Dot Control On/off

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by neil2449, Oct 28, 2020.

1. neil2449

neil2449 New Member

How do you get rid of the small grey dot in the centre of the screen whilst driving in cab on Xbox One X?

Do you need a keyboard to switch it off?

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

You will need to plug in a keyboard, yes. Hoping we can get a dynamic option where it toggles on/off depending on if you are moving or not. This works in TSW2 but I can't confirm it works in TSW2020 (limited keyboard options on Xbox).

Ctrl 8
    Cycles the centre dot transparency (off,
    50/50, white)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...check out the following link for info I put together back in Jul on documented (and undocumented) functions that seem to work when using a bluetooth keyboard with my PS4 (that might also work on the Xbox). This list was for TSW 2020 at the time- I suspect/hope most of this will work under TSW 2 as well.

Good luck... would appreciate feedback in this thread on how much success you have with this, and whether you discover any differences on the XBox.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/keyboard-controls.24279/#post-151219

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

We really need a comprehensive (all functions listed) official Keybord document. I've been sewing together hints from streams and the forum for ages building a similar list. Many of the functions you list I recognize and I see a few new ones for me to try (on PS4) there's one or two I've found on PS4 that might be worth looking at for Xbox. Can't filter them all from those you've listed so let me know and I'll post what I've found so far as a whole.

5. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Also, Sam said in a stream once that exterior zoom on consoles is possible, as long as you use classic controls. I’m assuming this is false since I can’t find a way to do it.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There was no zoom function in TSW2020 on console and the classic controls are the same in TSW2 as they were then.

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The best thing to do for finding the keyboard functions on consoles is to look at the list in the manuals for PC and find the ones that don’t work through trial end error. On PS4 there are only one or two keys that don’t work (one of them is a brake key) and xbox is probably just the same. There are keys for so many functions that it really is worth doing especially when using the immersion controller.

8. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...this is pretty much what I did to build my list of keyboard controls- it was an audit of everything I could find that actually works on the PS4 through trial and error (minus camera controls, etc). The commands that differ from what the manual listed have a ‘—>’ in front of them... I found plenty of those in my audit.

• Like Like x 1