Euro Fishing Poll: Who Thinks Landing Big Fish Takes Way Too Long?

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Dustin Hutchison, Feb 1, 2018.

?
  1. WAY too long!

77.8%
  2. It's OK

22.2%
  3. Could fight harder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dustin Hutchison

Dustin Hutchison New Member

I've seen a lot of people posting about how ridiculous the amount of time it takes to land big fish is.. I TOTALLY agree! My longest fight was about an hour and a half, which I was stunned that any game developers would think that would be "fun" for anyone! Especially if you just want to jump on xbox for an hour or two to kill a little time, like myself.. I was completely utterly bored out of my mind and fighting dozing off at midnight..

BUT, I've actually seen people on here say they have fought fish for over 3 HOURS? That is just ridiculous!! So I wondered how many people think the fight time in this game for big fish is too long? And how many people may think it is OK..

So I thought a poll would be cool to see everyone's thoughts. (Sorry if it's been done)
    Obviously I personally think it's insanely too long!
    Please share your opinions and longest fights..

2. anthony91919191

anthony91919191 Member

Landed felix last night , must have taken a hour in real time I went so carefull as I thought it was the hulk and didn’t want to loose it , lost 3 boss fishes on the Spanish lake , they were on for approx 20 mins and ran over 230 yards and snapped off , and I wasn’t to happy and I find trying to catch boss tench and bream quite difficult ... apart from that the game is addictive, would like to see some x box one x graphics updates to really show what can be done

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I don't mind the length for fights with Boss fish, I just don't like 30 minute fights for big non boss cat,

• Like Like x 1
  4. minirobin1971

minirobin1971 New Member

I totally agree ,I was on a multiplayer session which i was LEADING ,hooked LYNX which took me a hour too land ,by that time my mates over took me and i was bottom.IT not worth wasting time landing them anymore ,which takes the fun ot of it .I do hope DTG drop this....

5. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long. It takes longer in game time than it takes to land world record marlin. It's completely out of balance and ruins the game. Complete waste of time to land the cats.

• Like Like x 1
  6. harold

harold Active Member

cats ruin the daily tournaments just put rod down as takes to long to land

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

My issue is after the initial run and getting back near the bank - Watching the large Cats splash around 10ft in front of you for 30-45 mins - How are you able to drag a large Cat in 200 yards and when it gets 10 yards from the bank it takes longer than the 200 yards you just made?! A.I definitely keeps getting tweaked - Cheetah took me over an hour comfortably but then caught Megladon a few days later and it came in half the time. If the fight mechanics were more complex it maybe wouldn't be so bad but just holding one button down pretty much until its landed is dull, especially when you have ticked off all the boss fish and its being caught for a tenth time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dustin Hutchison

Dustin Hutchison New Member

Ya and the thing that gets me is that I landed HULK 90lb or so in 15 min, then catch a 85lb non boss cat and took 45+ min.. How is that possible? lol And you're right, mine go out to 200yd and reel back to 15 yd in 10-15 min.. Then they just swim back and forth forever. Even when they get close enough that you could net it if you wanted.. I think much heavier line would be and easy fix, but I doubt that if they just made these fish harder to catch in a recent patch..
    I like this game a lot, but I don't like when I end up spending the only hour or two of free time I have to jump on xbox just fighting one single fish. Even worse when it ends up not even being a boss..

9. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

It only seems to be big catfish that have been tweaked so that they drag out the last stage of a fight to extreme lengths. Big carp even the huge ones in Presa can be landed after a reasonable fight. Cats over 60 pounds however flap around for ever as noted, all catfish in that bracket not just the boss fish so if you are match fishing dropping the rod when you hook a big cat seems to be the only sensible course of action. It tends to upset the game balance and when you start a session with limited time you can run out of time before you even land your first fish if you are unlucky enough to open your innings with a big cat.

10. Spankus Munky

Spankus Munky Member

They should just scale the fight time to the game clock time. If you want a long fight shove it on the real time 24h equals a day game time, want a quicker fight and net then play on 1h equals a day game time. That way everybody is covered and happy.

As a personal preference the fights could be a little longer for some of the fish but they need to stop this 9-15yrd superfight at the end for 20mins.

• Like Like x 2