Köln Schnellfahrstrecke Br 442 Lights

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dallas117, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I was always bothered on this route when driving the BR 442. Why do the interior lights shine on the outside of the train, only in certain spots, like the control cabs not the coaches, I'll upload a picture to show what I mean. But if there is a reason for this please explain it to me, otherwise a fix would be nice. Train Off 1.png Train On 1.png Train Off 2.png Train On 2.png

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That‘s curious. I didn‘t notice that. It would seem then that this is a problem with all coach lights for trains as the same thing happens with DoStos (just a lot easier to spot since they‘ve got blue light in the top level). If you dig around the technical reports section you should find my report on this from when RSN was preserved.
    Have you posted this in the technical section too?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

No I have not, I thought that was more for technical help to get, but I see now it's also to report problems, so I will do that now. I was going to say also I did not notice that problem on RSN ever, but I have not played it on TSW 2 yet, I wonder if their lighting is behaving strangely in the new game

4. Lamplight

It would appear so. I‘m certain that the lighting issue I stumbled upon was not present in TSW 2020. So it seems that this is another issue introduced by the the preservation process.

5. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

It could be although I believe this was here from the start on this route, so it could be just the way the newer unreal engine is treating their lights in some instances, like this train only some of the lights make that affect, but not all of them, which is very strange

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I also made a new post in the technical issues section

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lamplight

Yeah, you‘re right. It seems my brain was AFK:D As SKA is not a preserved route, obviously the problem is far more likely to be found in the new engine lighting system and not in the preservation process.

• Like Like x 1