Two Possible Route Ideas!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NeilM4472, Oct 29, 2020.

?

Which would you like to see?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2020.
  1. Rochdale Loop?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. East Lancashire Railway?

11.1%
  3. Both?

88.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NeilM4472

NeilM4472 New Member

milnrow(beven_price11.1972)old3.jpg olddham(alan_perryman_last_day)mumps38.jpg Oldham_Mumps_railway_station,_Greater_Manchester,_geograph-3795244-by-Nigel-Thompson.jpg eastlancs dieselgala.jpg maxresdefault (2).jpg

As a old boy (51) living in the Manchester (UK) area, who worked on BR (mid to late 80's), who loves Train Sim World 2, Train Sim World and Train Sim 2021 and models in N Gauge, I would like to put forward two possible route ideas, the first being Manchester Victoria to Rochdale this was a loop one route via Oldham Mumps and the other via Castleton, with Newton Heath Sheds on the start off the split operated under Thorpe Bridge signal box, I know that the Newton Heath sheds to Manchester Victoria is in the Northern Transpennine Route but this would be an excellent add-on in my mind, the other route is the East Lancashire Railway Heritage line, Heywood to Rawtenstall, although operated as of today with steam, as well as diesel Loco's, again I think this would be an excellent addition to the UK route collection (along with the current West Summerset Railway).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

A route extension for Northern Transpennine would be a welcome addition for me.
    I think route pack including the line from Newton Heath to Rochdale (both the direct and Oldham loop line) and the Bury line from Man Vic would be good to see. This would be just under 30 miles, which is a reasonable length and would make Manchester Victoria much busier and lively.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

I'll take the class 156 to go please

• Like Like x 1
  4. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

101841.jpg

Another unit on the Oldham Loop line. Just to show it can be done with a 101 included.

• Like Like x 1