Route Suggestion: 90's Intercity From Manchester

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xblackwolf90, Oct 30, 2020.

1. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Route Suggestion:

To: Stoke / Crewe
    Era: 90's
    Locos: Class 87 + Dummy Unit in Intercity Swallow livery, and maybe a DMU of some variety :)

I have no idea what the licensing would be like for something like this, but I'd definitely love to see it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see a classic AC electrified British route as we're going to have three DC third rail routes soon and a high speed AC route.
    If set in the early 90s, you could have class 304s on the local services between Piccadilly and Stoke and Crewe. I'm guessing licensing shouldn't be too hard if set in BR days as it's not tied to a private organisation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

Now 304s would be great. used to enjoy travelling on them. As for DMU maybe a Pacer or even use the same 101 as on NTP, just repaint it into Reigonal Railways out the outside. The seats are already have RR moquette.

Also maybe have the class 47/8s doing the XC services, with original MK2 air con stock. with the interior like they has with the TS20xx Scotrail ones with the 68.

• Like Like x 2
  4. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I know Pacers are mentioned quite a bit, maybe a good opportunity? :)

I'm not sure DTG would want to create two different sets of MK3 and MK2 carriages for one route. Maybe go for a class 86 rather than 87, as I believe they both used the MK2 carriages (please correct me if I'm wrong, this is from memory from trainspotting in the 90's!). Then we could have an electric and diesel loco.