stuff!

• Like Like x 2
  48. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I found an old Fleischmann catalogue a few weeks ago whilst sorting through some cupboards, it is from the 1970's. I don't know much about the locos and units in it but would love to see some in TSW2 with the liveries, so much more colourful then.

• Like Like x 1
  49. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I would love to experience this cab:
    DB_Museum_Nuernberg_Trans_Europe_Express.jpg
    In support of this thread, I broke down and bought the 363 - a $19.99 vote for more vintage German DLC!

• Like Like x 3